Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where the ones that said Tennessee basketball will go back to being irrelevant and only be worse next year?

Folks can argue the postseason all they want, but Rick Barnes has two losing seasons in 34 years. That includes George Mason, Providence, and Clemson, and one is the first year at UT where he inherited virtually nothing. We will never be irrelevant while he is the coach. We were always going to be making some changes and having an NCAAT level team next year.

Folks can argue the postseason all they want, but Rick Barnes has two losing seasons in 34 years. That includes George Mason, Providence, and Clemson, and one is the first year at UT where he inherited virtually nothing. We will never be irrelevant while he is the coach. We were always going to be making some changes and having an NCAAT level team next year.
Yep that’s why I understand both points of view..... he is definitely one of the best coaches in the ncaa but I also understand why people get so frustrated bc there is something always missing from his teams...... it looks like he could have figured it out by now.

Changing the subject, awhile back I remember you saying you were recovering slowly from surgery (I think). How are you doing??

Had to quit my somewhat labor intensive job because my knees will most likely never be the same. It’s rheumatic, so it’s a lifelong thing I’ll struggle with. But I got a new job. Lateral pay, but everything has worked out as well as it could

My fifteen year old started seeing a kid recently. He came over for dinner and there was just something about him that rubbed me the wrong way. She has often made poor decisions (She is a teenager) but the disrespect she began to show my wife and I was troubling. I started reading their text messages and saw very quickly that he was not a good person for her to have in her life. He called her names, told her she needed to make him some food, and told her about all the other girls he talked to and would ask if that was "okay". My daughter isn't happy with me right now, but I told her that I would never allow her to go on a date with him again ever so she might as well end the relationship. I hoped that I had raised her to have more self-respect but the age of social media and electronic self-worth seems to be ahead of me. I will never give up on my daughter because she is too incredible of a person to let randos on a website or some douche canoe of a boy to make her feel less than.

Sorry for the rant but it seems relevant with all the other parents telling their stories as well. Good luck and prayers to all the parents out there.
I am looking to start a group of dads that provides alibis for when a teenage punk needs some "direction". The boys these days are slick in how they try to train up a young lady to think poorly of themselves. Stay strong, she will eventually thank you for what you did.

In real life, I try not to be a negative person. I know sometimes I can be a little doom and gloom, but these last few years have really worn me down. I keep looking to bounce back up, but it feels like the waves just keep pushing me under. I need some kind of return to normal. Or maybe normal is just no longer normal. I don't know. I just know life seems so out of sorts, and the connections I once had just seem to be fading. It doesn't feel good.

Praying for you, man. Hope you’re able to get outside and enjoy the sun today. That always lifts my spirits.

God this must be what heroin feels like
200.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back