Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
25 rows of mondo grass, then, 25 rows of monkey grass.

Your neighbor will murder you in your sleep. But, you'll have grass until doomdsay.
I say a complete monoculture of nutsedge. Impossible to kill. Gives lawn unique look and color. Cons: you'll have bare ground in winter lol.

And Milton IS ready??

Milton had the job handed to him by Heupel. And couldn't play well enough to ever threaten to take the job back.

Football is not complicated. You play your best players. A true freshman with still developing passing skills in Tayven Jackson gives me more confidence than Milton.
Who cares if he can throw it 90 yards if he can't ever complete a deep ball?

Unaware of the game clock and situation running out of bounds against Ole Miss.

He just simply isn't a P5 QB.
Tell us more coach

What a year it has been for UT sports. I have been a UT fan since watching @InVOLuntary play football with leather helmets from my baby crib. The kind you folded up after the game and put it in your back pocket. But anyway, I can't remember the last time that Football, Basketball and Baseball have been so exciting to watch back to back. I know the team didn't reach its goal to go to CWS but stuff like that happens. We will have it fall our way sometimes and it will fall against us sometimes that's just the it goes in Sport and in life. Now its time to start all over again with what is all of our passion. UT FOOTBALL! Feels so good to be excited about football again! Can't wait to see how our new recruits adjust and the impact they will have on this team. We are about 7 weeks away from Fall camp! GBO!!

Potentially gone either graduated or draft
Graduates: Evan Russell, Luc Lipcius, Redmond Walsh
Seniors: Trey Lipscomb, Camden Sewell, Ethan Smith, Christian Scott
R-Juniors: Ben Joyce, Seth Halvorsen
Juniors: Drew Gilbert, Seth Stephenson, Logan Steenstra, Cortland Lawson, Logan Chambers, Jordan Beck, Ethan Payne, Mark McLaughlin, Kirby Connell, Will Mabrey
R-Sophomore: Jorel Ortega

Returning unless transferring (except Blade)
Sophomores: Chase Dollander, Kyle Booker, Blade Tidwell, Hollis Fanning, Jake Fitzgibbons, Zander Sechrist
R-Freshmen: Ryan Miller, Charlie Taylor, Jared Dickey, Hunter Ensley, Drew Patterson, Austen Jaslove
Freshmen: Christian Moore, Gavin Brasosky, Chase Burns, Blake Burke, Wyatt Evans, Grant Cherry, JD McCracken, Drew Beam, Nathan Smith, Kavares Tears, Kaleb Meredith, Andrew Kribbs

Orange are the names of guys I for sure see leaving and being drafted. We return a lot of arm talent in Dollander, Burns, Beam so I think pitching will be solid still next season, especially if Kirby and Mabrey both come back too. Losing a lot in the infield, hopefully Cortland and Ortega are back otherwise we'll lose everyone in the infield.

Last edited:
Juniors: Drew Gilbert, Seth Stephenson, Logan Steenstra, Cortland Lawson, Logan Chambers, Jordan Beck, Ethan Payne, Mark McLaughlin, Kirby Connell, Will Mabrey

Returning unless transferring
Sophomores: Chase Dollander, Kyle Booker, Blade Tidwell, Hollis Fanning, Jake Fitzgibbons, Zander Sechrist
R-Freshmen: Ryan Miller, Charlie Taylor, Jared Dickey, Hunter Ensley, Drew Patterson, Austen Jaslove
Freshmen: Christian Moore, Gavin Brasosky, Chase Burns, Blake Burke, Wyatt Evans, Grant Cherry, JD McCracken, Drew Beam, Nathan Smith, Kavares Tears, Kaleb Meredith, Andrew Kribbs

Orange are the names of guys I for sure see leaving and being drafted. We return a lot of arm talent in Dollander, Blade, Burns, Beam so I think pitching will be solid still next season, especially if Kirby and Mabrey both come back too. Losing a lot in the infield, hopefully Cortland and Ortega are back otherwise we'll lose everyone in the infield.

Blade’s gone buddy. The way his birthday falls he is eligible for the draft this year. 1st rounder

Returning unless transferring

Orange are the names of guys I for sure see leaving and being drafted. We return a lot of arm talent in Dollander, Blade, Burns, Beam so I think pitching will be solid still next season, especially if Kirby and Mabrey both come back too. Losing a lot in the infield, hopefully Cortland and Ortega are back otherwise we'll lose everyone in the infield.

Blade is draft eligible because of his age. He is gone. Should have Dollander, Burns, Beam, and sounds like Halverson might be back.

Where is everyone getting the idea that Lawson is likely going to the draft? I love the kid but another year with less strikeouts and improved fielding and he could propel up draft boards next year. Dude has serious pop for a shortstop.

Where is everyone getting the idea that Lawson is likely going to the draft? I love the kid but another year with less strikeouts and improved fielding and he could propel up draft boards next year. Dude has serious pop for a shortstop.

Could be because of the incoming SS transfer from Kansas?

Returning unless transferring (except Blade)

Orange are the names of guys I for sure see leaving and being drafted. We return a lot of arm talent in Dollander, Burns, Beam so I think pitching will be solid still next season, especially if Kirby and Mabrey both come back too. Losing a lot in the infield, hopefully Cortland and Ortega are back otherwise we'll lose everyone in the infield.
We have the Kansas transfer coming in at SS, but great summary, thank you.

How is it a choke job when only a single #1 overall seed has won it all? Unfortunately too much emphasis is put on winning the CWS. It appears like many of the top ranked teams won’t even make the CWS and Ole Miss who lucked there way into the tournament to begin with will. The current format is a terrible way to crown a champion, just like March Madness. Albeit, sure they are fun tournaments to watch.

You lose leverage in the draft after your junior year. Not sure if Covid year does anything. But he kind is who he is. I wouldn’t be surprised if we lose our entire infield.

Reactions: SoilVol
Everyone knows Dobbs should have been starting earlier. Butch...smh

Simms was huge for Bray- grant you that.

But football is offense centric now. And developed passers like Nico are made to thrive right away.

Why would you not play him if he's the best option?
I'm curious, if Arch Manning were committed to us, would you want him redshirting??

See you are just assuming Nico is going to walk on campus and immediately be better than anyone we have. That’s conjecture. If he is the absolute best option then by all means play him. But there is no guarantee of that.

Reactions: Orange_Crush
And Milton IS ready??

Milton had the job handed to him by Heupel. And couldn't play well enough to ever threaten to take the job back.

Football is not complicated. You play your best players. A true freshman with still developing passing skills in Tayven Jackson gives me more confidence than Milton.
Who cares if he can throw it 90 yards if he can't ever complete a deep ball?

Unaware of the game clock and situation running out of bounds against Ole Miss.

He just simply isn't a P5 QB.
Agree if Milton sees the field like last year were in trouble.This kid has played a few years now im not sure why ppl think one summer with Heupel has turned him into Mike Vick now.Hey look if the kid has to play I'll gladly support him and hope he does his best but me personally I hope he never sees the field.Jackson supposedly has looked good so if something happens we know what Milton is play Jackson please.

My bad didn't mean to turn this into another Milton vs the world debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back