Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bailey is perfect for the system. Slow processing seemed like it was more caused by our previous coaching staff than it was the QBs. Since it seemed like all of them had trouble with that.

Partly because Chaney wanted slow developing routes, even the "quick hitters" were usually long drags that required a damn near 30 yard pass to the boundary.

I like that CJH uses his TEs and RBs in the middle of the field, Missouri looked unstoppable when they were able to protect Lock when they were doing it.

I just need one Defensive lineman to step up and bring us some Derek Barnett energy...

Having a pass rush will do wonders for us. (I’ve been Hoping for them to switch Jeremy Banks to DE ever since his freshman year)
:Insert the Tyrone Biggums meme:
You got any more of them Derek Barnett’s?

Any word on who we might bring in on the D side of the ball? I’m fine with him bringing all his offensive staff but need someone(s) who can recruit and develop a front.

:Insert the Tyrone Biggums meme:
You got any more of them Derek Barnett’s?

Any word on who we might bring in on the D side of the ball? I’m fine with him bringing all his offensive staff but need someone(s) who can recruit and develop a front.
*scratches neck* lol

I have no clue. But yes we need a competent Defensive staff!

To be fair I don't mind incoming OL being sub 300lbs. Sometimes it's easier to bulk guys up than try to get them in shape, remember Charles Mosley and how he never could get his weight under control enough to warrant playing time?
Bingo. Lots of proof it isn't a bad thing.

College S&C programs are absolutely built to add good weight. Not take 360+ lb behemoths and have them shed weight (then there's the added problem of, "did those guys succeed in HS just because they overpowered/outsized/developed sooner than other HS kids?").

I look around the SEC at the teams that are successful, and that's not how it's done. I'm not trying to be overly negative. I'm trying to stay realistic. But this kind of offer worries me. Pruitt may have been an ass, but he wasn't wrong when he said we have to chase the same players that other top SEC programs chase. Sure, the NCAA troubles make that harder, but it's no less true. I just hope this offer isn't a sign of things to come. Always chasing project players doesn't work out. We can afford 1-2 a class, maybe, not even sure that's true given our current circumstances, but we cannot live off of projects.

Disagree with me opinion if you want, but I feel how I feel. I bleed Orange just like everyone else. I will always support the team, no matter what. But I have legitimate concerns about JH's abilities to make this work. I'm hoping and praying he does. I don't want to see us fall even further. But I just can't blindly buy in like some have. We've blindly bought into coach after coach. I just can't do that anymore. I want to be wrong, but I'm not sure I am.

Would it ease your mind to know he also has offers from Missouri, Vanderbilt, Texas, Oklahoma, Northwestern, Stanford, Penn State, Florida State, TCU, USC, & Virginia Tech? Seems to me that he's basically a "take" for every big program and if he was 285+ he'd probably have already signed with Alabama, Clemson, or Georgia... :rolleyes:

BUY DOGECOIN YOU AUTISTS
Dogecoin is so 2014. I do know some that bought it back then as a joke (meme coin) when the rest of us were buying btc, ltc, eth. Dogecoin has no fundamental infrastructural value/advantage like others do.

But if it gains spurts of memetic value like GME/AMC, then...I guess why not?

I look around the SEC at the teams that are successful, and that's not how it's done. I'm not trying to be overly negative. I'm trying to stay realistic. But this kind of offer worries me. Pruitt may have been an ass, but he wasn't wrong when he said we have to chase the same players that other top SEC programs chase. Sure, the NCAA troubles make that harder, but it's no less true. I just hope this offer isn't a sign of things to come. Always chasing project players doesn't work out. We can afford 1-2 a class, maybe, not even sure that's true given our current circumstances, but we cannot live off of projects.

Disagree with me opinion if you want, but I feel how I feel. I bleed Orange just like everyone else. I will always support the team, no matter what. But I have legitimate concerns about JH's abilities to make this work. I'm hoping and praying he does. I don't want to see us fall even further. But I just can't blindly buy in like some have. We've blindly bought into coach after coach. I just can't do that anymore. I want to be wrong, but I'm not sure I am.
But seriously, I wouldn't worry about recruiting under sized OL. He never has. Probably the only small oline he's ever coached going back to 2011 as an OC or HC was maybe Utah st. And even they may not have been small. I just didn't look cause it was only 1 year. He specifically mentioned having a big oline when UCF hired him.

Would it ease your mind to know he also has offers from Missouri, Vanderbilt, Texas, Oklahoma, Northwestern, Stanford, Penn State, Florida State, TCU, USC, & Virginia Tech? Seems to me that he's basically a "take" for every big program and if he was 285+ he'd probably have already signed with Alabama, Clemson, or Georgia... :rolleyes:
Like I said, I hope I'm wrong. Only time will tell.

IF RH could be up for half a second, I would buy more
Dogecoin is so 2014. I do know some that bought it back then as a joke (meme coin) when the rest of us were buying btc, ltc, eth. Dogecoin has no fundamental infrastructural value/advantage like others do.

But if it gains spurts of memetic value like GME/AMC, then...I guess why not?
I like ALGO. I think they have a solid foundation to build on. Been buying some of it here and there.

If it makes you feel any better, CBJ and his lowly, small OL were a part of 2 of the greatest offenses this school has ever produced (at least up until the past 3 years under Heupel).
I know people love to throw that out there about Butch's offense, but you can't ignore his whole tenure. We fired him for a reason.

AAC is loaded with talent. Interesting to see where their draft numbers fall this year compared to others.

Tulane, of all places, will have two guys go on draft day in back to back years for the first time in school history. Now that UCONN left or got kicked out or whatever, there’s an nfl talent or two on most rosters in the conference.

Reactions: Sleegro
Bailey is perfect for the system. Slow processing seemed like it was more caused by our previous coaching staff than it was the QBs. Since it seemed like all of them had trouble with that.
Yeah it’s exactly the kind of system he thrived in in hs. Spread tempo that takes the pressure off his subpar oline and allows him to leverage his accuracy and decision making. Opposite of Chaney who relies on a big arm and a mobile qb. People will write him off but I think bailey will eat next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back