Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could the people with an agenda AV was talking about be VQ? Remember the eye roll AP got from Donde? Could the Franklin talk be the agenda. That’s way far out there, but it’s fun to speculate. I mean that’s all we have at this point.
Something to think about. He has been angry for a while. Definitely pushing JP was not getting fired. Then pushing Steele was the hire.

I mean if you Google “Mike Gundy Tennessee” it’s the second result.
I don’t think those were ever serious. Due diligence made us kick those tires knowing full well he never intended to leave. Both parties knew it was a kabuki dance. Gundy was there to get a raise out of his school and we were there so we could say “see we tried to hire a big name” before heading directly to the dime store and checking out the remainders. Neither party was there to actually hookup.

Reactions: Smokey123
I may be one of the only few left that feel this way but I still don’t think anybody knows anything. All these outlets reporting on Twitter and so on are just throwing **** around for clicks because they need that $$$.
There are a few of us left. At this point the only people that know anything are the Administration, DW, and whoever DW wants to tell. :)

I may be one of the only few left that feel this way but I still don’t think anybody knows anything. All these outlets reporting on Twitter and so on are just throwing **** around for clicks because they need that $$$.
I don't think they know anything at all. They practically admit it then everyone runs with it anyway thinking they must know something or they wouldn't put that out there. AP has been in the dark for quite a while yet people are still jumping at anything he throws out. I'm not going to believe much of anything until it is announced. The media doesn't know how to handle this type of lockdown on information.

I don't think they know anything at all. They practically admit it then everyone runs with it anyway thinking they must know something or they wouldn't put that out there. AP has been in the dark for quite a while yet people are still jumping at anything he throws out. I'm not going to believe much of anything until it is announced. The media doesn't know how to handle this type of lockdown on information.
Yeah, outlets are pissed that they’re cut off and desperate to present info that brings clicks, and those two factors together tell them to set things on fire. Some of the stuff thrown out there is simply ludicrous at face value.

And everyone just takes it as fact and goes nuts. The doomsday confirmation bias around here is astounding. I mean, I get BVS and all but damn.

And then every name that’s not a pre-ordained Saban-killer just gets thoroughly shat on. It’s one thing when it’s Franklin, who’s at best an ass, even if the rape case claims are unfounded (they’re certainly unproven). But what the hell did Dykes do to get his name thoroughly dragged through the mud, just because some media folk desperately grabbed his name out of the air?

I still believe the hype about Danny White’s badassery because it’s pretty much universally held. And I still think we’ll get a really good coach. It may not be my favorite choice or it may be, just don’t know yet. But there’s waaay more evidence of DW’s elite AD skills than there is to support the doomsaying and misery that’s been all up in here today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back