Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think it's him, and it's always been him. All of this other stuff is a smokescreen.

I thought this a few days ago, but he returns 20/22 starters and they were in a NY6 bowl. as long as he produces there he will always have his options around the country and he knows it. Probably smart to just stay there another year.

I don’t think VQ has a clue what’s next if Franklin is indeed out but they certainly know that Franklin was offered the job
I think based on DW history that it’s not coming from our side.... he is known to spread misinformation..... I’m sure hubbs and price has heard something but it came from the only one that matters which is DW’s inner circle.

Reactions: BruinVol
I’m sort of bored with the Franklin talk...I’ll be honest if the guy was that bad he wouldn’t be employed at Penn State. If you don’t think a bunch of student organizations and women’s groups couldn’t get him forced out if he was legitimately guilty for whatever you haven’t been paying attention. It’s neither here nor there..the court of public opinion starts in the back next to Lane Kiffin and Hugh Freeze. Forgiveness is a hell of a drug ya’ll—

If franklin is hired, will there be another Schiano episode? That would be a serious black eye on this university.
Funny thing is I think only UT fans, myself included, hate the guy. Nationally? If UT hired Franklin away from PSU it would be shocking to say the least.

Whether You believe or don't believe what has been said about Franklin, and I think he is a good coach, the fact remains that the PERCEPTION of his character is still there and it has followed him wherever he has coached. So after all the Administration and DW have told us about integrity, vision, and representing our university with class and pride I find it hard to believe he would be hired here just because of what many perceive, right or wrong, about his character.

I think based on DW history that it’s not coming from our side.... he is known to spread misinformation..... I’m sure hubbs and price has heard something but it came from the only one that matters which is DW’s inner circle.

I said earlier I think DW fed them the info with the he’s turned it down slant to buy time to tell both teams

I may be wrong but I think Franklin is a done deal

If franklin is hired, will there be another Schiano episode? That would be a serious black eye on this university.

Schiano is a loser. Franklin ain't. I was proud of the fans that backlashed over the Schiano hire because he's a loser. I was embarrassed by the ones that used the Penn State thing as a cover up because there was zero evidence to support it. I don't see this fanbase doing that over Franklin. Some will be butthurt, they can move on or realize there's no proof or shutup and understand we just made a homerun hire. It's that simple.

Anyways. AV told us to stop bickering with each other. I agree. WE GONNA BE BACK BOYS, I feel it in my bones.

Bass, what’s your opinion on Franklin? Haven’t seen you comment on him.
Would love to have him here. Would win big here. Was vetted by Penn State after the worst scandal in history. Hasn’t been tied to the stuff at Vandy. Would love him here. Especially when the options are Steele and Dykes

DW: Hey James here’s 7.5mil plus incentives, let’s do this.

Franklin: Nah, thanks though. They’re about to install some new carpet and put on a fresh coat of paint in the locker room. Think I’ll stay.
He already makes around 7 million

Anybody not named Franklin, and it has nothing to do with coaching ability. Tennessee would probably win a lot of games. Hate me if you want, call me what you want...but I don't want a guy that fostered such a rotten entitled culture that something like that was able to happen...he sickens me.

Look..I wanna win as much as anybody, and giving players illegal benefits means nothing to me...every program worth a damn does tba...but that Vanderbilt horror show is the product of James Franklin.

I cannot and will not get behind him..

You realize Tennessee has multiple rape issues right? There are terrible dudes in every program.

I’m not talking AJ. I’m talking situations like Antwan Stewart and Niko Silvan under Fulmer.

Unfortunately it’s an issue on almost every campus.

Edit to say I don’t think Franklin handled it well, but the accusations he covered it up were proven to be unfounded.

Reactions: Dudley Smith
I’m sort of bored with the Franklin talk...I’ll be honest if the guy was that bad he wouldn’t be employed at Penn State. If you don’t think a bunch of student organizations and women’s groups couldn’t get him forced out if he was legitimately guilty for whatever you haven’t been paying attention. It’s neither here nor there..the court of public opinion starts in the back next to Lane Kiffin and Hugh Freeze. Forgiveness is a hell of a drug ya’ll—
I forgive Freeze for the hookers and strippers now hire his a$$.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back