Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what most of those penalties were the last two years. There has to be some kind of trend with certain position groups or something

To be fair if your running more plays than the majority of teams it would make sense you’d be on the higher end if penalties as well. Would make more sense to look at it from a per play basis.
I think I could be ok with Heupel breaking all the rules if he grew his hair out hair-metal style and/or wore a leather jacket on the sideline. Maybe smoked cigs and stomped it out every time we got a penalty. Something badass, you know.

I wonder what most of those penalties were the last two years. There has to be some kind of trend with certain position groups or something

they had a game last year at UCF with 19 penalties including 8 false starts. I’d wager a lot of their penalties were false starts with the OL trying to keep up with pace.

It’s worth noting that UCF also had lots of penalty yardage under Frost too. Pace definitely a factor.

The good news is so far after two games, any issues are player related and fixable either with someone on roster or in recruiting/transfer portal. Offensively, Special Teams and Defensively I see coaches putting players in position to make plays and play like their hair is on fire. My question mark was Banks coming in and I’ve been impressed. There was only one drive and it was in 4th Qtr where I felt we didn’t play with passion and make them earn it other than that even on scoring drives they made the Pitt offense really earn every point. We punched back several times. With the last 3 staffs there was player and scheme issues. Dooley couldn’t find a defense. Butch offensive scheme only worked with Dobbs running. Pruitt defense was too complicated and offense outdated. Right now we are scheming people open on offense and playing fast on defense.

I heard somebody on the radio today, maybe Hyams, say that pace has nothing to do with penalties because wake forest runs as many plays as anybody and is consistently one of the least penalized teams… that doesn’t make much sense to me

they had a game last year at UCF with 19 penalties including 8 false starts. I’d wager a lot of their penalties were false starts with the OL trying to keep up with pace.

It’s worth noting that UCF also had lots of penalty yardage under Frost too. Pace definitely a factor.

Hard to run a ultra fast tempo and not expect penalties

Someone write a letter to Josh Heupel. For the love of God, let Bailey play this weekend. If for no other reason than I'm honestly tired of people bitching about him "not getting a chance". Clearly some have him on a pedestal. If that kid isn't the superman they've proclaimed him to be, I'm gonna be pissed.

You really going to hold that bull💩 against him? It is a garbage argument and you and everybody with a brain knows f'n why. He was thrown in there with absolute zero coaching or development time.

Why don't you talk about his last game starting?..oh I know why..because jerks like to pretend it didn't happen.
It’s not held against him….. I consider all three QBs to have a blank slate….. anyone claiming they are good or bad is ridiculous…. I ride with whoever coach picks…. The problem is that some fans have made their choice based off very little evidence good or bad…..that comment was to whoever said he gets the ball out quick…. Evidence doesn’t support that although he may have improved in that area but we don’t know that.

Chip Kelly and those uptempo Oregon teams were never better than 95th in penalties per game. I would be interested in seeing a more detailed analysis of high tempo / high number of plays teams vs off/def penalties and total yards. A true breakdown into how much effect a couple more penalties have on teams that are consistently churning out more plays and more yards. Regardless, I believe you have to be able to limit the penalties. Can’t let losses like Pitt become a pattern.

If Harrison Bailey was a 2 Star recruit, no one would be calling for him to be the starter.
I’ve never seen anyone in my life ever, ever, ask for the 3rd string QB to not only skip the back up but be placed under center to start at QB.
It’s a scene, man

Reactions: Volnatic
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back