Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm physics dude and a downward path to the ball does not result in a ground ball if the swing is on time. If you are on time you will hit a line drive. Hit the top of the ball= ground ball, bottom of the ball = fly ball, middle of the ball=line drive.
We were discussing young kids….. that verbiage ends up with kids chopping down on the ball and pounding it into the ground…. I don’t think swinging down is the OTR primal swing….. I don’t want ground balls, fly balls, or even line drives like you are describing…. The most optimal swing is with the correct bath path that lines up with trajectory of the pitch to complete barrel up the baseball to be able to drive it consistently..

The snap it back launch angle freaks have ruin a lot of kids. Look up video especially from Tony Gwynn. That’s how you swing. Also, Chipper and Freddie. Don’t make him an Aaron Judge. He can pull it off but very few can.
I don’t agree with everything the guy you are referring too teaches but I try to teach what chipper and Freddie do with their swing…. They are very similar to judges with the stretched load one leg weight transfer and the bat path I am describing… the overwhelming majority have those characteristics the same…. I don’t want to swing like Tony Gwynn did even though he was a great player in is era.

Holy Crap!!!

You got b!tch mittens on your irons............That's a no go!:(
One of my good friends is a scratch golfer in his 60s that played college golf and he uses iron covers because he hates having his irons smacking against each other making a lot of noise when using a cart. They don't slow his pace of play down, which would be the only reason to give him grief about them. I've got a lot invested in my Mizunos after swapping out the shafts to MMT 105tx, so I might start using some "b!tch mittens" just to get a little more life out of them. If you can play, then nobody should care.

Thanks I think 😂

I love it. I’m active in the Premier League and World Soccer thread in the Sports Leagues forum, but there are people here that like Soccer but don’t post over there, so I like that we can chat about it here in the catch all thread.
😂 wasn't being sarcastic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nash_Vol97
One of my good friends is a scratch golfer in his 60s that played college golf and he uses iron covers because he hates having his irons smacking against each other making a lot of noise when using a cart. They don't slow his pace of play down, which would be the only reason to give him grief about them. I've got a lot invested in my Mizunos after swapping out the shafts to MMT 105tx, so I might start using some "b!tch mittens" just to get a little more life out of them. If you can play, then nobody should care.
Irons should have knicks on them........No excuses for iron covers......:rolleyes:

BTW....Mizuno irons are sweet AF. Love my new ones!:)

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
dave-chappelle-slap.gif

Irons should have knicks on them........No excuses for iron covers......:rolleyes:

BTW....Mizuno irons are sweet AF. Love my new ones!:)
Yeah, Mizuno is all I will play. My current irons are MP-18 MMC and I will probably stick with them until the grooves wear out...especially after the shaft change.

I've decided I'm definitely going to get some iron covers now since I know it bothers some folks so much. :cool:

I would also use iron covers if I could get them on and off without slowing everyone down.

Everyone talks about how your irons need nicks and dings…until you put them up for sale. Then suddenly club condition is a huge deal.

Last edited:
Yeah, Mizuno is all I will play. My current irons are MP-18 MMC and I will probably stick with them until the grooves wear out...especially after the shaft change.

I've decided I'm definitely going to get some iron covers now since I know it bothers some folks so much. :cool:

its-too-much-seinfeld-kramer.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back