Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Hooker was only in the game for a half a sec;ond, but he did remind me of Dobbs for some reason. Must be wishful thinking. I'm not use to an SEC quarterback standing flat footed in the pocket like Milton does-- He's a big guy, but I am afraid he's going to get murdered. I think more questions will be answered after the Pitt game.

I should have clarified. When I say 4-5 years I don’t mean it will take that long to win some big games. As time passes I also think we can progress into being a competitive team in year 3 and have a chance at beating teams like UF. I’m referring more to high level success like beating the top tier in the league. That will take longer, but there’s a chasm between us and them.
If we can get some lucky breaks and win some we aren’t supposed to, then we might can bridge that gap with the transfer portal. Hopefully we can take advantage and quicken our rebuilt. Unfortunately so far it has just made the best teams better.

ricflair-rolex-wearing.gif
This is how @Bassmaster_Vol answers the phone every single time I call.

So if I had to pick on Milton it would be for the following:

Don’t love his footwork and standing still.

He missed throws - over and behind.

He missed reads - even if we were playing vanilla the play was called, the routes were run and the player was open. He was late on a lot of decisions.

He doesn’t make quick decisions. He holds on too long and that will be costly.

He looks a little bit of deer in the headlights.

My fear is he is another practice professional but once the lights come on he tightens up.

We will see. He is our QB1 for the foreseeable future.
That’s it?
Honestly., I'm just getting tired of HB being painted as our QB savior. Maybe the kid is a gamer, and maybe he plays better when the lights come on, but right now, he has not beat out Milton, and Milton didn't mess up enough to get pulled. Had we dominated the game, we probably would have seen HB at some point, but we didn't.

Milton has a lot he needs to improve on. A whole lot. Hopefully we see that first game to second game jump.
I have no idea if he’s our “savior.”
I know I saw our last staff marry themselves to a QB only for Bailey to look better any chance he saw the field. I hope this staff isn’t doing the same. Falling in love with physical ability and what they think he should be.

aside from the WRs and some missed throws from Milton I thought they played well. Especially for calling plays as vanilla as they did. People complaining simply because we didn’t air it out and it wasn’t perfect
Defense as solid. If we would have blitzed all night, I am not sure how many first downs they would have gotten. We did give a lot of guys reps, which was good. Our running game was great. But our passing attack left a lot to be desired. Joe has a lot to improve on or we better make a change quick. Because we can’t be one dimensional in the SEC.

Most disappointing part of Milton was his running game. Best way to describe his running was he looks like Tarzan and runs like Jane. I was very surprised how glaring he shied away from physical contact at the line to gain.

That wouldn’t even be a huge problem if he could maybe hit water from a boat.

I think UT is stuck in the CFB equivalent to the Curse of the Bambino (84 yr drought), although ours is called the Curse of the Pumpkin (aka Fulmer). The drought will end but probably not in my lifetime (and I’m 40). I’ve already embraced it so makes life as a VOLS fan so, so, so much easier. UT doesn’t care about championships, otherwise they would have already ponied up the $$$ for a coaching staff that could have gotten us one over the last decade. UT is a middle of the pack SEC East team at best. Will be that way for years to come, especially with expansion. Spend time with with the family, especially (grand) kiddos if you’ve got them and just laugh and shrug off the ineptness and mediocrity of UT and life will be much more enjoyable.

They always get me the first game and sometime even a few into the season but they lost me last night. I had some dreams of at least competing with Florida lmaooo.

Most disappointing part of Milton was his running game. Best way to describe his running was he looks like Tarzan and runs like Jane. I was very surprised how glaring he shied away from physical contact at the line to gain.
This. He ran like Tyler bray should while looking like Tebow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back