Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s see 400 or so pages behind...won’t be able to catch up and don’t have much time been quite busy since sat. Everything is still progressing as planned. Don’t let any of this smoke from anyone in the media fool you. Everyone has an agenda. And so do we. DW knows EXACTLY what he is doing. This will wrap up quickly...negotiations and papering deals of this magnitude don’t just happen quickly especially when you are talking about the state our program is in. Be patient and be positive. I have been asked to respect the privacy of this search and I will...protecting that process makes us a better program long term.
No offense, but I smell bs.

Win at all cost...amirite? Wonder how the Vanderbilt administration feels about that?

View attachment 344584
Where does this mention Franklin and his involvement? If player(s) committing a crime on your team means you aren’t qualified then you might as well take away 99.99% of college coaches on your list

If you can post evidence Franklin was involved in trying to cover it up then I’d gladly say he doesn’t belong anywhere near a campus and should be in prison

247 and VQ know nothing this go-around. It's what happens when an adult is running the Athletic Department. We are just riddled with anxiety from previous traumatic coaching search experiences.
Franklin’s side could have easily leaked this. 247 & vq didn’t both just magically pull it out of a hat. There’s obviously info coming from somewhere & if DW is the super magician that our fan base is making him out to be, I’d guess it didn’t come from him.

You’ve been around long enough to know this.

I mean if you Google “Mike Gundy Tennessee” it’s the second result.

Ok, yeah, I guess all of the google results all use Brett McMurphy as the source, but there isn’t a single other supporting source for that so I wasn’t sure if there was actually a confirmation. Much appreciated though.

I think Danny White is down in Atlanta swinging from the ankles for us on some candidates being kept close to the vest. And the search firm is leaking names for cover that we either don't want or are way down the list. I do not think it immediately falls to Elliott from whoever it is we struck out on. There is another day of interviews tomorrow, IMO, or something would have leaked by now. (Sorry Stoerner Fumbles).

To me this makes the most sense out of what Atlanta VOL has said and just plain logic. (In no universe is Sonny Dykes a viable candidate at the University of Tennessee.) The administration wants someone with HC experience and Elliott is the coordinator that White likes and has interviewed in the past, but they are swinging at some different HCs before he is considered.

Franklin’s side could have easily leaked this. 247 & vq didn’t both just magically pull it out of a hat. There’s obviously info coming from somewhere & if DW is the super magician that our fan base is making him out to be, I’d guess it didn’t come from him.

You’ve been around long enough to know this.
The info would have only come from Franklin's side. DW doesn't want any leaks and it is no benefit for us to have it leak. You can bet that all the media folks are calling sources close to coaches and not anyone on UT's side.

I don’t expect everyone to like the hire. People can believe what they want. However I do have a problem with the asinine court of public opinion going around this thread today. This type of s*** is why we as fans are given a bad rap. If Franklin is hired, please don’t let Mauer be right about the fan toxicity. We’ve had one Schiano, no coach would dare touch this place after a second uprising.

good night sweet prince
Geez. What’s the issue? He stated his thoughts and you took it like he was talking about your significant other... He doesn’t like Franklin, so what...

Geez. What’s the issue? He stated his thoughts and you took it like he was talking about your significant other... He doesn’t like Franklin, so what...
Spouting off unsubstantiated claims of a potential coach harboring rapists is worth the effort of refuting. Is he your boyfriend or something? Need to come to his aid? That’s mighty chivalrous of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back