Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ve had both VQ and 247 tell us the 8 mil figure for Franklin. Both of told us that we couldn’t get any interest from Fickell, Campbell, or some other top names. They tried. No big name wants this job right now even for freaking 8 mil a year
Honestly Bass, I'm not sure I believe anything that has come from any media source during all this...

My plan was to enjoy all this, see who gets introduced at the PC and go from there.. It's worked so far, so I'm going to stay with it.. 😎

“I’m sorry guys. We tried. We swung for the fences but got turned down”
There it is, that's the answer. I mean there's no other explanation needed is there. It's pretty evident. Can't believe people are going to try and give AV a hard time. Though he likely won't admit it publicly he's probably as disappointed as any of us, maybe more because he knows more specifics

So let me get this straight... We extended Pruitt in a covid year and by the end of that same year shot ourselves in the foot by tattling on ourselves just so we could save money by firing Pruitt for cause just to use that money we saved for a home run hire. We overpay for a topnotch AD to come in and fix our idiocy but because we shot ourselves in the foot with a 12 gauge, every good hire sees us as a crippled program and doesn't want to come so we settle on yet another bargain bin hire.

CLASSIC!

Our administration is Dog Ass and they are the only ones to blame for this mess.
sigh

Nice bike! Norris Dam?
Thank you. It's a 2008 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom.

Yes, I live about 15 minutes from Norris. That bottom pic was looking from the island, at the weir dam, back towards Norris Freeway (US 441). There's another dam on the other side of the island (pic). Today was the 1st time I walked across both weir dams.

It was a good day to not be on Volnation. 😁20210126_151251.jpg

Here's you another dam picture. 20210126_155358.jpg

Uhm....what? Why would we NOT want clients to know the sanctions aren't that bad? The whole narrative right now is no one wants to come here because of the NCAA. It would make zero sense to hide that and affect the quality of coach willing to accept the job.
We would owe the buyout or a settlement if they aren’t that bad could be his point.

Uhm....what? Why would we NOT want clients to know the sanctions aren't that bad? The whole narrative right now is no one wants to come here because of the NCAA. It would make zero sense to hide that and affect the quality of coach willing to accept the job.
Because sexton is Pruitts agent, meaning if he knows that violations are likely to lead to a slap on the wrist then Pruitt will find this information out and receive his whole buyout.

More than anything, I hope I'm wrong about this situation, and maybe it's BVS, but I'll believe it when I see it:

What will happen with this search (because it happens with every UT search):

1. It'll take longer to hire an AD than most on this board think. They'll interview far more than just Gilbert and Ingram. You don't hire a firm to interview those 2.
2. All these big names will be on the "hot boards". They'll decline or leverage the situation for more money and sign extensions.
3. The "insiders" will push these big names, but they'll always stop short of guaranteeing anything (see Gruden mania). They'll talk about the big money we're ready to spend.
4. We'll end up with someone who's not on anybody's initial hot board.
5. The "insiders" will remind you that they never promised anything, and they'll blame the administration/boosters for botching it. "We had him" or "It was all but done" and then someone in the AD or school admin becomes the scapegoat.
6. We all get excited about the new hire and convince ourselves that he can get the job done, especially with the right staff.
7. He hires some assistants with UT ties or who are proven solid recruiters.

Again, I hope I'm wrong. I hope things are "different this time" but we've been down this road before. Time will tell.
Posted this a while back. We are right on schedule. Somewhere around Step 4. Waiting for the insiders and Step 5. Clockwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back