Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone knows Dobbs should have been starting earlier. Butch...smh

Simms was huge for Bray- grant you that.

But football is offense centric now. And developed passers like Nico are made to thrive right away.

Why would you not play him if he's the best option?
I'm curious, if Arch Manning were committed to us, would you want him redshirting??
I think Arch is overrated. Nico is the best QB in this class (Arch at best is #5). That doesn't mean he'll be ready to start game 1. If he gives us the best chance to win week 1, then he should start. You keep saying that football isn't complicated. The basics of the game itself are not, but there's a reason that some guys coach little league ball on Saturdays for free, and others get paid millions to walk college and NFL sidelines. The most talented isn't always the best option at any given time. If that were the case, then Stetson Bennett would be filling water bottles.

Every single time someone makes a negative comment about one of our players….. they go off….Luc Lipcious…. Seth Stephenson( someone said he stinks and then he started carrying us against Norte dame)…. I now look forward to Cortland Lawson winning SEC player of the year next season.
Main reason I say "it's over" for games

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
So Milton couldn't get it done at Michigan...Milton couldn't take over the reigns at UT...But for some reason Milton is gonna relive Hooker if God forbid something happens and will be fine?There's no right or wrong here just opinions but unless Hype turned him into Vick in the last few months we're screwed period.Give me Jackson let's see what he's made of everyone has seen Milton just cause kid throws a deep ball irratict as hell albeit and is 6-5 some think he's still Cam Newton being hidden smh
I mean...who thought Hooker would do what he did last year?

Milton literally had last Summer and Fall camp under Heupel.

I wouldn't sell short what he could do for Milton after 12 additional months. And he doesn't have to be Michael Vick lol. He literally just needs to dial in his long ball to be a strong threat and suitable replacement.

Last edited:
We are much better than Pitt. We were last year too. Losing that game would be a big disappointment.
Idk how it would be a big disappointment when they're coming in on a lot of top 15 lists and it's considered essentially a coinflip game.

They also won the ACC last year. I'd say we were very evenly matched.

That said, I'd take the bet. Think we win by 7-10. Gut feeling they can't be that good 2 years in a row.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Need RBs to step up

Rated a three-star (88 rating) by 247Sports, Williams-Thomas was a four-star prospect in the 247Sports Composite, which ranked him the No. 284 overall player, the No. 24 running back and No. 27 prospect in Georgia for the 2022 class. He was initially committed to West Virginia before his recruitment picked up in the fall during his senior season at East Paulding High School in Dallas, Ga., and turned into an Auburn-Tennessee battle. Williams-Thomas chose the Vols and announced his decision on December Signing Day, then a few days later headed to Tennessee to join his new team for several of its on-campus practices for the Music City Bowl.

“The biggest thing that I see from him is he is a physical player when he understands what’s going on. Everything is moving extremely fast for him right now as a true freshman, but you can see he shows flashes of things that we really want to see. The physicality, the big body, the ability to get those tough 1-2 yards that we always talk about — he has that, when understands what to do. Things are still going quite a bit fast for him right now, but for the most part, I think with more reps, more practice, summer and a fall camp, I think you’re going to see a different player when we get into the season.”

Williams-Thomas is physically and mentally mature for a freshman and impressed his teammates and coaches with some of the things he did in the spring. At 6-foot and 210 pounds, he already looks like an SEC running back, and the amount of muscle on his frame and his low body-fat percentage should help his durability as he steps up a level where the hits come harder and leave more of a mark. Williams-Thomas does have some shiftiness to make defenders miss and some decent speed – he ran 11.4 seconds in the 100 as a junior and his mother was an Olympic sprinter for Jamaica – but it appears his calling card early on might be his physicality and ability to push piles and fall forward for key hidden yardage.

Tennessee’s backfield is neither deep enough nor talented enough for Williams-Thomas to take his time in getting ready to play – the future for him is now. After not adding any backs from the transfer portal, the Vols appear to be going into the season with five scholarship running backs. Jabari Small and Len’Neth Whitehead both have injury histories and summer enrollee Dylan Sampson adds a second freshman to the group, so the reality is Tennessee likely is going to need all of them at some point this fall.

Last edited:
Idk how it would be a big disappointment when they're coming in on a lot of top 15 lists and it's considered essentially a coinflip game.

They also won the ACC last year. I'd say we were very evenly matched.

That said, I'd take the bet. Think we win by 7-10. Gut feeling they can't be that good 2 years in a row.

losing Pickett, Addison, the best TE and the OC along with several veteran OL is a big deal for them

losing Pickett, Addison, the best TE and the OC along with several veteran OL is a big deal for them
Pickett, Addison, the TE and the OC made aaaaa lot happen to beat us. And we gave them every reason to win and they still barely beat us. No way Slovis is as good as Pickett and I don't think he's mobile. We should annihilate them early.

Reactions: #Vol4Life1991
Looks like fescue to me. Watering it religiously (without overwatering) is probably the only way to save it at this point, but that may be a fools errand. If you can find some way to argue the contractor who installed it caused it to die then they will replace it. Try to have them replace it this fall when it cools off. Then it can get roots established over the fall, winter, and spring and may not completely die off next summer.

Or, if you don't care what kind of lawn you have, you can overseed with bermuda and water daily until it establishes. Bermuda is extremely hardy to hot weather and you do virtually nothing but mow it. Practically impossible to kill. Fescue probably looks nicer, takes more work, have to reseed it every so often, will stay green in fall and earlier in spring. Thicker, taller stand than bermuda.

Lawns are stupid money pits. Reject modernity. Kill it all and make your whole yard gardens, trees, and wildflowers lol.
Every time I go to Arizona and see those pebble yards, I wonder why I spend so much money and time maintaining grass.

Skankey refusing to enforce the rule against cheating Nickie the fraud is a firing offense. Then the SEC refused to enforce the rule against Saban even when a member school pointed out the violation.

ATM should have publicly declared that the rule against speaking against a member institution was invalided by Sankey in the case of Alabama and Saban, because the two were in illegal combination to rig the sport, and then just refused to shut up.

They should have gone after bammer with a team of lawyers and AD people and listed every single allegation they knew or had even heard of regarding cheating Nick the fraud, going back to "stolen glory" Saban the cheat's first day at Alabama. And the same with all of the Skankey and the SEC rigging. Add hundreds of new allegations every single day, until thousands of allegations are public.

But everybody goes along because... gravy train.

Speaking of which, I hate how CBS, in the final 3 paragraphs, turns this classic RICO-style rigged SEC-bammer collusion into a TV commercial for... themselves.

Ask me how I really feel about it.

Yeah I'd be interested to see the line since Addison left. They did get a pretty good portal QB though. I just don't see this being a 10+ point spread, "big disappointment" territory at their place, similar to last year.

As did LSU get a nice portal QB. Our luck, as usual. Still think we win that one though, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back