Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Said it Saturday but maybe Milton needs to “choke the chicken” as a pregame ritual, just to get loose and ease up on that arm a little during the game.
View attachment 394388

He could honestly use a xanax or something.

I saw some other posts regarding the WRs and timing making Milton's throws look bonkers-long:

1) We had a huge advantage in talent, size, and speed vs BGSU, it should have shown. The Bowling Game in general is a complete argument against some sort of timing issue with the receivers being the problem. What kind of plays feature the QB standing in the pocket, observing, observing, observing, and finally overthrowing a receiver? Those can't ALL be timing issues. His best play against BG wasn't even a good play, and had nothing to do with timing.

2) he overthrew a wide open guy vs Pitt that anyone reading this could have hit (yes, you)

3) wouldn't we have seen this at Michigan too? Surely it's not every receiver that he's ever had on his team simply not getting separation or timing their routes correctly.

I guess it all comes down to this week, the WRs and timing can't be it vs all these lesser teams in two different conferences.

Reactions: Smokeytom
When he could have hit the shorter read who was totally uncovered in the middle of the field 25 yards away from him who could have walked into the end zone. Which had the higher probability of being completed? What was the game situation?

Between the ears is the problem along with overshot missiles.
Uhh the only reason that person was so wide open is because the safety covering him came off after Milton launched the ball lol you should rewatch it…. There’s a nice YouTube video of all of our Offensive snaps.

I know everyone just wants to complain about qb, which I think are still both upgrades from JG. Can we talk about how Theo Jackson, Matt Butler, and Jeremy Banks look light years better than last year. I know it’s only two games, but those are pleasant surprises and shows we may have some good coaching in Knoxville.

Things could be so much worse, Pruitt could still be coaching. Remember the first series of his head coaching career. That was good.
Need to find dudes in the back half of our defense that want to actually cover receivers and our defense will be in Business. Need more speed at our safety position.

He could honestly use a xanax or something.

I saw some other posts regarding the WRs and timing making Milton's throws look bonkers-long:

1) We had a huge advantage in talent, size, and speed vs BGSU, it should have shown. The Bowling Game in general is a complete argument against some sort of timing issue with the receivers being the problem. What kind of plays feature the QB standing in the pocket, observing, observing, observing, and finally overthrowing a receiver? Those can't ALL be timing issues. His best play against BG wasn't even a good play, and had nothing to do with timing.

2) he overthrew a wide open guy vs Pitt that anyone reading this could have hit (yes, you)

3) wouldn't we have seen this at Michigan too? Surely it's not every receiver that he's ever had on his team simply not getting separation or timing their routes correctly.

I guess it all comes down to this week, the WRs and timing can't be it vs all these lesser teams in two different conferences.
I mean outside of the drops, he made some really good throws to receivers while at Michigan especially in the long ball throws…..

Hate to say it but those receivers were better than our current receivers. Way more speed.

I really believe we are a different Strong Safety other than McCullough away from having a good secondary.

Burrell is not bad at all, and Alontae is okay until he has to go man to man.
I don’t think they will make the switch but they probably should.

Name a better throw? Bray made some good throws like that but nothing like that throw. Dobbs had some good throws but again, nothing like that throw especially the window he got that into.

It was a fantastic throw. And he moved around the pocket beautifully, just wish it was caught 😞 And yea to your point, Bray did that like every week to Denarius Moore as a freshmen.

are people really shaming the fans for not supporting the team? i remember when the university was finding every way possible to squeeze as many butts into the stadium as they could, and still asked for premium prices. our fans came out, and stayed out, and paid for whatever, FOR YEARS. they bought the tickets, or the parking, or the tailgating, or the adidas gear, or the nike gear, or the knockoff gear, or the new coaching shirts and shoes every year, or the merch that was specific to each sport at the school. they bought subscription plans, newsletters, magazines, paid for "access." The fans took it to the next level, the big orange cash cow. and the powers that be milked the hell out of it and patted the everyday Vol fan on the head like they were a dumbass.

this is the other side of that. people have hit their limit. they feel used and tired, the pool of apathy grows more with every middling season.

at one point this restaurant that we call Tennessee Football served $60 steaks, and they were (mostly) delicious. we were happy to pay for our steaks. every table was taken and reservations were hard to come by. it was the place to be. over time the price remained the same, the item on the menu was named the same, but the steak got worse and worse and now you just get a $5 skirt steak with the same seasoning but your bill is more expensive than ever. If you try really hard, or drink enough, you can fool yourself into thinking you're chewing on the same expensive, delicious steak, but everyone knows it isn't.

most people are saying "have you had the steak at neyland's, man oh man has that place fallen off." People are tired of paying premium price for dollar-brand product. Most people know when they're being ripped off, and they'll only put up with it for so long. The powers that be have abused the common fan for too long, because they know that Tennessee Football is like a family member to them, and they robbed those people blind. The fans are sick of it.

In this era, with pricing and time commitments, it is about so much more than supporting the players or the coaches when you go to a game. You are telling the administration, the university, that you approve of this entire experience and the costs associated. It is not our job to blindly show up and pay whatever because it's our favorite shade of orange. It is THEIR job to make the event rewarding for the fan. They need to do their job.

I am positive that we will see all 3 QBs this season in some capacity. Milton is already hurting, and that's without having played a single SEC game, and most of our line still intact. They'll have to put in the other guys, hopefully not out of necessity, but we've seen this before.

I really believe we are a different Strong Safety other than McCullough away from having a good secondary.

Burrell is not bad at all, and Alontae is okay until he has to go man to man.
IMO- you won’t be saying that when we get into the SEC schedule. I think Taylor and especially Burrell will get abused by SEC WRs again. I’ve seen Burrell struggle already this year

Reactions: VolNash17
are people really shaming the fans for not supporting the team? i remember when the university was finding every way possible to squeeze as many butts into the stadium as they could, and still asked for premium prices. our fans came out, and stayed out, and paid for whatever, FOR YEARS. they bought the tickets, or the parking, or the tailgating, or the adidas gear, or the nike gear, or the knockoff gear, or the new coaching shirts and shoes every year, or the merch that was specific to each sport at the school. they bought subscription plans, newsletters, magazines, paid for "access." The fans took it to the next level, the big orange cash cow. and the powers that be milked the hell out of it and patted the everyday Vol fan on the head like they were a dumbass.

this is the other side of that. people have hit their limit. they feel used and tired, the pool of apathy grows more with every middling season.

at one point this restaurant that we call Tennessee Football served $60 steaks, and they were (mostly) delicious. we were happy to pay for our steaks. every table was taken and reservations were hard to come by. it was the place to be. over time the price remained the same, the item on the menu was named the same, but the steak got worse and worse and now you just get a $5 skirt steak with the same seasoning but your bill is more expensive than ever. If you try really hard, or drink enough, you can fool yourself into thinking you're chewing on the same expensive, delicious steak, but everyone knows it isn't.

most people are saying "have you had the steak at neyland's, man oh man has that place fallen off." People are tired of paying premium price for dollar-brand product. Most people know when they're being ripped off, and they'll only put up with it for so long. The powers that be have abused the common fan for too long, because they know that Tennessee Football is like a family member to them, and they robbed those people blind. The fans are sick of it.

In this era, with pricing and time commitments, it is about so much more than supporting the players or the coaches when you go to a game. You are telling the administration, the university, that you approve of this entire experience and the costs associated. It is not our job to blindly show up and pay whatever because it's our favorite shade of orange. It is THEIR job to make the event rewarding for the fan. They need to do their job.
uh, we're just bad. ready for good. dont know about steaks. just win.

IMO- you won’t be saying that when we get into the SEC schedule. I think Taylor and especially Burrell will get abused by SEC WRs again. I’ve seen Burrell struggle already this year
Alontae’s held his own so far and I think he can continue to do so. We don’t play a ton of elite WR1s. I’m worried about Burrell and McCollough tho for sure. Really interested as to why Hadden and Turnage haven’t seen the field yet.

Reactions: captainfalcon777
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back