Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
While there were plenty of negatives we saw today that need to be fixed quickly, there were positives as well. None bigger than this team didn’t give up. They shot them selves in the foot over, and over, and over… but they didn’t quit like they would have last year. They picked themselves back up and got back to work. Even after all of the injuries, missing starters on both sides of the ball, negative plays, too many penalties to count and 3 turnovers.. we had a genuine chance to win the game late in the 4th quarter. Last year this team would have folded and lost 41-10. That’s progress at least.

Now I’ll wait and see if Heupel can get some of this sloppiness and discipline cleaned up before passing full judgement.

he’s never been given a chance. I’d bet 90% of fans agree.

No coach will or should "give" him a chance. He has to earn it which, assuming things are being managed the way they're supposed to be by the coaches, he had the opportunity to do in spring and fall camp.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
HB the guy.. save this message so y’all can eat crow. Coaches don’t want to play him cause they know they’re wrong.
No one would eat crow. We just have no say so in the QB battle so we don’t waste our time. We all want the same thing, I think, and that’s for TN to win.

Reactions: hooter vol
We should have been up 21-0 in the first quarter and then cruised to a victory.

We let them back in.

Milton on his long scramble should have scored - we ended up shooting ourselves in the foot and kicking a FG.

We could have ended it early and they would have just given up.

That long scramble not ending in a TD was all on the penalties. That was a nice run by Milton. The penalties were just stupid, stupid, and stupid.

Y’all listen to “practice reports” maybe HB is just the nets in game. I know I’d rather roll with him and a young team than an “experienced QB who wouldn’t hit a barn door.

On the 3rd down spot of Hooker’s run the sideline ref was 7 yards behind the play instead of floating toward the goal line action. No way to see where Hooker ends up when you’re standing on the 10 yard line.

When I saw the ref pedal back towards the 10 yard line I just had this overwhelming feeling we were about to get a bad spot. And guess what.. we got a really bad spot.

I agree. The fouls were committed after the change of possession. How did Pitt get the ball back?

Then what happens if we hold the ball? I’ll tell you what—we go half the distance to the goal from the spot of the foul, in this case, that would have been the 5 yard line.

We forced them to kick again. Those were the options—take the ball and eat the penalty or accept the offsetting penalties and re-do 4th down. We took the latter.

But here’s my take on today:

We played with the discipline of a Pruitt-led team but ran a Butch Jones offense.

The rest of you can rehash the same talking points that have been stated for 2+ hours now, but it doesn’t change the fact that we are not a good football team, and it won’t be changing anytime soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vols4us
Hyams and Fuad, app at some restaurant, making good points. Questionable play calls in key areas. Hooker good off bench. TN has 7 players out. Including Tiyon.

Use next week to get better, play hard.
Hyams doesn’t know his ass from his elbow and Fuad is a kicker….what do either of them know about play calling?

Reactions: barrylee
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back