Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how excited are we about Rodgers?
Very. He's called defenses in the NFL and worked under one of the game's best defensive minds. Always a chance he doesn't adapt well to the college game, but coming the week after the Super Bowl when his unit was the story of the game, it would be a huge credibility hire for this program.

Not sure about his ability to design and implement a defense. But man that rotisserie chicken was good!

I’d be ecstatic for Kacy Rodgers. Guy is an elite defensive line coach and has been a play caller in the NFL before, plus he’s a VFL as an added bonus. While he has been out of college for a long time, I’m sure if we fill position coaches with recruiters, we’ll be fine. He has an easy resume to sell to kids, especially defensive linemen.

I also love his background of coaches he’s been under to “influence” his defensive style:

Bill Parcells
Todd Bowles
Wade Phillips
Mike Zimmer

Even middling guys like Dave Wommack, Brian Stewart, Kevin Coyle aren’t terrible guys to learn from.

The first four on that list were/are considered the best defensive minds in the NFL at some point in their careers.
Think it’d be a very good hire by us if we can pull it off.

If Henry T goes to Bama I will officially embrace the nickname Toot, which I have hated for a long time. He will have earned it.
If he really does transfer to Bama, I believe it has Pruitt written all over it. I'm sure he would love nothing more than to help Saban get our best defensive player.

I’d be ecstatic for Kacy Rodgers. Guy is an elite defensive line coach and has been a play caller in the NFL before, plus he’s a VFL as an added bonus. While he has been out of college for a long time, I’m sure if we fill position coaches with recruiters, we’ll be fine. He has an easy resume to sell to kids, especially defensive linemen.

I also love his background of coaches he’s been under to “influence” his defensive style:

Bill Parcells
Todd Bowles
Wade Phillips
Mike Zimmer

Even middling guys like Dave Wommack, Brian Stewart, Kevin Coyle aren’t terrible guys to learn from.

The first four on that list were/are considered the best defensive minds in the NFL at some point in their careers.
Think it’d be a very good hire by us if we can pull it off.
And the top ranked DL in HS is in our State!! Wonder who his first phone call will be too?

Reactions: preacherwebb
Very. He's called defenses in the NFL and worked under one of the game's best defensive minds. Always a chance he doesn't adapt well to the college game, but coming the week after the Super Bowl when his unit was the story of the game, it would be a huge credibility hire for this program.

I agree.

It should be a good hire (one would think) from an X's and O's standpoint.
It could be a good hire (again, one would think) from a recruiting standpoint.
It would be a really big hire, without a doubt, from a credibility standpoint.

Again, as always, this is just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back