Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not near as fun in here as it use to be. I am riding with Hype period. I may have opinions about things on here and I am not sure which posy you are talking about cause I have ignored several but I think we hired a good one.
What's a "posy"? Is that from the nursery rhyme? Ring around the posy?

4. What's your best debating skill (choose one):

a. moving the goal posts
b. small sample size
c. comparing apples to oranges
d. confirmation bias
e. lying with statistics
f. all of the above
g. fill in the blank:

G. Deploying reverse self-fulfilling prophecies...Ad Baculums a close 2nd.

Just not earning it in practice. Week-to-week. Surprised no one's mentioned Beckwith for QB.
We have a few guys who were OB's in high school that are playing other positions. I'm sure there's a good reason for them not at the QB position in college.

Reactions: smokeyz1
If Harrison Bailey was a 2 Star recruit, no one would be calling for him to be the starter.
I’ve never seen anyone in my life ever, ever, ask for the 3rd string QB to not only skip the back up but be placed under center to start at QB.
The problem is that Hooker is terrible. He’s a running back playing QB. He can’t pass, and he’s turned the ball over 3 times in just barely more than 2 quarters. I’d roll with Milton, but if not, I’d much rather see a guy who can actually pass the football.

Which new SEC coach gets a ranked win first.

Nvm it's Auburn
They're putting up a fugg ton of points up so far. Granted, that coach walked into a veteran QB and stud SEC rb. Still, they have to be pretty dang happy so far. First 2 games 60+ points/game. That's ridonkulous, idc who you're playing.

I don't remember thinking he was scoring that many points at Boise though, so he may be getting inflated. Time...tell...will.

I can't believe Arkansas and Ole Miss are ranked and Kentucky has a cupcake this week and will be ranked next week 🤢🤢🤢🤢

We were ranked #14 after 2 weeks last year...shows you how much that matters. Let's see how it all shakes out in December. I have a feeling this staff is going to have us playing better to close out the year than we are right now, especially on the offensive side of the ball.

I'm not sure any Arkansas fan thinks that lol, still have a long way to go but it's a step in the right direction. With A&M losing their QB though a lot of us are hopeful we can start out 4-0 before heading to Georgia.
If that’s the case, I would be fine with y’all being 5-0 after that game. A Georgia loss is a win for TN fans.

The problem is that Hooker is terrible. He’s a running back playing QB. He can’t pass, and he’s turned the ball over 3 times in just barely more than 2 quarters. I’d roll with Milton, but if not, I’d much rather see a guy who can actually pass the football.

Eh...I think it's a pretty big exaggeration to say he's terrible. Hooker isn't great and pretty much is what he is at this point of his career, but I I don't know that we are in position to tie the game at the end if Milton plays the whole way despite Hooker's turnovers.

Anyways, I'd play all three this weekend and go from there. If Milton can't hit the open guys this weekend against a weak opponent, I put him away for now and go with Hooker in the Swamp with a plan to play Bailey as well if he looks good against Tech.

We were ranked #14 after 2 weeks last year...shows you how much that matters. Let's see how it all shakes out in December. I have a feeling this staff is going to have us playing better to close out the year than we are right now, especially on the offensive side of the ball.
Tbf wasn't that missing half the FBS teams?

Everyone knew quite well it was BS...

I'm not sure any Arkansas fan thinks that lol, still have a long way to go but it's a step in the right direction. With A&M losing their QB though a lot of us are hopeful we can start out 4-0 before heading to Georgia.
Ya, Texas isn't a top 20 team but they're still solid, it's a respectable win. We would be going bonkers if we'd beaten them. Arky won't win 9 or anything like that, but they're showing really obvious progress.

Eh...I think it's a pretty big exaggeration to say he's terrible. Hooker isn't great and pretty much is what he is at this point of his career, but I I don't know that we are in position to tie the game at the end of Milton plays the whole way despite Hooker's turnovers.

Anyways, I'd play all three this weekend and go from there. If Milton can't hit the open guys this weekend against a weak opponent, I put him away for now and go with Hooker in the Swamp with a plan to play Bailey as well if he looks good against Tech.
Hooker had the highest grade last year. Also our best runner...easily imo.

Not saying he's necessarily our best QB, but he's done better than the other 2 in past action (albeit HB is way behind the other 2 in experience). But he's far from bad. He can clearly run (maybe a scaled back version of) the offense. But his running makes up quite a bit. Just like So/Jr Dobbs...not quite that good of a runner, but close.

Hooker had the highest grade last year. Also our best runner...easily imo.

Not saying he's necessarily our best QB, but he's done better than the other 2 in past action (albeit HB is way behind the other 2 in experience). But he's far from bad. He can clearly run (maybe a scaled back version of) the offense. But his running makes up quite a bit. Just like So/Jr Dobbs...not quite that good of a runner, but close.
He can run very well. He just can’t pass

Ya, Texas isn't a top 20 team but they're still solid, it's a respectable win. We would be going bonkers if we'd beaten them. Arky won't win 9 or anything like that, but they're showing really obvious progress.
When you have a (arguably) top 10:

OL coach
OC
DC

Pittman made the best OC/DC hires I've seen in a long time. Who knows how Pitt will be as a HC and as a recruiting staff, but man the Xs and Os are some of the best in the country, cumulatively.

Curious to me the complete lack of playing time Turnage and Hadden are getting. Even when asked today about rotating more guys in the secondary, Martinez acknowledged they needed to but only mentioned the want to get Slaughter, TMac and Charles more PT.
Start anyone over McCullough please

When you have a (arguably) top 10:

OL coach
OC
DC

Pittman made the best OC/DC hires I've seen in a long time. Who knows how Pitt will be as a HC and as a recruiting staff, but man the Xs and Os are some of the best in the country, cumulatively.
The Odom hire was amazing. He's proving my theory that oc/DC is as or more important than HC. Just hire good people and manage the program.

I accept he may be limited vertically, but how can he "not pass"?? 8.9 ypa last year on 65% completion and the best advanced stats and passing grade out of the 3.
He dinks and dunks and throws screens. It was clear on Saturday that our staff was afraid to let him throw the football. And when he tried to throw deep, he sealed the game by throwing it to the other team

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back