Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kings is also good. Not a fan of their Ryeconic though but their black label is a great sipping whiskey. I tend to like whiskey’s/bourbon’s that have a honey or molasses texture to them.

Not happening. We lost too much in the off-season. There’s no addition by subtraction despite what was said this spring/summer. We need more dudes.

IT may not happen? So what? But to act like there's zero chance is dumb. People that predict likely outcomes in a negative way just to be right are lame. Lighten up a little

Tested positive on Friday and just lost my taste last night. When did everyone else get theirs back? I already miss food.
I got it back in January. Taste never left me completely but it came back in a week or 2. Smell on the other hand has taken months and it's still not completely right. But I do feel it's slowly but surely getting there.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Have to play the game our lives to have a chance. UF just played neck to neck with the "far and away" best team in the country with the GOAT HC. Bodes just so poorly for us.

But crazier things have happened. I'll be placing bets with Vegas by Friday night and texting my UF buddy how they're about to get embarrassed by Saturday night 😄

Don't get me wrong, FL is good, very good... But I never judge anything by Bama. Butch Jones and Pruitt both came closer than I ever imagined.
I think one of the few weaknesses of the crimson mini NFL team, is overconfidence. Especially if they punch an opponent in the mouth to start the game. They start thinking they can just phone it in and it's usually late 4th before they realize even with the refs, the 50 pounds of muscle mass they added in the 6 weeks after arriving and under the magical elf, they still have to play the game.

Have to play the game our lives to have a chance. UF just played neck to neck with the "far and away" best team in the country with the GOAT HC. Bodes just so poorly for us.

But crazier things have happened. I'll be placing bets with Vegas by Friday night and texting my UF buddy how they're about to get embarrassed by Saturday night 😄

My biggest concern was Florida would get destroyed by Alabama and come out angry, focused, and ready for us. I actually think last week's game sets them up perfectly for a let down game.

I'm not expecting a UT win but I think we may hang around for a while.

It’s funny, last couple weeks I’ve gotten down to checking in on this thread once every 2 or 3 days, just going to the last page, and each time it doesn’t seem like I’ve skipped a page at all.

Swap out the names of the QBs and the coaches and it's been like this for about 12 years.

Reactions: mrmax86
I didn't lose my sense of taste or smell. I ran a high fever, couldn't keep food down, and developed pneumonia. Plus I had no strength whatsoever.

A few of our friends and family went through what you did. A BIL had exactly what you described.

My stamina was shot for several months. Could still get around and do things, but not for long periods. Took a lot of naps, which I never did prior to that.

Just bought my boss something called Angel's Envy Rye as a retirement gift. Hope he likes it, wasn't cheap.

I'm more of a Miles Davis Bitches Brew or Sexual Chocolate beer type guy. Maybe a Vadim Bora Imperial Stout.

Angel's Envy is one of the biggest surprises I have found in whiskey. I fully expected it to be all hype, but it is an excellent drinker in a rocks glass over an ice ball. They age it in new oak barrels at first so they can call it bourbon, but finish it in old wine casks, adding some unique flavors.
I haven't tried their rye. Rye whiskey is hit or miss for me. Some are great but others just have too much anise flavor. Almost like eating black licorice.

As a longtime Vol fan and student of our history, a couple of points inform my outlook on the game for Saturday:

1. The Gators always beat the Vols. When we are good, they are better, and when they are bad, we are worse. It wasn't always this way, and it may not always be this way, but that's the way it has been since Urban Meyer arrived.
  2. College football is a game of emotions and rivalries, and there is no way that Florida is going to be as pumped up to play us as they were against Bama. It is simply too hard to do in consecutive weeks. Think of how we played them off their feet in 2015 only to come up short in tragic fashion, and then came out dead against a lesser Arkansas team the next week.
  3. Never read too much into the "moral victory" or "heroic loss." Every season some team rises up and plays great against a heavy favorite, and people think that the team who lost is at the same level as the team that barely won. It's rarely true. See, e.g., our games against Bama in 2009 and 2015.
  4. As a consequence of point 1, neither the team nor the Florida fans nor the team will take us seriously, and the crowd will have a hard time getting up for this game. Dan Mullen is already trying to fight this effect: To Pack Swamp again, UF's Mullen ready to resort to song and dance The freshman class at UF was likely born in the last year we beat them in Gainesville, and has only seem them lose to us once in their memory. Sadly, there is no regular opponent we can say that about for our freshman class, but the basic analogy is to the way we considered Kentucky or Vandy back in the 90's or 00's. This is sad for the state of our program, but works in our favor this game. I just really wish this was a noon start instead of a night game.
  5. The Veer and Shoot Briles offense that we run has had some success against Todd Grantham's defense, see the Ole Miss - UF game from last year.
  6. The Florida offense is a very one-dimensional run-based offense, and we have been very strong against the run so far this season, although we haven't really faced a running QB threat like UF has. Pickett at Pitt was great at escaping pressure and throwing after he bought time, but I'm not sure Jones and Richardson will be so good at doing that. The question is whether we can contain them from making first downs with their legs. I suspect Mullen will work the middle of the field in a quick, short passing game the way that he did against Bama, we just have to get stops in the red zone.
  7. All of these factors point to a Florida team that comes out flat, we get a couple of quick scores in the first quarter, and it's game on. I think we are in this game going into the fourth quarter.
  8. See point 1. None of the other points matters on the final outcome. We're going to lose. But it will be one of those losses where do it in heartbreaking, woulda, coulda, shoulda fashion. So there's that.

Angel's Envy is one of the biggest surprises I have found in whiskey. I fully expected it to be all hype, but it is an excellent drinker in a rocks glass over an ice ball. They age it in new oak barrels at first so they can call it bourbon, but finish it in old wine casks, adding some unique flavors.
I haven't tried their rye. Rye whiskey is hit or miss for me. Some are great but others just have too much anise flavor. Almost like eating black licorice.
only Rye ive ever had was at distillery in downtown Kport. owner is a former Fireman. so felt obliged, wasnt bad. just not a whiskey person. more Vodka, surprisingly. Ketel or even Svedka are decent.

Used to know some Bulgarians, who got me into sipping a good Vodka. This will play well with the Commie crowd.

@Weezer strikes me as a Moscow Mule guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back