Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve always liked Cristobal...never mind the fact that you could make crude t-shirts in Orange based off his last name alone. I mentioned it about 100 pages ago but people crapped on the idea. Dude is a good coach, can recruit, offensive minded. Herbert is a baller. Yeah yeah Nike money and all that but the Pac12 never plays in the playoff. Conference is weak. Plus he recruits Florida and is an offensive line guru. Go get him.

I have bounced around on different names but I think I am hoping all in on Cristobal. Go get him.

Reactions: volswillrise12
I am so damn torn if they choose Franklin...between the team and university I have loved my entire 50 years of life, and continuing to support it with the likes of this man.

I honestly don't believe I could do it. I'm no high and almighty person, but this guy does not instill INTEGRITY (as the administration promised), and as this great school deserves...especially after what we have been through for well over a decade.
I think you can love a team while not liking a coach. Who do you watch on Saturdays? The team and the players out there giving their all for Tennessee, or the coach? I'm always gonna be a Tennessee Vol. Hiring a coach I don't like won't change that.

I cannot for the life of me figure out why the HELL we would want Franklin.

I will be so disappointed if this is the route they go. Good coach or not.
Vandy:
Year before JF 2-10
Y1 6-7
Y2 9-4
Y3 9-4
Year after Franklin 3-9

Just take a Vandy record and add 2+ wins a year. Dude can win some games. And DW obviously like him....I trust his judgment.

Reactions: Bruce Wayne
He makes perfect sense. Not sure it could happen, but he would be a perfect hire for us. HC at a “peer” institution, straight forward personality, lots of ties to the south, knows what it takes to win, and probably wants to be at a power program in the south. I’d say he is on Bama’s short list for when Saban retires. I would much rather have him on our sideline than have him kicking our ass for another 10 years.

I’d say it’s more of a question if he’s interested in coming down South. I think I’ve heard it said you hire a guy and don’t worry about what will happen. You just hire the guy.

Reactions: 1world1love
I think you can love a team while not liking a coach. Who do you watch on Saturdays? The team and the players out there giving their all for Tennessee, or the coach? I'm always gonna be a Tennessee Vol. Hiring a coach I don't like won't change that.

I’ll continue to cheer for the players but I will never have respect for Franklin if he’s indeed the hire.

You won’t see me begging for his autograph.

I would take Mario Cristobal in a heartbeat and not think twice. Mario can flat out recruit with the best of them and has a recruiting pipeline to South Florida and would also solve our OL problems too as one of the best OL coaches in the nation for input and Knoxville is whole a lot closer to home in Miami to see his parents and brother Lou and family then Oregon. And you talk to Bama people, his name comes up as the replacement for Saban when the time comes along with Dabo of course.

I will venture out to say he would love to get closer to home Miami to his parents and brother and family in Miami and the weather. Maybe I'm wrong but I just can't picture a Cuban American being happy on the West Coast and definitely no Cuban food out in Oregon. Lol You couldn't pay me enough to live in Oregon but I guess each their own!!
Portland was a really cool place when I moved there in 2005. Small city, Very local, good food, great coffee. It started to really change around 2010 with massive growth of people getting out of California and Washington. Glad i got out but do miss what it once was.

It's okay, I'll enjoy the double digit wins down the road if its him. If some want to bitch and moan about him, their choice.
Preach. None of his allegations have stuck besides the trash the professional litigators of volnation have thrown at him. Hell I’d take his win % the last two seasons at Vandy for the foreseeable future. 9 win seasons sound so nice right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back