Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean I don't think I wanna go that far...at least not yet. Milton has 3 years of eligibility, so he has 2 more after this season. He could very well be the guy next year and we see him turn into what Hooker has become (if Hooker isn't back next year...which if he can finish the year strong and get some draft interest he may not return).
Milton isn’t staying. And Hooker will come back. No inside info on Milton but no way he stays to be back up or worse.

Reactions: tnvols72 and JCP201
So maybe don’t go nuclear if Hooker can’t play and Milton gets the start. Maybe that’s what HB wants.
Got to do what helps the team first the most. Bailey could play this week if Hooker can’t go and not play again the rest of the season and have the redshirt.

Well that's a different thing. No one denies it was a mistake. The question is do you black ball him or keep him in the rotation. Apparently there is disagreement.
As long as he's at UT, the guy would never step foot on a football field again. I would play the dude that stirs the Gatorade before Milton took another snap.

As long as he's at UT, the guy would never step foot on a football field again. I would play the dude that stirs the Gatorade before Milton took another snap.
Fortunately, it's not your call.

Edit: Not my call either. Will be interesting to see how it plays out. At this point I'm not inclined to second guess Coach.

If Tillman had came down with that catch and we won the game, I can just about imagine what would have happened. Fans would have rushed the field. Probably half a mil fine which I don’t care about. Also media would blame the ole Miss loss on the trash delay and Lane would fake a concussion from the golf ball.

what would have been really ugly would have been if they had ruled the game a forfeit which they threatened during the long delay. When they said that I thought oh man....this may turn into a WWE type finish. Made me think that it would be a good time for the officials to review the life and times of General Custer.

Just cause you have a gerbil doesn't mean errbody does. Dang.
I laughed. 👍

Listen, I'm like you, I trust Heupel with however it shakes out...the guy has forgotten more football than I'll ever know; also, he sees the players each and every day. However, no one will EVER convince me that Milton didn't step out of bounds with the sole purpose of not getting lit up. He knew exactly how much time was left (he looked at the clock a couple of times!); that, coupled with what I've seen out of him since Bowling Green...the kid is timid, and ABSOLUTELY does not like contact; and, anyone who doesn't see that is either blind, or ignorant of the game...or, petting stress animals.

Also since TV talk is happening. Let me point one thing out to anyone looking for a new TV

The capabilities of the TV are limited by the source of the input. So if you're watching dish/direct on a 4K don't let them fool you into believing you're getting -real- 4k. If you're watching over an internet/streaming service your limited by internet speeds at possible multiple levels.

720p is technically HD and for the longest time that was the max HD resolution dish/direct/xfinity were even providing but were still pitching it as "FULL HD PROGRAMMING" So take all that into account before throwing a ton of money at something. And not all blu-rays are full 4K and to play the 4K movies that exist on blu-ray now you need a specific player to get full signal and then you even need to use the right kind of HDMI cable.

I point all this out mainly because if you're just streaming the game on the back deck over wi-fi you're wasting money on that $1500 TV the $500 one will look almost exactly the same. If you're not building a proper theater room and handpicking your player, cords, and blu-rays then you're just spending money for a feature you're not taking advantage of.

More important features to consider are contrast ratio (deeper blacks when this is higher), the quality/type of lights OLED vs LED vs LCD etc. the better your internal lights the more accurate the colors and the better quality of the picture, and then brightness.

What’s the best TV for a room with a bunch of ambient light (that can’t be blocked). Also don’t want to break the bank.
Thanks in advance 🙏

So is strength and conditioning to blame for these injuries? Did Heupel have this many injuries at UCF?

Doesn't really matter why anymore-- but the coaches have slotted Milton over HB and at this point, there's more value in the RS for HB. HH may not be anywhere near 100% the rest of the season, so we're going to have to play two QBs, maybe three.

I've thought all year that was the desire for HB. And I don't think it's even that he's not got the arm talent or mental capability, I think he's just not in good enough shape to run the high tempo offense the way the staff wants. (this is pure speculation by me) So they'd rather him have a RS year to learn the offense as well as get in better shape. If he stays and doesn't portal out you'll be seeing a very wide open QB competition next year even if Hooker & Milton stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back