Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what he did at Rutgers the first time was similar to what Franklin did at vandy

I think Nfl Head coaching Experience is a huge thing on a resume

I think him winning more big ten games this year than in the history of their program says different.

I think he’d be winning nicely here
Vandy winning 9 games is nowhere near comparable to Schiano's success at Rutgers in the Big East.

I think the whole Schiano thing was mostly that we felt like we could get a better coach. I know Gruden's name was hot then, even if it was unrealistic. The variance between Gruden and Schiano was huge. The background was just the vehicle people used to stand behind.

If you have a problem with Franklin, you probably have problems with LK and HF as well. I think you can probably rule out a lot of the good coaches because they have tarnished backgrounds. For me, I'm not a fan of Franklin or any of these others as people, but I can't say I personally know any of them. As a coach, I can't deny Franklin has a record of a winner. What he did a Vandy is nothing short of amazing and probably will never be repeated.

I tend to ask myself, if a particular coach was the coach for a premiere school in the SEC, how would I feel about it. If SD was the coach at Florida, I wouldn't think a lot about it. If Franklin was there, I would be afraid. Just something to think about.

questions about Franklin:
Does his team ever come out flat and unmotivated against lesser opponents?
Does he look to kill the clock before half time or score points?
Has he ever fired an assistant in the middle of a game?
Is there any rumors of him nailing coeds?

I'm having a hard time with the Vanderbilt rape case. I don't recall all the details, and I don't really want to dig that stuff up. He wasn't found guilty of anything, but I remember it being a really bad look for him.

Correct answers to my questions will help me.
1 and 2 are absolutes. As well as 3. keeps a failing QB in too long

Lol if DW really is refusing to look at coaches that are clients of sexton....wow. that's not what good ADs do. youre eliminating good coaches because you don't like their agent.

The same alleged stuff thats never been proven about Schiano, but yet he got torpedoed?

It's not the same alleged stuff at all though. Franklin held a team meeting after learning of everything that had happened (2nd hand) and when he lit up the team he told them he had seen the evidence (he later admitted this was a lie he told the team). Schiano was implicated as having witnessed the act in person and told his colleague about it.

The thing that's more frustrating is that the stuff at Penn State was ongoing for decades, and Schiano was there from 1990 to 1995, so IF he saw something with his own eyes and never brought it forward to authorities that's far more damning than anything Franklin did, since Franklin fully cooperated with the university as well as police during the entire investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back