Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fulky wasn't really healthy all season, then his season ended abruptly on a terrible note. I didn't think a Tennessee guy like Fulky would hang it up like that, but he took some time mulling it over. So glad it all worked out. Barnes has completely reshaped the roster and positioned us to have a great year next year.

Maybe "angry" was not the right word. Just seemed like you were upset that people were not giving up soon enough and accepting that everyone is going to be a failure like JJP.
View attachment 362291
Not upset or angry at all. From my point of view I was just reinforcing my opinion with a pre-existing example of Petersen.

No worries... unless you are up for a knife fight, Oda 😉

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Fulky wasn't really healthy all season, then his season ended abruptly on a terrible note. I didn't think a Tennessee guy like Fulky would hang it up like that, but he took some time mulling it over. So glad it all worked out. Barnes has completely reshaped the roster and positioned us to have a great year next year.
Rob Lewis be like

1618509398368.gif

Fulky is an inspiring, classy young man. Proud he is a VFL. Will be rooting for him to have an excellent season.

Pick and roll between Chandler and BHH could be deadly. Throw in the 45% 3 point shooting transfer, Y3 JJJ, Fulky, Aidoo....this could be a pretty good team. Big question is how quickly they can build chemistry and buy in to Rick's teaching.

Been there with my wife. God and you will get her through this. Help her with everything you can. Nothing is too small.

This is really good advice. The whole process can be overwhelming. But in the midst of all that’s happening, try to keep your attention to detail. Remember what the doctors are saying. Work as a team to think through questions you ha e for the doctors, and if your wife asks for something specific - like a certain pair of socks, get those socks - not just a pair of socks.

Praying for you both and the docs and nurses who you’ll be spending time with.

Pick and roll between Chandler and BHH could be deadly. Throw in the 45% 3 point shooting transfer, Y3 JJJ, Fulky, Aidoo....this could be a pretty good team. Big question is how quickly they can build chemistry and buy in to Rick's teaching.

Yep, always the question when you churn a roster-- how quickly can they come together and develop the team chemistry it takes to win big? A healthy Fulky bringing the leadership and coach on the floor mentality might be the glue that holds all these new pieces together.

It’s really a video. Filmed with a tripod.
This site won’t let me post the video. So I posted a still frame.
Btw, I am an athlete and a strength & conditioning coach.
There’s a reason for recording sets. Don’t have nothing to prove to anyone. Nice try tho! 👍🏾
Its like filming practice.
You get to see how the rep moves, how it felt and see any corrections that need to be made if there was any form breakdown.
I remember when you posted your calf photos a few years ago. I had a photoshoot in December and my calves looked like little filleted chicken breasts attached to bone 😂

Oh, if only it were that easy. Your daughter is very likely to be an emotional being and thus the male go to of kick an ass will likely make you feel better but cause damage to your relationship with you daughter. You have to point out that he doesn't call you names and tell you to fix him a sammich because he loves you and that is just his way of flirting. You have to subtly point out all the ways he is a giant douche, stop her from seeing him so he further reveals his doucheness, and let her come to the conclusion that he is a douche and will likely always be a douche all on her own.

Prepare yourself for some silent treatment. What I don't tell her is that I love a nice silent 15-20 minute car ride with nothing but the music and thoughts of nothing to occupy by head.

Come on Glitch.Leave no trace Boy Scout Motto. It applies to more than camping and hiking.... 😎

I hope our football program can learn from the example that Coach Barnes and our basketball team have set in regard to rebuilding. The combination of Martin and Donnie nearly brought it to ground, but all it takes is the right hire and mentality to raise it back it up. I will entertain the caveat that it's much easier to turnover a 15 man roster than a 100 man roster.
I take this away - Rick walked in and after 2 "meh" years started kicking arse with a team full of sub-100 recruits. We need to box above our weight in football for a bit...then the big recruits will follow.

BHH just mentioned Grant in his commitment article. Coaching up guys will stick in recruits' minds for a long time. But falling on your face with 4 and 5*s like Butch and Pruitt did...well that sticks in their minds too.

In other words, the #13 (#1 PG), #19 (#1 PF), #60 and #62 players in the 2021 class will all be in Knoxville. 247Sports team rankings haven’t updated yet with the Huntley-Hatfield reclassification, but have to imagine Vols should be jumping from #8 to top 5.
Those top-65 guys are huge. They're the ones that will stick for 3 years, develop, and hopefully be a part of something extra special like the vets that stuck it out at Baylor.

Well, looks like 15 years on the equator finally got to me. I’ve got a bit of skin cancer fellas

COVID-19 shot today should cure that, right?
Do follow up on it. Lost my best friend at the age of 51 to a melanoma that got caught too late. He was my Vol and golf buddy and we had season tickets together. Been gone a year on April 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back