Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are barking up the wrong tree with me

I’ve supported Schiano from the jump. We’d be rocking and rolling right now if had hired him
No we wouldn't. You were one of the few 90% of the fan base vetoed Schiano. It had nothing to do with the scandal but that was used as cover.
If it did those same people would be up in arms about Franklin

Reactions: Rizzo924 and coven
I think it's the cumulative effect. This + that + this and that + everything else = a lot to overcome, with the expectation that it can be overcome quickly. Admin can call for patience, but they're unlikely to get it for long at a beaten-down program desperate to win now in an unforgiving conference.
It depends on the amount of patience they're expected to have. I think fans at this point would be fine with steady progress. I think if by year four if your beating sc,ky,mz,and Vandy and your occ opponents establishing yourself as a solid third in the east, fans will be fine. If recruiting continues to improve and fans can see light at the end of the tunnel fans will be mostly good. Sure, some will never be happy. Most fans were tickled with Pruitt after last season. Thought things were trending up.

Again, please name me another FBS coach that currently has what is said on his resume.

This isn’t a guy paying player on the side man. That’s completely different that some of the stuff that has come up against Franklin.

Brian Kelly has baggage and is still employed. Hugh Freeze has baggage and is still employed. Dan Mullen has baggage and is still employed. Mike Leach has baggage and is still employed. The list could go on. You can choose to believe "what is said on his resume," and I bet the proper people will vet those things. You and I specifically don't know enough about them.

Reactions: The Artful Dodger
Brian Kelly has baggage and is still employed. Hugh Freeze has baggage and is still employed. Dan Mullen has baggage and is still employed. Mike Leach has baggage and is still employed. The list could go on. You can choose to believe "what is said on his resume," and I bet the proper people will vet those things. You and I specifically don't know enough about them.

lol

He didn’t want to see that

Some of you need to relax. Arguing over rumors is pointless. You have no control over this. Just wait until a press conference is announced. Once a new coach is announced, 99% of you will get on board and hope for the best just like me.

And making up rumours and then arguing about them is beyond pointless

We could hire a turd sandwich and you’d be ok with bringing it home.

Look at the defensive and recruits he landed at FSU that Jimbo and Pruitt road to a title. Look at the NFL players he’s brought into Kentucky. The list is crazy and that’s not even mentioning that he was part of those stupid loaded Miami teams.....

He’s also had 5 straight winning seasons at Kentucky one being a 10 win season that included beating penn state and Florida.

I get he’s not “sexy” or flashy but what he’s a damn good coach. Again follow the money... there’s a reason why he makes what he does at Kentucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back