Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
My great grandmother is there in spirit. You'd rather wrastle a bear than deal with a Hangry Great Grandmother Crevol.

She had her choice of any restaurant in Greater Orlando. And it was always Denny's. 2nd Generation German Immigrant hailing from Coal Fields of depression era Coeburn.

Tougher than a ten penny nail.
Was she hot like Betty White?

Reactions: hooter vol
zAJ1iU.gif

Good grief dude

What? The way they loss today was a choke job 101. Control most of the game and let it slip from them towards the end in a distatrious way. It is what it is. Was a hell of a season and I'll never forget it. Fun all the way through and still champions of the SEC x2.

Reactions: jakez4ut
Being really good in HS is one thing. Coming to the SEC and being really good is another. I just don’t think he will start immediately and I honestly hope he redshirts.
Some see how these top prospects dominate high school competition and expect it to translate immediately. The jump to Power 5 football is vast and unrealistic for a true freshman QB to come in and dominate. If he has to start right away, we're probably looking at a 7 win season at best.

Reactions: Orange_Crush
My sister invited her son’s family and mine over for dinner tonight.

I almost lost it when I see her making the pear salad (leaf of lettuce, canned pear half with a dollop of “salad dressing”). I had previously never seen anyone in my family make one of those or I blocked the memory out.
At least she didn’t use mayonnaise 😂

I’m wondering if Nico redshirting is even possible given the hype and all. Possibly best for everyone unless he is really “all that” and genuinely READY.

ooof, this post.

A choke job is when a clear favorite loses in an epic fashion. Dude let’s not have double standards. We all called Arkansas losing in the Supers a choke job too. This is an even bigger one because this team is even better than that Arkansas team from last year. It is what it is. Face reality and move on. Hell of a season, awesome. Champions of the SEC. Record breaking. But it ended in a choke job. It’s okay. Happens to a lot of people. This team and culture will bounce back. No one expected anything of us this year and look how dominant we were.

We will have plenty of cracks at a natty as long as Tony V is here.

Reactions: Orange Studs
He might, but that's not the best case scenario for our football team. Best case is that Milton finally lives up to his vast potential and Nico gets to redshirt.

Man....you and me both know that ain't happening lol.

Also, freshman QBs have been starting in the SEC regularly for over 20 years now.
Nico needs to add some good weight. He'll be ready. And by far be our best option.
Tayven Jackson will redshirt, and become a better QB competing with Nico everyday.

Bama could redshirt Bryce Young because they had a 1st rnd draft pick in Matt Jones who has already played good football coming in for Tua.

We have to play Nico. And if he gets hurt, we have to play Tayven.

A choke job is when a clear favorite loses in an epic fashion. Dude let’s not have double standards. We all called Arkansas losing in the Supers a choke job too. This is an even bigger one because this team is even better than that Arkansas team from last year. It is what it is. Face reality and move on. Hell of a season, awesome. Champions of the SEC. Record breaking. But it ended in a choke job. It’s okay. Happens to a lot of people. This team and culture will bounce back. No one expected anything of us this year and look how dominant we were.

We will have plenty of cracks at a natty as long as Tony V is here.
Baseball being what it is leads me to this was not a choke job at all. Calling it that detracts greatly from this great season.

Some see how these top prospects dominate high school competition and expect it to translate immediately. The jump to Power 5 football is vast and unrealistic for a true freshman QB to come in and dominate. If he has to start right away, we're probably looking at a 7 win season at best.

You have to examine the team he's coming into as well. The 2023 team will be quite a bit deeper and more talented than the 2021 team that went 7-6.

Bro, Jake Frohm, Hurtz, Tua*, etc...
For us, Ainge, Shaeffer,
Before that Peyton.
Freshman QBs have been winning with good teams for a while now.

Baseball being what it is leads me to this was not a choke job at all. Calling it that detracts greatly from this great season.

I think this is 100% bias take. And I get that. I ain’t trying to detract from the season. Like I said, record breaking. It was an amazing season. But if you take the orange colored glasses off, this team not making the CWS is a choke job. If you truly feel different. Fair enough. I think we can both agree this won’t be the last noise UT baseball makes under Tony V. Let’s just focus on that. GBO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back