Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
A random name from a directory was posted. It’s like me looking at a list of TN donors and throwing out a name for who AV is. Stfu
5ddc336bfd9db244c913783d

Who is the low life who ran off Hank? please tell me!

Hank, whoever he is, argued that LeBron James is the GOAT in the game of basketball. That alone disqualifies every opinion or notion that he espouses. His takes are absolutely lava hot and should never be considered valid in any circumstance.

If anybody cares. If not ignore...

Just finished a quick watch of the 2019 Cotton Bowl with PSU beating Memphis. High scoring game with PSU going against their wide open spread O. The D struggled a bit, especially in the first half. Memphis could not stop PSU's O in that half at all. In the second half you could see PSU's D adjustments when they changed from an attack D to contain and stop when it got close to the red zone. Memphis ended up kicking a bunch of FG's instead of getting TD's and PSU picked a couple of passes to ice it.

So, in two bowl games I watched with high quality PSU teams going against high quality opponents I may have seen the philosophy we can expect from Banks on D. Which tells me he probably fits well with CJH's O. Aggressively pass rush and attack the traditional O's using stunts often and as necessary with man coverage outside and two deep safeties to make big plays. With spread O's, typically rush 4 (sometimes 3, or use a late blitzer) and occasionally stunt with man coverage and a single high S some of the time. PSU gave up some big plays with zone and quarters coverage with assignment breakdowns. But their secondary sticks like glue on their assigned receivers in man - so that is a major emphasis with Banks.

As to play calling, I'm sure he was in the booth. Co-DC Pry was making calls on the sidelines. So he was getting the formations and blocking patterns from Banks and probably some play call input. Five years of doing that at PSU while having 4 years as the play calling DC at Illinois and previous G5 DC experience tells me there will be very little transition or assistance needed in becoming the play caller we need.

But fans and posters on here are going to have to get over the OMG aspect of higher scoring games. Once the D gets rebuilt in a few years we can expect them to roll the lesser teams because they flat get after the QB and are physical with WR's at the LOS. That will be a lot of fun to watch. But against Bama, UF, LSU, even Ole Miss - it will be a track meet at times as there can be some big busts when you are that aggressive. I think our odds of winning sooner against aTm and UGA probably went up. Jimbo and Kirby are not wide open in their O concepts. They want a bit more ball control and intermediate routes. With this D philosophy they better have a great QB who can make quick reads and has quick feet because it causes negative plays frequently.
So you’re telling me he can make adjustments at halftime.But can he defend against the slant over the middle?

OLED TV worth the cost?
They’re insane dude. Got a buddy with one and movies and shows look incredible. My dad has a theater room with a 9x5 screen with a great projector. If I ever put together a movie room I’m going with the newest TV technology. Projectors and all other TVs I’ve seen come nowhere close to that OLED.

Let’s be real, the only reason Malzahn got a college OC job was because he had a 5* QB and a gimmicky offense. He wouldn’t be in the college game without Mustain.

I’ll take Heupel 10 out of 10 times over Malzahn.
Let’s be real. Malzahn got a college job the way MANY high school coaches get college jobs. He then was OC for a NC team. Then HC in another NC w/o that guy Cam Newton who everyone attributes all his success as OC to. He held his own during maybe the toughest decade the SECW has ever seen. He’s a solid coach. Did I want him at UT? No. Is he at a critical point in his career where he needs to either adapt or die? Yes. Is he a better hire than Heupel? Hell nah. Doesn’t mean the guy was undeserving of ever becoming a college coach, OC and HC. Let’s be real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back