Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbf wasn't that missing half the FBS teams?

Everyone knew quite well it was BS...

No, those rankings included Ohio State at 6, Penn State at 9 and Oregon at 12...all hadn't played a game at that point, but all still ranked ahead of Tennessee. Us being ranked 14 last year after Week 2 is as "legit" as anybody ranked right now. That's to say, nobody really knows anything about these teams yet. Auburn has beaten Alabama State and Akron, but are ranked 22. They very well could be a good team and go up to Happy Valley this week and win...or they could get beat by 3 TD's.

After seeing the depth chart for this week, it honestly doesn't surprise me that Milton is number 1.

It's weird but clearly last game seems to be an anomaly from what the coaches saw in practice. Hooker isn't the answer even though he showed flashes. His deep ball is just as bad as Milton. Milton throws it in the stands and Hooker's deep ball is plain ugly. Hooker has also turned it over 3 times in the past two games. Also, Hooker is not going to win any games with his arm. Take away his ability to run, and he wouldn't play anywhere in America. Honestly, Bailey has the best deep ball of the three, but lacks in other areas.

If Milton connects on just one deep ball, this is a different conversation. I'm not saying Milton is a good QB, but the coaches seem to think he needs more time. Hooker is what he is. Milton may be what he was at Michigan (I think he is). But Heupel seems to think Milton is the guy we roll with and I'm going with his judgement over my ignorance.

I think this gets revisited after a few more games. Milton needs a little bit more time, but not much. One thing that worries me about Milton is that it is often believed that you can't teach accuracy, and Milton does not have that beyond 15 yards. We are in another QB quandary boys.

After seeing the depth chart for this week, it honestly doesn't surprise me that Milton is number 1.

It's weird but clearly last game seems to be an anomaly from what the coaches saw in practice. Hooker isn't the answer even though he showed flashes. His deep ball is just as bad as Milton. Milton throws it in the stands and Hooker's deep ball is plain ugly. Hooker has also turned it over 3 times in the past two games. Also, Hooker is not going to win any games with his arm. Take away his ability to run, and he wouldn't play anywhere in America. Honestly, Bailey has the best deep ball of the three, but lacks in other areas.

If Milton connects on just one deep ball, this is a different conversation. I'm not saying Milton is a good QB, but the coaches seem to think he needs more time. Hooker is what he is. Milton may be what he was at Michigan (I think he is). But Heupel seems to think Milton is the guy we roll with and I'm going with his judgement over my ignorance.

I think this gets revisited after a few more games. Milton needs a little bit more time, but not much. One thing that worries me about Milton is that it is often believed that you can't teach accuracy, and Milton does not have that beyond 15 yards. We are in another QB quandary boys.
I agree. Hooker isn’t the answer in this offense. If Milton can do it in practice, he can likely do it in games. He just needs to settle down. Make him live in practice, get him those reps, and eventually he should hit those deep balls. If Hooker is playing, all the defense has to do is sell out to stop the run

He dinks and dunks and throws screens. It was clear on Saturday that our staff was afraid to let him throw the football. And when he tried to throw deep, he sealed the game by throwing it to the other team
Yeah I think that is the concern. The offense definitely changes with him. And HB. Wild, but I'm sure they have 3 totally different plans for all 3. Obviously they love the overall plan and ceiling with JM.

Yeah I think that is the concern. The offense definitely changes with him. And HB. Wild, but I'm sure they have 3 totally different plans for all 3. Obviously they love the overall plan and ceiling with JM.

Yeah, I think we definitely saw adjustments with the offense when Hooker entered the game, particularly with how Heupel got the tight ends more involved and how they took less deep shots. Milton's physical attributes definitely opens up the playbook, but at some point he has to connect on down the field throws.

And that means what so far for his collegiate career?
Uh nothing?

I actually think he’s pretty overrated myself. But evidence suggests should be a good collegiate QB

But moreso a response to his HS ranking. Just an indictment against us that we could screw up the one dang kid out of this group:

Deshaun Watson
Jake Fromm
Trevor Lawrence
Harrison Bailey

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back