Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have autoplay on, it will start vids that you really don't watch...so when you look at your history there will be tons of stuff that you didn't actually watch, and for that reason sometimes it will show a vid that you didn't watch as being the last one that you watched.
Sometimes I'll turn some videos on for my kids and walk away. I've come back in to some really weird videos. I don't know how some of these make it on YT, or are allowed to stay. They are almost always direct knockoffs of Disney or other popular videos on YT. They are clearly made to get looped into playlists our outsmart the algos so they run up views and can sell ads. Some of them are downright creepy. I've had to go in and configure the settings to stop them from popping up.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
It's the truth...the idiots just think people that actually believe in freedom are going to just roll over and take this 💩. When it comes down to it...bad things are going to happen...period.

I don't care if you like what I said or not. I am not threatening anybody, I am not a violent person, and I want to be left alone...but there will be a line that gets crossed that will be one too many.
Has little to do with what I like or don't like, and little to do with truth. There are many things that people like that can remain unsaid, many that they don't like that need to be said, and lots of truths that for the most part can remain unsaid. It has to do with effectiveness and practicality.

A few "truths" for you. If the Federal gov't feels like it has the national sentiment to pass more and more restrictive gun control laws, they will. If they get the laws, they can and likely will come for your guns. You can shoot the first officer through the door and die a martyr. There. You got your wish.

Or we can all be smart in how we portray ourselves, respond to mindless rhetoric with rational responses that are well read and learned of the principles at stake. We could restrain ourselves from immediately answering with rhetoric about killing people. We could go a long way to fight the stupid, caricature stereotypes being spread, that gun owners are half-cocked, unhinged wackos that are driven by irrational fear.

It's better to not have them try to come for your guns than to be forced into a response of what to do when/if they try. The gun-grabbers are very practiced in narrative. They shouldn't be the only ones. "Let's kill the sunsabitches" isn't necessarily the first foot to put forward in the public dialog, friend.

Reactions: jave36
If you have autoplay on, it will start vids that you really don't watch...so when you look at your history there will be tons of stuff that you didn't actually watch, and for that reason sometimes it will show a vid that you didn't watch as being the last one that you watched.
Uh huh sure 😏

"I swear honey, I never watched any videos on hopenis and especially not waffle stomping! I, uhhh, don't even know what those are, I swear!"

Love Bru McCoy getting open, making big plays and seeking contact against Oregon and Utah out there. USC got every bit of ferocity out of Oregon and Utah in the Pac12.

In a system that is designed for him to get open anyway, or terrorize DBs in 1-on-1 situations, I think he can a consistent lock to pick up 7-15 yards in must-advance situations.

As an aside, maybe we onside it more???

Mike Griffiths wrote an article on DawgNation (that I will not link here so he does not get clicks) saying that Georgia baseball is poised for a deep postseason run after "toppling" #1 Tennessee.

In other news, Vanderbilt may be poised for a college football playoff run after winning the 4th quarter 3-0 against #1 Alabama. They did lose the game 72-3 though.

On another note…..Florida reporting they are poised to make a deep postseason run if they had held UT scoreless in their three games.

cd54f4e5d31fee7a37528e79fc2f1def.jpg

One of my all time favorites. Here while back, kind of the same conversation was going on in here, posting classic pics...I posted this one. Great minds!
View attachment 455757
The state of TN surely got lighter during that moment, as over half the state was jumping off the ground when that catch happened.

The state of TN surely got lighter during that moment, as over half the state was jumping off the ground when that catch happened.
As a Vol fan, there's really never been a happier moment, truly. I absolutely can remember exactly how I felt whenever it happened. Peerless was out of his mind that night.

Visiting the historic Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island with my daughters home from college. This morning we biked the 8 mile Lake Loop. (Cars are not allowed on island). Was one of the items on my list before I leave Michigan this fall. What a beautiful place that I would have never thought of visiting before moving up here. DAF9A190-A123-4353-BB4B-CFA02ADB1C23.jpeg642E0E00-CE9B-43A4-9CB1-CE22DF2CE4F5.jpeg

Y'all remember the speed buzz about Hyatt? I honestly forgot. If he can improve his hands and focus, I think he'll be the star that we already have on the roster. He admitted himself that he was too focused on everything BUT football last year around this time - getting on magazines, doing interviews, etc etc. If he's as plugged in as he says he is, we might already have our secret weapon that we were all early on for a breakout expectation.

He had a couple of weird games to start last season and it threw off his whole year.

Just thinking about losing out on G5 WRs Neyor and Robinson in the transfer portal. If we picked up Jalin Hyatt in the portal right now we'd be ecstatic.

In one of the early games Rocket Arm Milton tried his best to over throw a deep pass to Hyatt. However, Hyatt turned on the after burners, made a diving catch. Unfortunately he couldn’t hang on to the ball. Upon landing it appeared to hurt him. I noted he wasn’t the same all year. Anyone else remember that.

Interesting, I also noted that I don’t think anyone else on the team could have ran that down to even have an attempt to touch the ball. I believe anyone else would not have even tried because it was overthrown so bad, like many of Milton’s passes.

Anyone used Lorex security cameras? Mom's ordered some and the limited reviews I've looked at seem favorable.

It is a wired system and has its own storage device so I'm pretty sure it'll be a solid system for her.
I have 8 of them for my house and shop. I think they are great for the price. They work even better when your internet can support HD recording. The image in pretty amazing in HD and you can zoom in to see most every detail. I can also listen in to conversations as people walk by. Kind of funny what people are discussing at times when they don’t know you are listening

As a Vol fan, there's really never been a happier moment, truly. I absolutely can remember exactly how I felt whenever it happened. Peerless was out of his mind that night.

Big time memory of that championship game. Watching it with the family. I know me and Dad high fived dozens of times during that one, jumping out of our seats and hollering after ever big play.

After studying and comparing the grades from Pro Football Focus I’ve concluded that, if kept in perspective, they can be relatively informative. jmo.

I suppose if 10 different analysts graded a particular player over the course of a season we’d end up with 10 different grades but I would think that the grades should all be in the same general vicinity. jmo.

My reference was comparing Hooker’s ESPN QBR to his PFF grade on a game-by-game basis. Both are on a 0-100 scale and by and large they are close enough. There is an occasional outlier but it’s not bad. jmo.

PFF groups their grades into 5 different buckets, Elite, All-Conference, Starter, Backup, and Replaceable.

I looked at our season grades for players who played a minimum of 100 snaps and grouped the players into the buckets (grades were posted by RTI). I did round the grades but I think this is a pretty accurate reflection of what we had for a team last year. jmo.

I had heard several years ago that a team is really defined by its top 40 players. Last year on offense we had 21 guys play a minimum of 100 snaps and 22 guys on defense play a minimum of 100 snaps.

I’m not sure why Carvin’s grade was so low but I figure it mostly had to do with him playing a lot of snaps out of position. jmo.

Our worst position group last year according to PFF was the linebackers and of course, McCollough. With Mitchell back healthy and with a good attitude, with Banks maybe a little bit under more self-control, and with more depth at Safety, we should see at least some improvement with those positions. jmo.

Hyatt and Keyton, according to PFF didn’t have good seasons but both got a bit of buzz in the spring. Hyatt in particular seemed to have really stepped up this off-season. jmo.

Bru McCoy graded out as a high backup/borderline starter at USC in 2020 playing behind 3 future NFL receivers (all veterans) on 210 snaps and was designated preseason 2nd team all-conference by PFF heading into the 2021 season. I think he may be a major addition to our offense. jmo.

Here is where we ended up on the year for the 2021 season. We had a lot of "backups" playing a ton of snaps and while that was of necessity last year due to the attrition we had and a lack of numbers that may really pay off for us this year as "backups" would be generally expected to develop into starters. jmo.

View attachment 455686
Ouch at Banks. I think he’s okay. We need him to make a major jump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back