Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think for the first time in a while, we actually had a competent process play out. i don't think we got the result we were after, that's obvious. but there was a plan....and they executed it. that's really all you can ask for and after the circus that was 2017, and really same goes for the post Dooley search (anyone remember Hart letting Charlie Strong leave, w/a supposed deal "done" only to find out a day later, he decdided to stay in Louisville? having to catch Jones at the last minute before he inked his deal wtih Colorado?

i mean, relatively speaking....results set aside...the process of this one seems to have gone a lot better than the last two for sure....and i'd say it went way better than the one that resulted in Dooley as well....where it was literally "dial for coaches" until someone said yes...lol.

anyway, taking all things into consideration regarding our current set of circumstances, i'm going to say that this could have, and would have, wound up WAY worse had we gone thru this with any of the previous leadership groups that had searches on their watch.

that doesn't mean the results change, of course. but, it does feel like a new day....so that's something....i hope he does great, and i've no reason to think he can't....just gonna be a little patient and see what they can do.
I agree. It might not work out, but White runs a tight ship. Even if this doesn't work out I think White is still a great AD. This is just an incredibly, incredibly difficult job right now. I'm still kind of surprised White took it, to be honest with you. That was an incredible sales job by Plowman/Boyd/Compton just to get him up here.

Nope and their defense was ass. Imagine us starting 3-0 (which isn’t impossible or some super steep task) .... Florida coming off an absolute beat down at the hands of bama...... we are a dangerous young team with a lot of confidence.
If he got 1 of the big 3 in year one. Shoooo weeee look out

big ol swing and a miss. You missed my point man....by a mile. I meant theres more talent here than he and others may have thought. As in we have underutilized our talent.

I think there is this idea that we are devoid of talent, or that we have had a complete talent drain to the portal. Up to this point, I don't think either is true. We have been recruiting in the top 15 nationally. Certainly, that is not Alabama or Clemson level, but I think a good coach can get a lot more out of these players than we have seen lately.

I may be wrong, but I don't think we are anywhere near as bad as we were after Butch was let go. Not even close.

We didn't have to hire anyone. We already had an interim coach.

I assume there is a reason that Steele has not become a head coach. Some people just aren't cut out for it. This doesn't mean that are a bad coach, but as Pruitt showed us, being a coordinator is not the same as being the main man.

TENNESSEE has made two important hires within a week's time. All things considered, the magnitude of the hires is pretty impressive. Top 5 ranked AD, and a HC with an offense ranked in the top 10 in passing and rushing. Not a "WOW" hire on the surface, but when consider where the program was, to the potential that it now has...pretty dang impressive, at least to me.

Rittenberg on ESPNU radio just said we took swings at Campbell, Fickell, and Franklin.

Said Elliott was the name trending until yesterday when they pivoted to Heupel. I’m assuming Elliott also backed out but no idea.

I have never understood why we take swings at tens that are unattainable. We then fall back to a 4. Why not take swings at 8’s which you actually might have a chance at.

Nope and their defense was ass. Imagine us starting 3-0 (which isn’t impossible or some super steep task) .... Florida coming off an absolute beat down at the hands of bama...... we are a dangerous young team with a lot of confidence.
BruisedPerkyGlobefish-max-1mb.gif

I will say that this offense puts last years FL defense on their heels. Hopefully it’ll be fun to watch again

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back