Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate all this technical garbage...and Tony Gwynn would still be one of the best hitters in baseball. People still have to get on base and not everybidy is a power hitter. Some kids need to learn how to slap line drives all over the field because they are never going to be power hitters.

"Hit em where they ain't"
You don’t have to hit the ball out of the park to drive the ball….. Tony Gwynn would make it bc he is the greatest slap hitter of all time….. There is a reason that slap hitters are not around very much at all anymore…. There are virtually no hit and runs…. Players are taught to never hit it on the ground.

The reason why I was excited about TV being hired…. He believed in all that “technical” garbage….. That’s a big part of the reason why we have hit so well…. Every program that TV has been involved in has crushed the ball out of the park…. Same thing with pitching…. Speed with maximum rotations that you throw for strikes and dare the other team to hit it…..This team will never be a finesse paint e corners type of team. It’s also why Dave Serrano failed…. He played that old school small ball which didn’t work anymore…. The game had passed him by…. No different than Phil still trying to do what worked in 1990….. you either keep growing or you get left behind.

Last edited:
Thank you, Sir. Much appreciated. It is the route I will take. Mine is on my nose. It could use a little extra "character" anyway :)
I had a melanoma more than 10 years ago (I think that makes me a survivor). I get the head to toe check every year now (!), but no recurrence. My scar went away 90%. Best wishes to you.

Edit: Doc said, "That is the most perfect example I have ever seen. Mind if I bring my students in to see it?" I said, "Anything for science, doc. Glad to be of service." She laughed.

You'll be fine. Heart goes out to you and your better half in the meantime.

Last edited:
Hey, Morans. My basal carcinoma biopsy came back with still present cancer cells. My doctor is recommending Mohs surgery or possibly radiation. I am already leaning towards the Mohs, but wanted to know if anyone had advice before I make my final decision. @VolsDoc81TX

Thank you.
Praying for you.

Location? Per PostDoc in Entomology at VT, they appear to be the nymphs of Florida predatory stink bugs.
Btw, @Pridedad these would be considered a "beneficial" insect. They'll eat japanese beetles, probably other pest stinkbugs, and any number of other insect pests in gardens and around homes.

Not recommended to handle. They bite.

its-too-much-seinfeld-kramer.gif
What's worse...iron covers or one of those extendable ball retrievers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back