Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s be a blue balls hire for sure.

It would be a tough sell to the fanbase but I can see where people are coming from with his upside. It's a real possibility he just flat can't win at Nebraska with his system because of recruiting limitations. But man, he's done some damage to his reputation there. If I knew 100% that it was a talent thing and that he could come in and recruit FL the best that anyone ever has at UT, I'd be down for it.

A reminder that you should always aim to be a little too early on a coach.
I thought Zachs article was stupid bullcrap then, and it has proven to be a even bigger load of crap now. If we had hired him three years ago we wouldn't be in the mess we are now...period.

If you watch the press conference you would have the actual context of the quote.

It was about lists like we're trying to make in here for this hire. Not generic lists for any school. And it's because everyone naturally tries to base these predictions on previous relationships. Which hasn't worked for predicting White.

To be fair there is a possibility we're the best in the country when it comes to coaching searches. We have it down to a science at this point. UCF? Come on now. Get on our level. We can solve this thing haha. You just gotta dig deep and keep believing.

Reactions: Sleegro
It would be a tough sell to the fanbase but I can see where people are coming from with his upside. It's a real possibility he just flat can't win at Nebraska with his system because of recruiting limitations. But man, he's done some damage to his reputation there. If I knew 100% that it was a talent thing and that he could come in and recruit FL the best that anyone ever has at UT, I'd be down for it.
It’s a pretty bad indicator that he cant rebuild Nebraska or outdo Bo Pelini. UT and Nebraska are similar in a lot of ways.

If you go the coordinator route, then you can't do better than Elliott. Great offense and a great recruiter. It would definitely hurt Clemson and would also likely lock up Ty Simpson.

However, UT is in an obviously critical situation where this hire has to be the right one and they can't afford to take a chance. If they don't land a bigger name with a great resume as a head coach, then they are pretty much in the same spot they were in when they hired Pruitt...from a public perception standpoint. It wouldn't generate that excitement from those around the program or the fans. Like it or not, winning the PR battle is a big deal right now considering the public embarrassment of yet another failed coach and an NCAA black cloud. The hire of White was a massive PR win that let the college sports world know that Tennessee was done messing around. Follow that up with a big hire and the public perception of Tennessee's football program and its outlook are completely changed.

Alabama got a huge leg up in their rebuild due to the public perception of the direction of the program after hiring Saban. Suddenly almost every recruit was interested. Ok, so the Dodge Chargers didn't hurt...but every recruit saw an Alabama offer in a completely different way because that hire alone showed that they were going to do whatever it took to get back to the top.

He could very well be the right guy to turn things around, but Elliott wouldn't give the program that boost, and it's badly needed.

Post more.

Before it gets to crazy in here today guys I need some ankle sock recommendations. I wear a size 13 and socks stretch really easy and after a few wears they start to slip with me inside my shoe. Anybody got anything ? I know this is right up @nicksjuzunk ally , but I'm sure it will be a few days before he gets to this post.
I wear a 13 and use Hanes from Target and always buy the size down so they fight tight.

If it goes the OC route, how about the Florida OC, Brian Johnson?

He has had an amazing trajectory as a coach and UT is likely too soon for him, but just trying to think of someone who might be out of the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back