Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Civils are so good that a main structural member on the Hernando DeSoto bridge can be completely broken for years and still stand up. We got a safety factor for everything and safeguards for our safeguards.

Your dinghies ain’t got nothin to worry about.
What I read:
cb635f4d-ec69-4ab9-9bc5-c76ab8079fbd_text.gif

Lol. I've used it in the mud in my field and the front tires do not pull in 2wd. I pinky swear. If I switch to awd they'll pull. If I drive in 4wd on the pavement, they bind up. If I drive in awd they don't.

I have a screen in my truck that shows how much power is being applied to each wheel. In 2wd its zero.
Awd vehicles have a center differential that sends power to both front and rear axles while allowing them to turn at different speeds, hence no binding on pavement.
4wd vehicles have a transfer case after the transmission. When in 4wd this sends power to both front and rear axles, but they are locked together and turn at the same speed. All axles have a differential allowing the left and right tires to spin at different speeds. Some vehicles have lockers in the axle differential that can lock the left and right tires together forcing them to turn at the same speed, think jeep rubicon. Hope that explains it.
Source - I'm an engineer and like to try and break things offroad.
Edit - ridgelines aren't real trucks, they're more akin to a minivan with the back turned into a bed and you will, justifiably, be made fun of

Last edited:
For the last 10+ years the negative reporting was just factual reporting. Some are still too dense to realize it.
Not trying to sound like a jerk, but I’m not sure why folks like you follow sports that make you miserable. I say that having been there, if something makes me miserable I have to get away from it at least for a little while. At this point many of us are invested in this coaching change because we hope and pray this is the positive turn and frankly that journey is part of the fun in enjoying eventual success. If this is the positive turnaround, guys like you will never be happy and you’ll just be actively trying to poke holes in it the whole time.

Last edited:
Not trying to sound like a jerk, but I’m not sure why folks like you follow sports that make you miserable. I say that having been there, if something makes me miserable I have to get away from it at least for a little while. At this point many of us are invested in this coaching change because we hope and pray this is the positive turn and frankly that journey is part of the fun in enjoying eventual success. If this is the positive turnaround, guys like you will never be happy and you’ll just be actively trying to poke holes in it the whole time.

I grew up in Knoxville going to games all the time. I attended UT and look back on that time fondly. I want to win as much as anyone. However, it’s like this place has amnesia. You’re buying into reports from the same writers who have been lying to you for years. It’s like an endless cycle of “Old coach bad, new coach good” echo chamber.

I think Heupel has a chance to be very good here, but I don’t trust the local writers who cover the team. They have a vested interest in keeping up subscriptions, clicks, and false hopes. If they actually try to tell the truth they get RUNNOFT which is what my original comments were about.

I grew up in Knoxville going to games all the time. I attended UT and look back on that time fondly. I want to win as much as anyone. However, it’s like this place has amnesia. You’re buying into reports from the same writers who have been lying to you for years. It’s like an endless cycle of “Old coach bad, new coach good” echo chamber.

I think Heupel has a chance to be very good here, but I don’t trust the local writers who cover the team. They have a vested interest in keeping up subscriptions, clicks, and false hopes. If they actually try to tell the truth they get RUNNOFT which is what my original comments were about.
So LIVE WITH A POSITIVE HOPE AND QUIT POSTING ALL YOUR NEGATIVE DOOM AND GLOOM OPINIONS ALL THE TIME!!

Wow, didn't realize how bad many areas in mid. Tn were affected by flood damages til watching the local news and seeing video this morning. Some of the numbers coming out in rainfall totals over a 24 hr period are staggering. Thoughts and prayers for all those affected.
Yea it was the worst my family has ever seen it. We lost a barn, bush hog, a plow, and all our hay rings. Also the road washed out and is gone in front of our house. I still consider us lucky, our home or lives were in no danger, but a lot were not so lucky.

Attachments

• 523D26F4-BC51-40C2-90A9-AC97C54099BE.jpeg
    523D26F4-BC51-40C2-90A9-AC97C54099BE.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 79

I’m with you. It’s tough to get excited when we’ve seen the same cycle three times in a decade and are getting ready to rinse and repeat, same stories from the same writers written the same way.

I like CJH more than any of the previous hires. Better resume, not propped up by Saban’s reputation, not trying to make UT into Bama or USC or some other program. Seems confident in himself and his staff. Seems like a football guy, but also a normal person. Lots of reasons to be optimistic and watch the games, but yeah, I’m not buying in until we start winning games and competing with the big dogs.

Yea it was the worst my family has ever seen it. We lost a barn, bush hog, a plow, and all our hay rings. Also the road washed out and is gone in front of our house. I still consider us lucky, our home or lives were in no danger, but a lot were not so lucky.
You near the Waverly area? I have a good friend who was born and raised in Waverly. He no longer lives there but he said many of his relatives lost a great deal and lots of folks are devastated

Wow, didn't realize how bad many areas in mid. Tn were affected by flood damages til watching the local news and seeing video this morning. Some of the numbers coming out in rainfall totals over a 24 hr period are staggering. Thoughts and prayers for all those affected.

Check this out. In a 24-hr period, 17.0+ inches in McEwen. Most of that fell during a short period. Thats 2010 type numbers. Fifty miles east and that’s on top of Nashville.

E053E38C-D2FB-4EB9-97B0-FEE9FDB2DE4B.png

Also hated to hear about Phil Valentine passing from Covid yesterday. For those who don't know, he was a long-time conservative evening talk show host based out of Nashville and his program grew to national syndication over the past several years. Met him a couple of times. Great man and wonderful family. He will be greatly missed. Speaking of Covid, just a few short weeks ago, my wife's hospital was only averaging a couple of hospitalizations a week and now has 20+ with every ICU bed occupied .

Check this out. In a 24-hr period, 17.0+ inches in McEwen. Most of that fell during a short period. Thats 2010 type numbers. Fifty miles east and that’s on top of Nashville.

View attachment 388551
Crazy thing is, the 2010 flood got about 14 inches over 2 days vs 17 in less than 24 hours.

Friend of mine just posted this on Facebook. Doc Hollidays Tombstone. It’s in Glenwood Springs Colorado about 1 hour west of Vail

View attachment 388521

Fun fact about the movie Tombstone -

That line in the movie, "I'll be your Huckleberry," that's actually 'huckle bearer,' which is the piece of hardware on a casket that you carry the casket with. In other words, Holliday was warning Ringo that he was going to put him six feet under.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back