Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for being so uninformed but did Kevin Steele ever officially get let go or is he still on staff in some capacity?
LOL just found the answer "Tennessee is yet to finalize the exit of Kevin Steele, who has remained with the program as Heupel built his inaugural staff."

Richt got fired. Read that article above.
That explains UGA. He's been through several teams since. Like I said, doesn't make him a bad coach, but it seems like an odd career path.

Just glad to have the staff complete. Need some positive things to happen. Ready for football season.

Sorry for being so uninformed but did Kevin Steele ever officially get let go or is he still on staff in some capacity?

Doug Matthews said yesterday that he had been back home in Auburn the last 3 weeks. Doesn't go to contract status but it sounds like his short term coaching stint in Knoxville ends with a whimper. Just a take based on limited information.

Reactions: Vols4us
LOL just found the answer "Tennessee is yet to finalize the exit of Kevin Steele, who has remained with the program as Heupel built his inaugural staff."
Let him stay on as a defensive analyst IMO. Better to make him earn the paycheck than to give him a buyout.

Just makes me wonder what happened for him to end up at North Texas? Doesn't make him a bad coach, but seems like a long fall.

He had been NT's DC in 2016 per his bio. Looking to get out of KU I guess. Had coached under Miles at LSU back in their NC year. Bounced around a lot it appears, but had success based on how the D's performed and the LB's he's coached up.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Doug Matthews said yesterday that he had been back home in Auburn the last 3 weeks. Doesn't go to contract status but it sounds like his short term coaching stint in Knoxville ends with a whimper. Just a take based on limited information.

What a way to make a million bucks. Just know the right person in authority at UT and dollars fall from the sky while doing basically nothing.

He could have had several jobs and he didn’t take them . You are either a troll or to young to remember that era. If the latter is the case maybe you should do a little research before popping off.

Provide evidence...I named several bad hires of his...name some good ones.

Also you calling me a troll is laughable. Look at my stats and then look at yours.

I am going to go out on a limb and say you’re a boomer who has lived in that dump mule town your entire life. Once you live in other states you see what people outside of TN think about him...you know people without bias.

It doesn’t mean you have to call him a trash head coach. Has nothing to do with getting a job after UT. I do think that term is used more than it should be. He did something right to win a national title.

That’s fair...I will give you that. I retract my statement. He is a parasite and masterful politician.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back