Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is who my money is on to take the job. Then Mullen to the Jags please.

Hey if Oklahoma does hire Heupel, let’s hire Kevin Kelley, aka the most fun coach ever. Won his first two college games this 83-43, and 63-6. Never punts, and always on-sides.

Broke 15 national high school records. HS records of 216-29. This is his first season a a college HC and his QB threw for 10 TD’s in the first game.

Mostly kidding about hiring him because it won’t happen, but wouldn’t mind seeing it lmao

Last edited:
if you are looking for results this year you are going to be disappointed. if you are willing to look deeper than W-L and stats, there is improvement to look for in every facet of this program. this is a time for small wins and we have to take them how we can get them.

i have no doubt in my mind that the coaches were prepared and had the team prepared to beat Pitt. at one point they could have named their score. execution killed us. then discipline. COACHING CAN FIX THOSE.

i am content to have witnessed a winning plan, even if the winning players aren't here yet. will they come? that is yet to be seen. even still, it was the best game planning and coaching we've had in a while.

there is something to be said for telling a team "this is going to work, trust me" and low and behold it really would have worked. hopefully this game was a teaching moment and the team can see that if they get their heads in it that there is still a lot of opportunity to seize.

my only worry, that is really out of the coach/team's hands - this is a covid-bonus year for deep teams with 5th and 6th year players. more returning talent than usual for most teams. i don't have to beat the dead horse about the players that left, but we could really use that depth right around the time that things could start clicking. that is going to catch up to us at some point.

Reactions: barrylee
Hiring Kiffin was a homerun on paper. All the panic moves when he left are what killed the program. Dooley had no business being the HC. Kippy should have been named interim. But oh well…

If kiffin looked good on paper, he absolutely sucked in actuality. Why do so many feel so enamored with that loser? He brought a recruiting class full of thugs that crapped out quickly and left.

I truly wish that we could just leave all the horrorshow in the past where it belongs.

I really am excited about a coaching staff that coaches. Players who are playing until the game actually ends. I want the trajectory to soar, but I am trying to be patient as well. (That’s the tough part)

Again, that first ball to Hyatt was the best pass from a UT quarterback I think I’ve ever seen. If he can make that a constant…. Boy oh boy….

When he could have hit the shorter read who was totally uncovered in the middle of the field 25 yards away from him who could have walked into the end zone. Which had the higher probability of being completed? What was the game situation?

Between the ears is the problem along with overshot missiles.

I know everyone just wants to complain about qb, which I think are still both upgrades from JG. Can we talk about how Theo Jackson, Matt Butler, and Jeremy Banks look light years better than last year. I know it’s only two games, but those are pleasant surprises and shows we may have some good coaching in Knoxville.

Things could be so much worse, Pruitt could still be coaching. Remember the first series of his head coaching career. That was good.

I fully expect that AR15 QB from Florida to have his coming out party vs Tennessee in primetime. Outside of Florida backups having the game of their life, as has been tradition, he's just a lot better than their starter.

Maybe our offense can finally click by the Florida game (I PRAY) and at least keep it competitive. I think most teams will have trouble containing that guy, let alone a team in year one of a complete rebuild, learning their way.

I've already got my cup on for the Florida game, but I'm ready to see how the team responds to top-25 competition, a big environment. I would love nothing more than our offense to find their groove by then and have it turn into a shootout or back-and-forth with two able QBs. That's best-case IMO.

Fat coaches can’t win May be the all time dumbest VN take in history. And that is really really saying something
It looks like the fate of the Tennessee program is once again on my shoulders.

Some one get my number to Heupel so we can get some pounds shed and wins going

How had do we think Bama beats Florida this week? I’m saying 21+ this Florida team isn’t that great. Yes they’re better than us that’s not what I’m getting at. I just think if Bama beats the crap out them Mullen will be his normal stupid goofy self at press conferences and it will wear thin on UF fans. Want them to go into a downward spiral. Bama will eat both their QBs and will make Richardson throw. Emory Jones is just not good. Plus their D won’t hold Bama. I think it gets ugly for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back