Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep!! I still think the officials from a different conference should call SEC games, and the SEC sends refs to call other conference games. Then have a neutral crew call interconference game. It would not be that hard to do. SEC calls Big 10 one weekend, and Big 10 calls SEC. If one of the crew tries to show favoritism in a big game to try to cause a loss to one of the teams who may be a playoff contender, then the same can happen from the refs calling their games that weekend. It wouldn’t be that hard.

Umm, all the other conferences said no thanks to take the SEC refs…

After the Pitt game, I would rather not have ACC refs either.

How about going old school. Call your own fouls. 😳 would probably work out better for Tennessee…

Yeah, I think I saw him trying to avoid contact one time at the end of a 40 yard scamper.
That's kind of like how I saw him step out of bounds with no time on the clock. Good to know both of our sets of eyes are working.

Umm, all the other conferences said no thanks to take the SEC refs…

After the Pitt game, I would rather not have ACC refs either.

How about going old school. Call your own fouls. 😳 would probably work out better for Tennessee…
It will all shake out somewhere, somehow, between calling your own fouls and the flopfense.

I am glad our players do not have the same opinion as you do.

Want to bet?!?! You think our coach would let the players openly bash another player? I can name three players right now (I will not name them and get them in trouble) who are pissed at Joe Milton and the crap he pulled Saturday.

@volbeast33 had this info a few weeks ago, and I posted that I laughed at the USCe game when I saw Dayne Davis down for about the 5th time this year. We score so quickly that it gives the defense more time, AND it doesn't effect the flow of the opponent's offense like OM did. Heupel is a smart dude.
Interesting! Thanks for the info.

This is such a bad take and has the empathy and emotional intelligence of a caveman.

There is a 0% chance he said "I know I have other options but I don't want to get tackled - even though I've been playing football all my life and have been tackled thousand of times - so I'm going to avoid that at the cost of my other options to possibly win the game."

There is a much higher chance that he simply panicked and didn't have the mental fortitude to process his options and possibly thought he was stopping the clock by not getting tackled in bounds.
That was as kind as you could say that, but I cannot resist translating into layman's terms:
"Much more likely that Milton just ain't very bright than him being a selfish sissy."
Ironically, I agree with you.

I wish Joe Milton had never came here..if he had not, precious and valuable preparation time and effort would not have been completely wasted on him that could have been focused on Hooker and Bailey

I mean I don't think I wanna go that far...at least not yet. Milton has 3 years of eligibility, so he has 2 more after this season. He could very well be the guy next year and we see him turn into what Hooker has become (if Hooker isn't back next year...which if he can finish the year strong and get some draft interest he may not return).

Reactions: #1GatorHater
I find myself wondering if the sheer number of bad injuries is a function of the system's tempo.

One of the main reasons that they alternated Small and Evans per quarter when they were both healthy.
Once CJH gets a full contingent of his players, then I would almost guarantee that 1st and 2nd string will all play a bunch each game. Then 3rd and 4th strings a bunch once game is in hand in the 2nd half.
Defense will play just as many players .

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back