Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre liver transplant, sharts were a major concern due to a medicine I was taking to to get ammonia out of my body.

Lactulose? BTW, Weezer how was the transplant process? The wait and life after? The OH needs a liver or partial (not really sure at this point because between cancer treatments and COVID backlogging everything). We're in hospice now but the hope is to be able to switch to palliative and explore transplant options.

We were told that leaks start after 9 so we will see. I believe its going to be a great hire. You know all these coaches interviewed for any HC has to have a list of those he would want or he would go after if hired. With Heupel having coached in the SEC before he knows how important a great DC hire is, I can't wait to see who it is.

From Rivals:

The issue with this story is that Roc Taylor didn't have a spot at Tennessee when Pruitt was the coach. Had anyone taken any time to look into it, or ask anyone in the know, they would have gotten the story behind it.

I don't like when coaches pull offers and I have no problem calling them out for it, but Taylor hasn't had a spot in Tennessee's class since early December.

Yea definitely need a home run DC. This poster went by the name East Atlanta Santa, pretty sure it’s an alternate account. They way he talked we should know before 5 tomorrow evening. Over the moon about it 🤷‍♂️
Ok gotcha. I was wondering if AV ever came back after his post saying the fans should stop complaining and get behind DW.

A few pages pack someone was posting sack rates. Football outsiders tracks sack rates by standard downs and passing downs so I wanted to show a snapshot of different teams over a number of seasons to show the ebb and flow from one year to the next. We’ve all heard it’s not just the QB. It’s also the play call, the protection call, the receivers, the offensive line and the RB if he has protection assignments. It can also be the play design.

Another big factor that comes into play is if you’re playing against a schedule of opponents that have elite pass rushers in most years. There’s not enough elite pass rushers to go around and unfortunately some of our more permanent rivals never seem to be left wanting. I think when you’re up against an elite pass rush you’ve got two options in the pass game. First you can use a quick passing attack including passes behind the LOS. If you want to stretch the field you almost certainly should use max protection to buy the receivers enough time to get downfield. You probably need around 3 seconds for a 20 yard pitch and catch because receivers are only so fast.

One of the reasons, maybe the biggest reason, I gave up after the Georgia game was that I was convinced Chaney was doing absolutely nothing to try to help his QB. I guess it could have been Pruitt calling plays and protections. Hell, for all I know it could have been Fulmer. All I know is I was convinced it was complete incompetence by the staff – and then Pruitt on the radio after the game blamed the players. SMDH. That’s one thing I’m certain will change with JH. jmo.

Anyway, here are the standard downs and passing downs sack rates for a number of teams from 2015 thru 2020.

ScreenHunter 645.png

We were told that leaks start after 9 so we will see. I believe its going to be a great hire. You know all these coaches interviewed for any HC has to have a list of those he would want or he would go after if hired. With Heupel having coached in the SEC before he knows how important a great DC hire is, I can't wait to see who it is.
9 tonight or tomorrow morning?

Get behind this program...everyone. Stop bickering. Stop second guessing.
We have a bad ass AD...I mean one of the most impressive guys I have EVER been around. He is getting this right I promise you that.

And another thing...this stuff about whales and authority to offer this and that to two whales is BS. DW has been given a damn centurion card to hire whoever he wishes at whatever cost he sees fit....i have said it 100 times but some folks just can’t understand. Money is not and will not be an issue moving forward with this program.
Still over the moon

Reactions: GoBigOrangeVols
A few pages pack someone was posting sack rates. Football outsiders tracks sack rates by standard downs and passing downs so I wanted to show a snapshot of different teams over a number of seasons to show the ebb and flow from one year to the next. We’ve all heard it’s not just the QB. It’s also the play call, the protection call, the receivers, the offensive line and the RB if he has protection assignments. It can also be the play design.

Another big factor that comes into play is if you’re playing against a schedule of opponents that have elite pass rushers in most years. There’s not enough elite pass rushers to go around and unfortunately some of our more permanent rivals never seem to be left wanting. I think when you’re up against an elite pass rush you’ve got two options in the pass game. First you can use a quick passing attack including passes behind the LOS. If you want to stretch the field you almost certainly should use max protection to buy the receivers enough time to get downfield. You probably need around 3 seconds for a 20 yard pitch and catch because receivers are only so fast.

One of the reasons, maybe the biggest reason, I gave up after the Georgia game was that I was convinced Chaney was doing absolutely nothing to try to help his QB. I guess it could have been Pruitt calling plays and protections. Hell, for all I know it could have been Fulmer. All I know is I was convinced it was complete incompetence by the staff – and then Pruitt on the radio after the game blamed the players. SMDH. That’s one thing I’m certain will change with JH. jmo.

Anyway, here are the standard downs and passing downs sack rates for a number of teams from 2015 thru 2020.

View attachment 348148
799DDEB8-FBBD-468F-8FCB-29EC6B84CFCA.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back