Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, Morans. My basal carcinoma biopsy came back with still present cancer cells. My doctor is recommending Mohs surgery or possibly radiation. I am already leaning towards the Mohs, but wanted to know if anyone had advice before I make my final decision. @VolsDoc81TX

Thank you.

I had the MOHs surgery on my chin. During the surgery, the surgeon was also teaching a "fellow" and explaining as he went; very interesting. Anyway, the first attempt did not get margins so he had another go at it. Second attempt was clear margins. He also discussed the internal stiches and external stitches etc. Result, it was 5 years ago and you can't see the "scar". There isn't one. Highly recommend MOHs.

My only question is, how rich does a man need to be in order to get that high quality top shelf beaver tranquilizer?
knew a guy (in that he approached me), as i dont like people.

he offered deca. which i said hell no too. told me knocked a door down in a fight with his girlfriend. id prob go with beaver juice

Reactions: orangejuice
The NCAA is going to back it's big dogs because they are worried about losing their grip, i.e. Saban and Smart. They had a stranglehold on the conference and now they are legit worried so they get their attack dogs on those that are a step ahead of them. They enjoy the model of paying under the table because they were so successful with it and we had their cronies watching every minute over us. They had a team where everyone had a new car years ago and no one batted and eye. Screw the NCAA.
Bingo

I think classic rock is the very best genre of music. I think Come Sail Away may be the very worst song of the genre. Nails on the chalkboard for me.
I get it. I was a huge Styx fan growing up. My first LP was Styx - The Grand Illusion. I love Styx, but cannot stand Mr. Roboto. That might be the most stupid song of all time.

I had the MOHs surgery on my chin. During the surgery, the surgeon was also teaching a "fellow" and explaining as he went; very interesting. Anyway, the first attempt did not get margins so he had another go at it. Second attempt was clear margins. He also discussed the internal stiches and external stitches etc. Result, it was 5 years ago and you can't see the "scar". There isn't one. Highly recommend MOHs.
Thank you, Sir. Much appreciated. It is the route I will take. Mine is on my nose. It could use a little extra "character" anyway :)

OK, I admit it. I want controls in the NCAA including sanctioning donors. The last thing I want to see is College Football and Basketball basically being Pro sports. In some ways, the NCAA ruling committee though did this to itself. Players should have always been compensated to some degree. Now, whether we trust the NCAA to govern responsibly and even handedly is a whole other conversation.

OK, I admit it. I want controls in the NCAA including sanctioning donors. The last thing I want to see is College Football and Basketball basically being Pro sports. In some ways, the NCAA ruling committee though did this to itself. Players should have always been compensated to some degree. Now, whether we trust the NCAA to govern responsibly and even handedly is a whole other conversation.

Why? It's a multi-billion dollar industry paying pretty much everyone but the athletes who give their time and damage their bodies for our entertainment. You'd want to take their personal liberties and the fruit of the fame that this system creates because of some personal, outdated ideal that isn't even accomplishable in our modern times? NCAA football isn't what it was when the amateurism ideal was applied to it. Then, it was basically an intramural competitive hobby--(and they still brought in paid ringers).

If you want the amateur ideal for NCAA football, you have access to it. Pick a small college in an intramural league. Follow that college's team.

But you won't. Because the product of the truly amateur ideal is so inferior. What folks actually want is all of the personal benefit of a professionally funded and broadcast sport, while claiming the 'amateur" status for the ones who really sacrifice to make it what it is. It's pretty much selfishness personified.

He is 11…. I’m at work so I will check out the video a a little later when I’m able…..He is already a decent hitter…. Bats third on his travel ball team and is the best hitter on his little league team…. The biggest issue I have seen with coaches/trainers is that so many of them teach swinging down at the ball or swinging level…… yes you do swing down and then through the zone but a kid typically just pounds it straight into the ground….. My son’s issue is that he tries to swing level….. a pitch is traveling downward at an angle….. My son drops his hands to try to swing level at the pitch and if the pitcher is a fast pitcher he swings underneath it every single time.

I don’t teach launch angle bc I feel that teaches young kids to swing up at the ball…. I don’t even feel that launch angle is a real thing…. I just feel that people use it describe the proper bat path to move in and through the zone to barrel up the baseball… I have figured out how to increase my sons bat speed and it’s looking really good…. In the cage with tee work and soft toss…. He is absolutely smoking the baseball… When I switch over to pitching to him…. He goes back to the bad habit of dropping his hands.

The snap it back launch angle freaks have ruin a lot of kids. Look up video especially from Tony Gwynn. That’s how you swing. Also, Chipper and Freddie. Don’t make him an Aaron Judge. He can pull it off but very few can.

Why? It's a multi-billion dollar industry paying pretty much everyone but the athletes who give their time and damage their bodies for our entertainment. You'd want to take their personal liberties and the fruit of the fame that this system creates because of some personal, outdated ideal that isn't even accomplishable in our modern times? NCAA football isn't what it was when the amateurism ideal was applied to it. Then, it was basically an intramural competitive hobby--(and they still brought in paid ringers).

If you want the amateur ideal for NCAA football, you have access to it. Pick a small college in an intramural league. Follow that college's team.

But you won't. Because the product of the truly amateur ideal is so inferior. What folks actually want is all of the personal benefit of a professionally funded and broadcast sport, while claiming the 'amateur" status for the ones who really sacrifice to make it what it is. It's pretty much selfishness personified.

You partly answered why. Yes, I want it to be more on the amateur level. Otherwise, let's just have the players go straight to the pros. Perhaps develop a 'feeder league' (yes, they're trying) and skip the whole college thing. Not to mention that this will only exacerbate the 'haves and have nots'. A few well funded schools (Texas) will destroy most other programs. Long story short. If I want to watch a bunch of well paid athletes going against each other, I'll watch the NFL or NBA. The one and done thing in the NCAA is already a joke.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
You partly answered why. Yes, I want it to be more on the amateur level. Otherwise, let's just have the players go straight to the pros. Perhaps develop a 'feeder league' (yes, they're trying) and skip the whole college thing. Not to mention that this will only exacerbate the 'haves and have nots'. A few well funded schools (Texas) will destroy most other programs. Long story short. If I want to watch a bunch of well paid athletes going against each other, I'll watch the NFL or NBA. The one and done thing in the NCAA is already a joke.
Players has ALWAYS gotten paid, it's never really been "amateur" in the modern age...

As I mentioned, you have every opportunity to follow true amateurism in college football via intramural leagues. But as mentioned, you won't. You want to keep the money out of the pockets of the players in a multi-billion dollar NCAA industry. You to eat and keep the cake at someone else's expense. Yet you're not giving any reasons except "what I want".

It's selfishness without an ethical framework undergirding it.

And for the record, you are free to watch the NFL, the NBA, the NCAA, or intramural football. You're free to not watch any or all of the above. That's a wonderful thing about personal freedoms. And I'm of the opinion someone would need a pretty big reason to rob you of those personal freedoms (including the freedom to benefit from your own work, name, image and likeness).

Man...that guy opted out of the COVID year after transferring to Georgia then just bounced. He managed to get on with the Eagles but got cut, appears to be playing in Canada.

He appeared in a total of 19 games in his college career of 4 years (counting the opt-out year at Georgia). No clue why he thought he'd proved enough to get drafted or make the NFL but he did.

But hey, he was a leading heisman candidate the moment he transferred to UGA!

You’ve been watching well paid athletes going against each other for years anyways, in college.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back