Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we all know that Heupel was fired by Stoops. But some OU fans claim that he fired Heupel bc he needed a scapegoat and wouldn’t fire his DC/brother, Mike.
That is 100% the case, that defense wasn't good, the offense on the other hand was. The stats don't lie in this case, he was scapegoated.

doesnt seem like a good fit at all im sorry.
It isn't a good fit. I'm just saying that fans loving or hating a guy doesn't really have much to do with personality. It has to do with winning.

Alabama fans would despise Nick Saban if he won any less than he did. But they love him. Why? He wins.

Some may know these numbers, I didn't and thought others might be interested....

-LWSVOL @ VQ
--@LWSVOL @Brent_Hubbs @Austin_Price or someone that understands the #'s and the new rules help me out on this. Rereading this it may be hard to understand what I am asking but hopefully you can get the jest of it.
--UT has around 71-78 scholarships players this year. Others teams may have 90-95 or more because of the covid free year. My understanding is next year every team has to go back to the 85 number.
--First question is this accurate do they have to be at 85 next year? YES
--Will other teams have to process players to get to the 85 flooding the transfer portal? I Don't Believe there are that many programs in the 90-95 range. I can't name any where that is the case and that doesn't mean there are not some.
--So even though with the players entering the portal and you get that spot back up to 7 you still have to be under the 85 correct? At 85 or less. Tennessee will be under 85 for 2022 due to imposing a reduction.
--Will UT be one of the few teams that can take 10ish players from the portal since they are already under the 85 and should be able to sign up to 32? Not sure they will take 32 due to sanctions imposed. But in theory, they might be able to. Depends on who else leaves.
--So will this put UT in a unique spot with more players than ever in the portal and other teams have less spots to add portal players? There are already players storming into the portal. Has nothing to do with programs reducing rosters. There were 35 last week hit the portal. There have been 32 already this week. More than 280 have entered just since August 1. There were hundreds prior to August 1. Portal is going to be full. Don't think UT's position that much better than lots of other teams.

What is so bad about Oklahoma? Have you been to LA lately, I have been there twice this year and it is the most disgusting and unsafe feeling place I've ever visited, with San Francisco a very close second.
When I was working, my job took me all over the country and I'm with you on LA. I didn't mind going out there for work because I knew I was coming back to Texas after a week or so. I was offered a position in LA and just politely told them "no thanks". Not a terrible place to spend a week but I would never live there.

I don't see any mattresses on fire, no cars flipped over, no senseless destruction of any kind....
anchorman-the-legend-of-ron-burgundy.gif

When I was working, my job took me all over the country and I'm with you on LA. I didn't mind going out there for work because I knew I was coming back to Texas after a week or so. I was offered a position in LA and just politely told them "no thanks". Not a terrible place to spend a week but I would never live there.
I don’t even want to go there period.

Reactions: Hoghater
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back