Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been posted about 24 hrs. Over 80 'likes', and not one single push back post. I can't believe it.

Buying into Tim Banks the more I read and ponder. Lets give these guys a chance. I'm sure all of them have something they want to prove, and want to win as much as we do.
It was a good post. I just thought the Jerry Maguire guys would be appropriate for an honest post like that. I’m on board. I wasn’t pushing back on your post at all. I’m in complete agreement with you. I‘m really hoping that we’re going to have the right mix of guys here. In fact, I think I’m a little more optimistic than most on here in regards to next season, at least on the offensive side of the ball. I’m pretty excited to see our young group of talent that came in last year have the opportunity to make some plays with this new staff. If we can get some positive momentum on the recruiting front and maybe have Banks talk Henry T and Crouch into staying we could be a tough out next year.

Some? It seems to be the VN way. People get attacked on here every day for having different opinions. Lately, I've apparently become a "negateer" because I have doubts about JH and this staff. Never mind that after watching the past 3 staffs bust, there's every reason to have doubts. No, VN eats its own. But whatever. We're all big boys and girls. But doxing anyone steps over a boundary. There's just no need for it. It's one thing to disagree with what someone says and launch verbal tirades against them because civil discourse just isn't "your thing". It's quite another to lift the veil of anonymity on a message board and reveal someone's identity because you've uniformly decided to be an ass hat. One has no real consequence, the other certainly potentially could. We live in a world where people lose jobs over social media posts, simply because they have an opinion. We should know better. We should do better.

End of rant.

For now.
Again, his identity wasn’t revealed. Also, if you have to ask wHaT hApPeNeD to Hank? Maybe you should just keep talking about money that isn’t yours or diversity, something along those lines. Half of it was deleted anyway, and he post well into the day after his REAL name wasn’t posted.

Evidently @SLICKYINC thought it was cool to go look up Jets employees and then post names here. That post was deleted but Hank has been gone since. I just found out today what happened.
Evidently you didn’t see any of the posts but feel the need to opine anyway? Maybe you should put me on real ignore this time and stop tagging me in your gossip posts.

Reactions: EdEcEko77
If I posted my entire credit card number here, got in an argument, and one of you idiots bought a new 4K TV off me for revenge.. I think there are two parties at fault there.

It's not like anyone was in here looking up IP addresses and ****.
Thanks for the TV. Sponge Bob has never looked better

Y’all are making me want to take the day off and watch Disney movies with my three year old. There is nothing I wouldn’t watch or do for my two girls. I actually enjoy watching Cocoa. It’s a fun movie and my daughter likes to play guitar with her princess wand. Lol.
Used to watch SpongeBob with my two chillins eons ago. They loved SpongeBob so I did too.

Broooooo! No joke. I never complained about lack of sleep or anything when we went through the newborn phase. Most of the time I would get up and change the kids and then bring them to mom. I knew it would be a temporary thing and I would miss them being little one day.
For you youngin's, don't blink.

He didn’t feel someone on here would make a pointed effort to identify him. The fact that they did shows who doxxed who. I wasn’t always a fan of his style but he was open and honest (if sometimes udderly wrong 😏). And Gucci? Take your dry ass Vanilla Ice wannabe act back to Slow Play VN Hell...you were a much better poster when we heard about what you were yapping via Twitter and Bass.
tgbkljdl3gr21.gif

Broooooo! No joke. I never complained about lack of sleep or anything when we went through the newborn phase. Most of the time I would get up and change the kids and then bring them to mom. I knew it would be a temporary thing and I would miss them being little one day.
My near 4 yo is a wild, wild child but can be very sweet. He still doesn't have the patience to sit through an entire movie.

Our 1 yo though is the sweet, chill baby who will let you hold him for 2+ hours.

I'm only 30 but it goes by quick

Some? It seems to be the VN way. People get attacked on here every day for having different opinions. Lately, I've apparently become a "negateer" because I have doubts about JH and this staff. Never mind that after watching the past 3 staffs bust, there's every reason to have doubts. No, VN eats its own. But whatever. We're all big boys and girls. But doxing anyone steps over a boundary. There's just no need for it. It's one thing to disagree with what someone says and launch verbal tirades against them because civil discourse just isn't "your thing". It's quite another to lift the veil of anonymity on a message board and reveal someone's identity because you've uniformly decided to be an ass hat. One has no real consequence, the other certainly potentially could. We live in a world where people lose jobs over social media posts, simply because they have an opinion. We should know better. We should do better.

End of rant.

For now.
This is what "living behind a keyboard" can do.

Differing opinions doesn't mean we attack someone. Before this generation, we would listen and be open about what is being said and then make an informed decision. Unfortunately, the society we are in is quick to accuse or defend without any recourse and it can all be done without any "eye to eye" conversation.

Everyone is bigger when not having to be held accountable.

Can we all agree on the following?

1. Any player who stayed through this mess, regardless of talent or productivity, deserves our overwhelming respect and loyalty.

2. Any player who left, is NOT a VFL. Period. We owe them nothing and they owe us nothing. Doesn’t mean they are bad kids, but you left. Don’t go trying to have your cake and eat it too with the Vol fanbase.

Last edited:
Let’s be real. Malzahn got a college job the way MANY high school coaches get college jobs. He then was OC for a NC team. Then HC in another NC w/o that guy Cam Newton who everyone attributes all his success as OC to. He held his own during maybe the toughest decade the SECW has ever seen. He’s a solid coach. Did I want him at UT? No. Is he at a critical point in his career where he needs to either adapt or die? Yes. Is he a better hire than Heupel? Hell nah. Doesn’t mean the guy was undeserving of ever becoming a college coach, OC and HC. Let’s be real.
Why the need to mock?

He runs a gimmicky offense. Once teams figure it out, it’s predictable. Without a cabin, he’s another also-ran. Hard pass.

Again, his identity wasn’t revealed. Also, if you have to ask wHaT hApPeNeD to Hank? Maybe you should just keep talking about money that isn’t yours or diversity, something along those lines. Half of it was deleted anyway, and he post well into the day after his REAL name wasn’t posted.

You posted something that could easily be one of four guys. A donor list is hundreds. It was irresponsible and you can’t own up to a mistake. You shouldn’t have done it and it brought nothing to the board by doing so. I’ve had differences with Hank but he was a good and fun poster. At one time he was in our complex and he does work in football. You screwed up but your don’t give a dang about it speaks volumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back