Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Provide evidence...I named several bad hires of his...name some good ones.

Also you calling me a troll is laughable. Look at my stats and then look at yours.

I am going to go out on a limb and say you’re a boomer who has lived in that dump mule town your entire life. Once you live in other states you see what people outside of TN think about him...you know people without bias.

Who cares what people outside of TN think about him? Those people do have bias- they are fans of other schools.

"On what if anything you’d change about college football coaching if you could …

“People talk about hiring great recruiters; I think that’s an absolute joke. If you’re labeled that, 99 percent of the time that means you can’t coach a lick. That’s a fact. There are very few exceptions. Ed Orgeron is a fantastic recruiter and he’s probably the best defensive line coach of them all. The guy is big-time. It’s great to recruit 5-stars, but then they come in and play like 2-stars. It’s too bad that’s how this profession is, but that’s part of the deal now.

“It’s not about recruiting, it’s about evaluating. That’s one of the things I learned from Ed Orgeron. It doesn’t matter if he’s a 2-star or a 5-star, it’s how you evaluate it and what you think you can do with him. That’s what I learned from him. Again, you recruit them. But there’s only about five players in the country that are totally different than everybody else. Everybody else can fall into a similar category. At that point it’s about developing and teaching. It’s about evaluating and developing your talent. And that’s a fact.”"

-Ekeler

Developers and evaluators. Love it. So glad we've moved on from CJP's "I'll just recruit 25 more guys" mindset. Actually develop and find the right guys, not just any guys.

Man, I bet everybody at the New Orleans Saints' front office and coaches just got chest pains, watching the 75 million dollar man, snowboarding

100%...they usually have clauses in their contracts to keep them from doing things like this.
I just like how he seems to be his own person. He marches to his own beat.

Reactions: The Dog

R322qZ.gif

That explains UGA. He's been through several teams since. Like I said, doesn't make him a bad coach, but it seems like an odd career path.

Just glad to have the staff complete. Need some positive things to happen. Ready for football season.
I’m glad we have finally put together an actual “professional” Football Coaching Staff.

By professional I mean guys who aren’t douches and who coach the game for the Love of it. (Yes I know they like the money they are getting as well)

But I truly like this coaching staff and the recruiting staff as well.

Who cares what people outside of TN think about him? Those people do have bias- they are fans of other schools.

You do realize there are TN fans who live outside TN right? You do also realize we have to recruit players and hire coaches outside of TN too right?

"I heard he went off the handle and fired a coach during half-time, and took it back after the game. It was not Brumbaugh. Someone I trust said Pruitt had fired pretty much all of the coaches at some point, and Brumbaugh was the only one who decided to let it happen." 👀 👀 👀
lol where is that quote from?

Reactions: VolByLaw
I’m glad we have finally put together an actual “professional” Football Coaching Staff.

By professional I mean guys who aren’t douches and who coach the game for the Love of it. (Yes I know they like the money they are getting as well)

But I truly like this coaching staff and the recruiting staff as well.
I'll like them a lot more if they find success. If they don't, I'll like them a lot less. Isn't that how being a fan works?

You mean Cut carried him? If he was such a great coach then why couldn’t he get a job after UT fired him? I know for a fact he tried to get other jobs. It’s almost like other people not wearing orange tinted glasses knew he was trash.

His coaches carried him? That’s sort of the objective of a head coach. You have to be a real jerk to call Phil Fulmer trash.

You do realize there are TN fans who live outside TN right? You do also realize we have to recruit players and hire coaches outside of TN too right?

Huh? I don’t get your line of thinking. TN fans outside TN still root for TN. They probably don’t call Fulmer a trash head coach. Your insinuation was others who “don’t have a bias.”

I’m not sure what recruiting players outside the state have to do with Phillip Fulmer’s status as a coach. I will just leave it as that response made no sense.

What a way to make a million bucks. Just know the right person in authority at UT and dollars fall from the sky while doing basically nothing.
He already was getting a 5 million buyout regardless from Auburn. We don’t know but speculation what and why CPF brought him, To fix a broken Football program, for stability or to be insurance HBC, to save his own job. With that kind of assured money in my bank, why would I go to any program if I wasn’t assured something, regardless if it padded my bank account almost a million dollars. I’d be thinking about mine and my family’s future and keeping my reputation intact, in case I had to find another job.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
"I heard he went off the handle and fired a coach during half-time, and took it back after the game. It was not Brumbaugh. Someone I trust said Pruitt had fired pretty much all of the coaches at some point, and Brumbaugh was the only one who decided to let it happen." 👀 👀 👀
It's crazy Phil interviewed someone with these kind of leadership skills and was like" Yeah. This is definetly the guy."

You guys might find it interesting to read some of the things Ekeler said after his time at Georgia. He said he was "thankful for the opportunity that Mark Richt gave me", but strongly implied that he wasn't a fan of Pruitt, Rocker and Sherrer. Just an interesting anecdote that I recalled when I saw his name here.

Former Georgia assistant uses profanity to describe time in Athens

Edit: sorry for the repetitive post. Looks like it was already noted above.
We’re still wiping the bottom of our shoe of the Pruitt era.

His coaches carried him? That’s sort of the objective of a head coach. You have to be a real jerk to call Phil Fulmer trash.

You would have to be a real jerk to continue milking the same university over and over. You would have to be a real jerk to give yourself a raise and an extension during a pandemic and also keep it quiet...you would have to be a real jerk to never forego any buyout money from the university you love...did I do it right?

I am sure Majors would have vouched for his character back in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back