Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you honestly believe that I did not do that on purpose? Yeah, you probably do. Carry on. I won't even imply you're full of bologna.
😁, yes I did and saw my spelling error after I posted, but I thought ‘what the he!!’, I’m going with it to see if the fish were biting. They are.

One of my very best friends in ROTC at UT started at A & M. He was a really good dude, so I have always kind of liked A & M also. Jimbo is making me not like them as much, but they are an interesting fanbase for sure.

My wife and multiple friends are Aggies. I definitely root for them. They despise the longhorns and now have added bama and ole miss to their list. They are typically diehard fans so we get along well.
If they do get mouthy, like about our last decade+ of football woes, I shut them up quickly with our last NC and SEC championships and slyly ask when they won. (Never to either) 🤠

Gotta keep the texans knowledgeable about the land of their saviors. 🤠

Just throwing this out there…what would y’all think if Tony swapped Russell and Becks batting spot hoping that would fire beck up before the sec tournament and get him going into Omaha?…ive been pondering on this for a minute and looking at his batting average as it stands I think it would be a good coaching move🤔 and since when has beam had a 8.53 ERA😅

View attachment 457104
ERA is a funny animal------the formula for calculating ERA is earned runs given up times 9 divided by the number of innings pitched. A good example is if you give up 5 earned runs in 3 innings you're screwed. 5 times 9 divided by 3 is an ERA of 15. To me, it doesn't mean sh*t

Hey, was that Kiff post (blowing Saban) real? And did he post it after Skankey ordered no further comments form coaches?

Also, doesn't that Ruiz guy, the Miami donor, appear to be correct that Saban violated all sorts of NCAA rules in his rant by claiming that he and we (bammer) talk to players about NIL deals, etc.? Or am I missing something?

Not a bad rule. But, there are exceptions. For example, I love me a baloney, tomato and MUSTARD sandwich.

iu

ERA is a funny animal------the formula for calculating ERA is earned runs given up times 9 divided by the number of innings pitched. A good example is if you give up 5 earned runs in 3 innings you're screwed. 5 times 9 divided by 3 is an ERA of 15. To me, it doesn't mean sh*t
ERA is a good representation of how someone performs over the long haul…. Not as good for individual games although 5 runs in 3 innings does suck….. I prefer WHIP to judge how good a pitcher performs compared to ERA.

Vince Ferrara mentioned we lose 8 to the draft, may be a reloading year.
I read somewhere that we have as many as 15 legimitate MLB prospects on our current roster and more are on the way. I trust Tony to keep us at the top but it's gonna be hard to repeat the season we just had.

16 Oz light olive oil
3/4 tsp of salt
1 tsp mustard
1tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 eggs

Add eggs,salt,vinegar,and mustard to high speed blender. Slowly and I mean slowly add the olive oil while on the highest speed. Stop and scrape down sides. Blend for a couple more minutes.

Best homemade mayonnaise .

Not @nicksjuzunk approved.

Last edited:
This is kind of a random thought but I truly believe - and this isn’t just homerism speaking - that we’re on the eve of a very fun, exciting, and successful era in Vols football.

I think Oregon under Kelly is our floor. That’s our floor.

I think we’re gonna be the “it” team. Kids are gonna want to play here. Heupel and Danny White were exactly what we needed.

Couple that with Sabans pending retirement, the new pod system likely removing playing the big 3 every year, and NIL…. And I love our future.
So you are saying the meteor strike is imminent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back