Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a coach makes career decisions with their heart and not their head, they're not worth hiring.

Yeah, cause nobody wants a coach whose heart is in it, right?
Of course we want their heart to be in it ... or else you get HC JP.
Just my opinion, but why can't a coach make a career decision with their heart and their head?

Yeah, cause nobody wants a coach whose heart is in it, right?
Of course we want their heart to be in it ... or else you get HC JP.
Just my opinion, but why can't a coach make a career decision with their heart and their head?
HC JP sucked not because his heart wasn't in it, but because his head was up his arse. The idea that coaches pick and choose employers based on their hearts is fantasy talk. This is the mercenary industry of industries.

Does anyone here have Rheumatoid Arthritis? This has been going on the last couple months for me and I want to see if anyone can offer some kind of solace. Hell, I’ll even take prayers at this point. It started with my right knee. I noticed it was swollen one day, didn’t think much of it. As the days passed, the swelling intensified. I couldn’t move my knee like I used to, walking started to hurt.. I went to the doctor. They took my age and assumed I just hurt myself and recommended arthroscopic surgery after several failed aspirations. By this time, my left knee was starting to swell.. then stiffen.. then hurt.

I went through with the surgery. They found nothing, aside from inflamed tissue. Now my left knee is killing me, and my right knee is recovering from surgery. My dad’s side of the family has RA history running rampant in it. But always in the hands, and always presenting in their 40s-50s. I’m 24, and this is my knees. I don’t know what to do, I see a rheumatologist next week. But this has ruined my life. I haven’t worked in two months, and I don’t see an end in sight.

I don't have RA, but do have some arthritis issues in my left knee. Got to where I couldn't put any weight on my left knee and the only thing that helps is Aspercreme with lidocaine. I lather that s*** on like crazy.

Reactions: volKano
Does anyone here have Rheumatoid Arthritis? This has been going on the last couple months for me and I want to see if anyone can offer some kind of solace. Hell, I’ll even take prayers at this point. It started with my right knee. I noticed it was swollen one day, didn’t think much of it. As the days passed, the swelling intensified. I couldn’t move my knee like I used to, walking started to hurt.. I went to the doctor. They took my age and assumed I just hurt myself and recommended arthroscopic surgery after several failed aspirations. By this time, my left knee was starting to swell.. then stiffen.. then hurt.

I went through with the surgery. They found nothing, aside from inflamed tissue. Now my left knee is killing me, and my right knee is recovering from surgery. My dad’s side of the family has RA history running rampant in it. But always in the hands, and always presenting in their 40s-50s. I’m 24, and this is my knees. I don’t know what to do, I see a rheumatologist next week. But this has ruined my life. I haven’t worked in two months, and I don’t see an end in sight.
I don't have it personally but my oldest was diagnosed with it when she was 8. She's 21 now and generally is doing well with it now although we've been through quite a bit. It's definitely a challenge but it can be managed. You need to find a good rheumatologist to get it under control. Prayers for healing and comfort

HC JP sucked not because his heart wasn't in it, but because his head was up his arse. The idea that coaches pick and choose employers based on their hearts is fantasy talk. This is the mercenary industry of industries.

Look, I'm not arguing with you, but, I cannot buy this idea that no coach goes where they want to be, or makes no decisions with their heart. It's not always about money with absolutely zero exceptions as you suggest.

You think Johnny Majors didn't want to be at UT?
You think Spurrier didn't want to be at UF.
Didn't the Bear say something about when momma calls, you go back home ... as if to say, that's where he wanted to be?
You think Phil would have rather coached at another school instead of UT?
Which job did Gruden hold out for?

Maybe the majority of coaches are what you stated and nothing more; mercenaries.
But it's not realistic or possible that every single coach alive today makes all their decisions based on dollar signs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back