Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
With grass just remember there is a difference between dormant and dead. If you have a cool season grass for example it'll actually brown (go dormant) in the hotter months and be greener longer in cooler temperature months. If you have a warm season grass it'll thrive in summer and go dormant in cool weather.

Not sure what kind of Fescue you have, but if it's tall then it'll need more watering until late September when things cool off again to keep it green. If you don't have a lot of shade for the lawn I think Bermuda is probably the choice for reseeding, since it's a warm season grass. But either way probably be best to do any grass seeding in Fall and/or Spring regardless. Not much you'd put out in the heat of summer is going to really get setup and take root well.

Yup, no shade in front or back. There’s neighbors that moved in a month or so before me and they were able to get their grass looking great and healthy, but they also didn’t start in the dead of summer and had a better start with the sod they were given. If I don’t notice much improvement the first month or so I’ll probably cut back on water and wait to talk with the landscaper.

Reactions: SoilVol
Yup, no shade in front or back. There’s neighbors that moved in a month or so before me and they were able to get their grass looking great and healthy, but they also didn’t start in the dead of summer and had a better start with the sod they were given. If I don’t notice much improvement the first month or so I’ll probably cut back on water and wait to talk with the landscaper.

Yeah if they got in there in April they were in the perfect time to help jumpstart the lawn before it got hot so that's not a huge surprise.

Well that is intriguing…

Have always thought he had the most potential if he could just develop some touch.
He apparently has every tool and throw in practice. I'd assume 'touch" is involved there.

I think his problem is between the ears. If Heup can help him with the in-game adrenaline, he will probably be a Heisman candidate. If not, snap, clear, next man up.

Reactions: sjt18
Well that is intriguing…

Have always thought he had the most potential if he could just develop some touch.
Physical talent is not a problem. But Vol fans more than any others should know that physical talent alone can't make someone a successful SEC QB. We just witnessed a guy with everything you could want from a physical, character, and toughness standpoint... fail for 4 years because of some mental block.

With grass just remember there is a difference between dormant and dead. If you have a cool season grass for example it'll actually brown (go dormant) in the hotter months and be greener longer in cooler temperature months. If you have a warm season grass it'll thrive in summer and go dormant in cool weather.

Not sure what kind of Fescue you have, but if it's tall then it'll need more watering until late September when things cool off again to keep it green. If you don't have a lot of shade for the lawn I think Bermuda is probably the choice for reseeding, since it's a warm season grass. But either way probably be best to do any grass seeding in Fall and/or Spring regardless. Not much you'd put out in the heat of summer is going to really get setup and take root well.
Bermuda would just about be the only grass option that could seed if it's being watered consistently in summer.

I'd say it's dormant if it was an already established stand of fescue, but considering he noted the other yards were still mostly green and this picture here it looks scorched and mostly dead, unfortunately. I'm not sure it'll come back in the fall outside of some patches.

At the end of the day @Nash_Vol97 you should have a professional come in person to assess before you do anything/spend money just to make sure.

I mean ultimately the Notre Dame series changed with the ejections of Frank & Drew. I don't even know if they hold on to win game 1 if that doesn't happen.

Not saying those ejections weren't justified. The umpire was awful the entire series I get pitchers have different deliveries and it makes calling "equal" strike zones more challenging but to be that inconsistent at this level just seems intentional...makes playing the role of villain so much easier when you've been drug through the dirt all year by the media and then unequal strike zones by umpires with egos doesn't help things.

But that should be something you as a team are more aware of emotional or not the #1 rule TV has to instill moving forward to his players is "don't curse towards umpires, let me handle that"

Ole Miss making CWS is laughable. They don’t deserve to be there, imho.
First, assuming you're a Liverpool fan, makes you AOK in my book. Second, I have to disagree with you a little bit here. They got into a regional and made the most of their opportunity. They had an easier team in the Supers I think but had a tougher regional for sure.

Reactions: SoilVol
First, assuming you're a Liverpool fan, makes you AOK in my book. Second, I have to disagree with you a little bit here. They got into a regional and made the most of their opportunity. They had an easier team in the Supers I think but had a tougher regional for sure.
Your assumptions are correct, very much a Red! I agree with you they made the most of their opportunity, but if they are crowned the national title, it surely isn’t based on a body of work. These tournaments simply reward who gets hot at the right time of the year. I just don’t believe it is a great measuring stick for determining a champion.

I mean ultimately the Notre Dame series changed with the ejections of Frank & Drew. I don't even know if they hold on to win game 1 if that doesn't happen.

Not saying those ejections weren't justified. The umpire was awful the entire series I get pitchers have different deliveries and it makes calling "equal" strike zones more challenging but to be that inconsistent at this level just seems intentional...makes playing the role of villain so much easier when you've been drug through the dirt all year by the media and then unequal strike zones by umpires with egos doesn't help things.

But that should be something you as a team are more aware of emotional or not the #1 rule TV has to instill moving forward to his players is "don't curse towards umpires, let me handle that"
If I see one more baseball dork bring up "baseball gods" and "karma" again...

So strange to me that everyone is just acknowledging that you have to be on your absolute best behavior and treat the umps like gods if you want favorable calls. You have to come across like golden boys to get preferential treatment from those in charge of the sport. You have to have an agreeable coach to work the politics to get an invite to the party. You better be consistently respectful of all things written and unwritten in this sacred sport, or the baseball gods will manifest failure upon your team. Give me a break.

In a lot of ways, it is an extension of our culture in general, right? Do the right things, say the right things, be the right person, know the right people, pay the dues. But at the same time, it's a game. It's entertainment. Quit taking yourselves so seriously.

So strange to me that everyone is just acknowledging that you have to be on your absolute best behavior and treat the umps like gods if you want favorable calls. You have to come across like golden boys to get preferential treatment from those in charge of the sport. You have to have an agreeable coach to work the politics to get an invite to the party. You better be consistently respectful of all things written and unwritten in this sacred sport, or the baseball gods will manifest failure upon your team. Give me a break.

In a lot of ways, it is an extension of our culture in general, right? Do the right things, say the right things, be the right person, know the right people, pay the dues. But at the same time, it's a game. It's entertainment. Quit taking yourselves so seriously.

What baffles me...is in Basketball where we do JUST THAT it hasn't helped and we've had well document screw jobs (LSU fan calling a late foul on Grant at LSU for example). But yeah suddenly baseball, one of the most well document sports for cheating that exist is a "gentlemen's game" suddenly?

I agree completely that it's just a game, if you're an ump and you can't handle a player saying "that's not a ******* strike" then you shouldn't be behind the plate. They really should have officials trained better at deescalating situations, most the time they seem to make them worse though.

Drew says that and the ump can just legit do nothing. Drew will get over it and continue his at bat.

Who assigns the umps? Surely you're intelligent enough to know the NCAA controls all of it. If you don't think they didn't want the Vols eliminated as soon as they could then keep on believing. They didn't like the vols brashnes. The umps didn't like our brashness. They've been trying to provoke us for two weeks. Keep on believing everything is on the up and up. They need folks like you. Don't question it all. 🤣

But we could’ve still won. Was up 3-1 and runner on first and 7 outs away.

What baffles me...is in Basketball where we do JUST THAT it hasn't helped and we've had well document screw jobs (LSU fan calling a late foul on Grant at LSU for example). But yeah suddenly baseball, one of the most well document sports for cheating that exist is a "gentlemen's game" suddenly?

I agree completely that it's just a game, if you're an ump and you can't handle a player saying "that's not a ******* strike" then you shouldn't be behind the plate. They really should have officials trained better at deescalating situations, most the time they seem to make them worse though.

Drew says that and the ump can just legit do nothing. Drew will get over it and continue his at bat.
If there were such a thing as "sports gods" then Penn State Football, Baylor Football, Michigan State Football, Michigan Football, among so many others, would never win a game again. I'm not even including programs that got caught cheating, some multiple times.

But we can't bring that up. Instead, let's have media members from all walks of broadcasting get their panties in a wad about a player flipping someone/something off. Or how our fans celebrate.

Those same announcers that have been drooling about SWAGGER for the last decade plus.

The only minor problem I really had with being the Villians, and for the record I was firmly in the **** the haters and be the villains group, is that whether conscious bias or not these umps were going to have a bias against UT because of the way they play. Perfect example is the home plate ump in game 2 immediately yelling towards Beck the moment he made it out the box on his home run. We don’t know what he said but most of us could probably agree that he wasn’t saying “hey nice hit!”. He was hoping and praying that Beck was going to do something he could punish him for. I don’t think these umps are set out to try and screw this team over or anything, but they for sure have an unconscious bias towards this team because of the way they play, and that creeps into games and some judgement calls may be made because of the teams reputation.

“BuT tHe BaSeBaLl GoDs aNd KaRmA..”

🦬💩

Ole Miss making CWS is laughable. They don’t deserve to be there, imho.

Baseball is the most random sport. Random teams get hot and an elite team has a bad day. That’s why I wouldn’t let myself get too emotionally invested. The best team never wins (once in last 20 years).

Vitello will win us a title in the next decade. But I bet it’ll be when we aren’t the favorites.

Miss St was the 4th best team in the SEC and the 7th national seed and won the whole thing. Usually the way it goes.

Baseball is the most random sport. Random teams get hot and an elite team has a bad day. That’s why I wouldn’t let myself get too emotionally invested. The best team never wins (once in last 20 years).

Vitello will win us a title in the next decade. But I bet it’ll be when we aren’t the favorites.

Miss St was the 4th best team in the SEC and the 7th national seed and won the whole thing. Usually the way it goes.
College basketball is no different. Could have an undefeated team, have a bad shooting night in tournament and get sent packing over one game.

The only minor problem I really had with being the Villians, and for the record I was firmly in the **** the haters and be the villains group, is that whether conscious bias or not these umps were going to have a bias against UT because of the way they play. Perfect example is the home plate ump in game 2 immediately yelling towards Beck the moment he made it out the box on his home run. We don’t know what he said but most of us could probably agree that he wasn’t saying “hey nice hit!”. He was hoping and praying that Beck was going to do something he could punish him for. I don’t think these umps are set out to try and screw this team over or anything, but they for sure have an unconscious bias towards this team because of the way they play, and that creeps into games and some judgement calls may be made because of the teams reputation.

“BuT tHe BaSeBaLl GoDs aNd KaRmA..”

🦬💩
Absolutely. Very few decisions made about our team, or our path, were limited to decisions made on paper. Things got VERY subjective down the stretch for us.

College basketball is no different. Could have an undefeated team, have a bad shooting night in tournament and get sent packing over one game.

College basketball, IMO, is the hardest sport to win a championship. Baseball is a close 2nd, only because you get a 2nd chance. Basketball requires those 6 perfect games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back