Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's nothing to get. It makes no sense. They won 4 games last year and had to have JG give them one to do that. Their defense was okay last year but they lost their best players. Their offense ranked as low as ours last year and we had JG and Pruitt running a high school offense. Think about how bad you have to be to match that. The difference is, we hired the guy who has coached top offenses everywhere he's ever been, and has coached and developed two Heisman QB's and multiple draft picks to coach our team.

They hired the assistant WR/QB coach from the Rams who has never called plays any level above the FCS, and when he called plays their, his offense ranked 58th in the FCS.

It's literally insanity to think they're going to be any good, let alone go 10-2.
dont they have a new offensive scheme to go along with best RB in East (outside of GA)? And a decent Oline? They'll beat Vandy & USC.

Update on this storm: Waverly was impacted so severely because the small creek that runs through town passes under a railroad upstream. That bridge got blocked by debris and formed a lake, but you couldn't see that from the road or town. If anyone is familiar with Waverly, the railroad runs parallel with Hwy70 and town, and is higher. Essentially, the railroad was a levee.

The levee broke, washed out the tracks, and a wall of water rushed across and down Hwy70 straight through the middle of town. Washing cars, homes, utility poles and people away. It was a true flash flood that nobody could see coming.
Unbelievable. So sad

Wow, didn't realize how bad many areas in mid. Tn were affected by flood damages til watching the local news and seeing video this morning. Some of the numbers coming out in rainfall totals over a 24 hr period are staggering. Thoughts and prayers for all those affected.
I coach at Waverly. It looks like a bomb has gone off in town. There are houses that are miles from their original locations, and they keep finding bodies.

Our football facility is likely a total loss, and I have no clue how we play a home game this year with the way the stadium looks. The other outdoor facilities are no better.

*Obviously the sports are secondary at this point, but I feel for the kids because there is no way they get anything close to a normal season for the second year in a row.

dont they have a new offensive scheme to go along with best RB in East (outside of GA)? And a decent Oline? They'll beat Vandy & USC.
They do, and this OC with very little experience as an OC, has to teach that entire staff the scheme that they've never coached in before. What could go wrong?

Supposedly their OL is good and their RB is okay. Their QB is very inexperienced and is a transfer, but they think he's the next Joe Burrow of course. Their ceiling is 7 wins

They do, and this OC with very little experience as an OC, has to teach that entire staff the scheme that they've never coached in before. What could go wrong?

Supposedly their OL is good and their RB is okay. Their QB is very inexperienced and is a transfer, but they think he's the next Joe Burrow of course. Their ceiling is 7 wins
Kentucky will only win 8 games, again. And **** the bed in the Asswipe.com bowl.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
I went to high school with Trenton (young man who wrote this report). He's been working hard trying to keep up with everything. That article is horrifyingly sad.
Was there a train derailment in Waverly? Late 70's maybe. They've had more than their share of disasters.

I know it’s probably not in the cards, but I really want us to beat one of Bama, UGA, or FLA this year. After the crap show and mismanagement and embarrassment and losses, and the last decade of bad luck, I don’t feel like that should be too much to ask. Just once this year - I feel like should due some good fortune.

I know it’s probably not in the cards, but I really want us to beat one of Bama, UGA, or FLA this year. After the crap show and mismanagement and embarrassment and losses, and the last decade of bad luck, I don’t feel like that should be too much to ask. Just once this year - I feel like should due some good fortune.

Florida is the highest % chance of being a win. The obvious is that they will be revamping an offense which helps, but they also will be coming off a game with Alabama the previous week. I think that does give us a punchers chance if CJH has the offense moving by then.

Nope. In no way do I think the NCAA is perfect. But it's pretty damn clear in the rule book that lying to the NCAA is a major violation. It's also pretty damn clear that Bruce lied to them in an attempt to cover for a minor violation. Unlike some, I'm not going to make excuses for him. He knowingly put himself and our program at risk through his own poor choices. Not going to defend that. I'm a UT fan. I'll always pick UT over Bruce Pearl.[/QUOTE

My motto is lie until you can't. You don't know what proof the other side has so call their bluff and lie until you can't. Pearl's problem is that he didn't know UT and the NCAA had him dead to rites. He wasn't aware of the picture of Kraft that was taken in his house. If you want to put the blame somewhere, blame the OSU head coach who turned us in. When he saw the picture of Kraft at Pearl's house, the gig was up. Even though Kraft had committed to UT, he was a junior in high school and could not be recruited off campus. Pearl knew the rules and he knew Kraft could not be at his cookout but he let him attend anyway.

Florida is the highest % chance of being a win. The obvious is that they will be revamping an offense which helps, but they also will be coming off a game with Alabama the previous week. I think that does give us a punchers chance if CJH has the offense moving by then.

I agree with this. I think that is at minimum a gut wrenching, four quarter game this year, as long as we are healthy and the team has grasped the new schemes reasonably well. I bet we are a common upset pick that weekend. Hope we can make it work.

I hate that Vandy, Kentucky and Missouri have all won in Gainesville more recently than us.

I'm keeping my expectations in check in the build up to this season, as we've all been burned before, but the narrative about UT out there by pundits and other fanbases is crazy.

"40 players transferred, including all of their best players"
"They have zero talent"
"Can they even field a team with all the players that left?"
"Defense may be the worst we've ever seen"
"They have no QB"
"There's a reason Milton isn't at Michigan anymore"
"Heupel was a horrible hire"
"Heupel's offense sucks against P5 teams"
"Heupel got progressively worse at UCF"
"Heupel won early with Frost's guys"

I'm not saying we're going to be world beaters this year, but some of these can be easily debunked with a little bit of research. I think we surprise some people this year.

I'm keeping my expectations in check in the build up to this season, as we've all been burned before, but the narrative about UT out there by pundits and other fanbases is crazy.

"40 players transferred, including all of their best players"
"They have zero talent"
"Can they even field a team with all the players that left?"
"Defense may be the worst we've ever seen"
"They have no QB"
"There's a reason Milton isn't at Michigan anymore"
"Heupel was a horrible hire"
"Heupel's offense sucks against P5 teams"
"Heupel got progressively worse at UCF"
"Heupel won early with Frost's guys"

I'm not saying we're going to be world beaters this year, but some of these can be easily debunked with a little bit of research. I think we surprise some people this year.
Exactly. Literally none of these points are true. None of them. And yet you not only see it in fanbases, but you see it in a lot of media. Stupidity

Exactly. Literally none of these points are true. None of them. And yet you not only see it in fanbases, but you see it in a lot of media. Stupidity
It’s lazy “fact gathering”! Dude down the street from me here in Texas is writing pre-season forecasts for another UT and googling. That’s the level of insight. 😏

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back