Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m reading Hubbs and AP. There’s nothing to be positive about right now. Maybe DW pulls off a miracle, but Franklin turned us down and the only names are Elliot, Steele, and freaking Dykes
Really believe they know nothing... They don’t have an in with White yet it seems...

Get behind this program...everyone. Stop bickering. Stop second guessing.
We have a bad ass AD...I mean one of the most impressive guys I have EVER been around. He is getting this right I promise you that.

And another thing...this stuff about whales and authority to offer this and that to two whales is BS. DW has been given a damn centurion card to hire whoever he wishes at whatever cost he sees fit....i have said it 100 times but some folks just can’t understand. Money is not and will not be an issue moving forward with this program.
1611632882521.gif

What I don’t get is if we were so confident in pullling off this coup to get out from a Pruitt buyout and overthrow Fulmer, wouldn’t we have some elaborate plan with an AD and HC combo that are not worried about the NCAA sanctions? Obviously we had the AD. I mean the guy could have waited for another big job but he took this one. It’s not like he wasn’t going to be offered again. Then he also would have to feel really good about who he could get for HC. He isn’t stupid. He never makes decisions in a whim. I mean for boosters to turn in all that dirt they had to know there was a guy out there willing to take it regardless. More I think about it I don’t think Campbell is type to participate in a coup. I think Franklin, Cristobal, Patterson, Stoops are more likely suspects to participate. I wish it was Stoops but doubt he would go against his brother. Stoops name alone could recruit through sanctions. Just my thoughts.

Let’s define a few things folks

Centurian
- Gruden
- Meyer

Whale
- Stoops
- Peterson
- Patterson
- Riley

Big Fish
- Herman
- Franklin
- Kiffin
- Freeze
- Fisher

Keeper
- Fleck
- Chadwell
- Frost
- Fickell
- Cristobal

Learn to Love It
- Elliot
- Napier

Throw it Back
- Dykes
- Schiano

Great list! I can't seem to get myself to like a Freeze hire, but I know that I am likely in the minority on that one, but overall, I like it. I have to admit that with all their question marks, those five are all big fish.

I’m reading Hubbs and AP. There’s nothing to be positive about right now. Maybe DW pulls off a miracle, but Franklin turned us down and the only names are Elliot, Steele, and freaking Dykes
When was the last time Hubbs & Price have been right lately ? Here’s another thought, Darnell Wright I know may be an attention whore but if he was considering leaving why would he come back not knowing who the coach would be?

Reactions: Vols4us
I think you’re being a little critical. Vol fans are anything but amateurs in our experience with coaching searches, we have witnessed amateurs running the past 4 searches and the reactions are a byproduct of this.

Example - do you honestly think Danny White is going to hire Dykes like hundreds of VN posters, VQ, social media, Chris Low and others have been spouting could happen? When people get in a frenzy over something that is ridiculous it spreads throughout the media so they can get clicks and generate attention. It makes it that much harder for the people actually doing the work to do the work without public harassment and ridicule.

But I agree on UT having been rank amateurs since Doug Dickey and Joe Johnson retired - 20 years ago. But there are 4 new, previously successful professionals with great experience at what they do leading this search and making the decisions. Proven professionals. They deserve the space to do what they do. Which is why I said to wait until the hire is made to go crazy. JMO.

So would Urban be out since he allowed Aaron Hernandez to run around killing folks? Is that the culture he built?
Didn’t he murder someone when he was on the patriots? Ol’ Bill’s teams have always been renowned for their culture issues. Probably why they never win and have all those me first guys.

Reactions: BP4Prez
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back