Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is 100% bias take. And I get that. I ain’t trying to detract from the season. Like I said, record breaking. It was an amazing season. But if you take the orange colored glasses off, this team not making the CWS is a choke job. If you truly feel different. Fair enough. I think we can both agree this won’t be the last noise UT baseball makes under Tony V. Let’s just focus on that. GBO.
Sounds good. Go Big Orange!!

You have to examine the team he's coming into as well. The 2023 team will be quite a bit deeper and more talented than the 2021 team that went 7-6.

Bro, Jake Frohm, Hurtz, Tua*, etc...
For us, Ainge, Shaeffer,
Before that Peyton.
Freshman QBs have been winning with good teams for a while now.
You are mentioning guys who came into loaded teams and didn't start game 1. Ainge and Shaeffer were all we had and Frohm and Manning were due to injury. Even Bray and Dobbs had to start during their true freshmen seasons, but to win the job in fall camp, start game 1 and dominate is something all together different.

There’s no need getting upset about Kanell et al. We leaned into playing heel of college baseball and we did it as well as any team ever has. Of course most of college baseball media is going to revel in our exit. There’s really only one way to become that hated in sports: excel. Just gotta take the lumps and pity them that we’ll be back next year.
Never heard of her.

Reactions: drvenner
Man....you and me both know that ain't happening lol.

Also, freshman QBs have been starting in the SEC regularly for over 20 years now.
Nico needs to add some good weight. He'll be ready. And by far be our best option.
Tayven Jackson will redshirt, and become a better QB competing with Nico everyday.

Bama could redshirt Bryce Young because they had a 1st rnd draft pick in Matt Jones who has already played good football coming in for Tua.

We have to play Nico. And if he gets hurt, we have to play Tayven.
I'm one that hasn't given up on Milton. Especially, considering the fact that we may need that man at some point this season. Jackson is far from ready.

Guy asked how Lane was doing given that he desperately wanted to be a Vol deep down and how Knox was doing and Lane said, "We're doing great. Watching the Rebels go to Omaha. What are you all doing in Knoxville?"
Nobody asked that. That is definitely one of the dirtbag's fake accounts. He is responding to himself.

Reactions: OrangeShade
As I am lying here, I can’t help but think how awesome the last two baseball seasons have been. These teams have reignited the fire in VN. We again expect to win. Along with basketball, it’s starting to feel right again.

I have always felt that the Vols would find their way again. Had no clue that it would take over a decade to get back to where we belong.

I have always bragged about being a Volunteer. This baseball team especially put the swagger back in my step.

Damn proud of everything that this team accomplished this year. Our future is so bright.

Look at mens basketball, baseball and now feel the momentum in football as well.

I say It’s Great To Be A Tennessee Volunteer!

🤠

Last edited:
Everyone was waiting for the Vols baseball team to fall.

They wanted them to fail.

The only way to show that the UT way worked was to win. Otherwise the haters would have the fuel needed.

I hate that they got the fuel needed.

They are loving these salty volunTears
I don't think anyone in the country who actually follows the sport would deny we had the best team.

And I don't think anyone wondered if the brash, **** talking way "worked". No one thinks flipping a bat is gonna cause you to miss a throw to first. People wanted UT to fail because people want the brash, **** talker to fail in every sport.

Any time the villain loses people are gonna call it karma. Comes with the territory. The people taking a victory lap are people who 1) like to see an unstoppable villain lose, 2) people who like to get a rise out of VolTwitter.

Personally, I don't think I would have cared nearly as much if they were really good and not highly entertaining. So I appreciate that. On to football.

That is kind of a drive for me, since I am in middle Tennessee. How about you just trip and fall on a football helmet and we consider our business finalized?
I get it. You're scared.

Tell you what, I'll forgive you, this time.

As I am lying here, I can’t help but think how awesome the last two baseball seasons have been. These teams have reignited the fire in VN. We again expect to win. Along with basketball, it’s starting to feel right again.

I have always felt that the Vols would find their way again. Had no clue that it would take over a decade to get back to where we belong.

I have always bragged about being a Volunteer. This baseball team especially put the swagger back in my step.

Damn proud of everything that this team accomplished this year. Our future is so bright.

Look at mens basketball, baseball and now feel the momentum in football as well.

I say It’s Great To Be A Tennessee Volunteers!

🤠
A bit disappointed. I thought you were going to wax poetically on how awesome I am, but it was baseball. That's been pretty great, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back