Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone find it ironic that we want Kiffin to hop jobs from Ole Miss to us, which is what he did to us in the beginning of his career? Does that strike anyone as hypocritical?
And the guy would leave us...again...in a minute if he thought another job was better. He's a job hopper. He hasn't been anywhere longer than 3 years.

Reactions: volswillrise12
Win at all cost...amirite? Wonder how the Vanderbilt administration feels about that?
Nobody would make you cheer for him. Again, as has been said before, if he is the choice, he will have been extremely closely scrutinized during the two separate vetting processes. I think we can lay this myth to rest. Facts still matter.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
Does anyone find it ironic that we want Kiffin to hop jobs from Ole Miss to us, which is what he did to us in the beginning of his career? Does that strike anyone as hypocritical?
Why would we care? That being said it's laughable to think he's interested. He leaves them, and comes here, he has zero margin for error. He would be a pariah. And to be honest, we have the worst situation in the SEC. You are crazy if you think otherwise.

No because UT is a better job. Yes even with sanctions and a decade of dysfunction. USC and UT were close to equal level jobs in 2009 believe it or not lol

Reactions: volswillrise12
So let me get this straight:

The guys at VQ and GoVols247 are saying that JF has turned us down, the remaining candidates are Sonny Dykes & Tony Elliott.

247Sports on Twitter tweets out that PJ Fleck is “not interested in Tennessee, staying at Minnesota” yet VQ insiders haven’t mentioned Fleck turning us down or any meetings between DW and Fleck.

If these conflicting reports haven’t proven that this thing is under wraps then idk what to tell you.

The guys at VQ and GoVols247 are saying that JF has turned us down, the remaining candidates are Sonny Dykes & Tony Elliott.

247Sports on Twitter tweets out that PJ Fleck is “not interested in Tennessee, staying at Minnesota” yet VQ insiders haven’t mentioned Fleck turning us down or any meetings between DW and Fleck.

If these conflicting reports haven’t proven that this thing is under wraps then idk what to tell you.
Oh and on top of all of that, the senior writer at Clemson said today that to his knowledge, Tennessee and Tony Elliott have not made contact.

It’s been a fun coaching search, but now reality is setting in and I just hope it ends well.

I never thought Franklin was even attainable, he makes a lot of money and is from the NorthEast. This would have definitely been a homerun though.

Fleck hurts. He does make a lot of money, but I did think he would jump to UT.

Tony Elliott should be the floor, but I would personally rather have Tom Herman or Jamey Chadwell.

I do trust Danny White, but if he does end up hiring Dykes over Chadwell that’s a head scratcher. Honestly if we’re going to get hammered by the NCAA anyway, just hire Freeze.

They went after Gundy with 7 million per last time though. It’s only a great sign if you can get someone to say yes.

Sorry man, I can’t find any confirmation that we have ever offered anybody that that much money, ever. I can’t find a single article for that. Do you mind saying where you got that info? Not saying it’s not true, just curious what the source is.

I just got home from work, saw where Chris Low says that Tony Elliott and Sonny Dykes are the two main names to watch for our job at UT, and that James Franklin would be a homerun hire. I don't think we can get Franklin, and I'm not sure I want him at UT, but he would be the most sure thing as far as a new coach between those three choices. I hope it goes to Tony Elliott before Sonny Dykes, as Dykes was fired at California.. If Dykes can't cut it at Cal, he can't cut it at Tennessee... If it comes down to it, I can get behind a Tony Elliott hire.

247 and VQ know nothing this go-around. It's what happens when an adult is running the Athletic Department. We are just riddled with anxiety from previous traumatic coaching search experiences.

Sorry man, I can’t find any confirmation that we have ever offered anybody that that much money, ever. I can’t find a single article for that. Do you mind saying where you got that info? Not saying it’s not true, just curious what the source is.
I mean if you Google “Mike Gundy Tennessee” it’s the second result.

Reactions: Sleegro
It’s been a fun coaching search, but now reality is setting in and I just hope it ends well.

I never thought Franklin was even attainable, he makes a lot of money and is from the NorthEast. This would have definitely been a homerun though.

Fleck hurts. He does make a lot of money, but I did think he would jump to UT.

Tony Elliott should be the floor, but I would personally rather have Tom Herman or Jamey Chadwell.

I do trust Danny White, but if he does end up hiring Dykes over Chadwell that’s a head scratcher. Honestly if we’re going to get hammered by the NCAA anyway, just hire Freeze.

I’m not sure about “fun” but yeah it’s certainly been something. I’m just hoping that there are no pitchforks and torches outside Danny White’s office...we can’t ever have nice things.

Sure, but it was also after a bs coaching search and had to turn to someone. Not to mention Gundy had turned us down twice before that, why offer him again
I’m not making a comment about the quality of the candidate, I’m making the point we made a sizable offer in the last search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back