Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Want to apologize to @Bassmaster_Vol and @drvenner along with the rest of VN for my brash attitude and hateful words last night.

I am not pleased with this hire, but if it's the only one we could have gotten then there's nothing to bitch about.

I was indeed a moran and went full retard.

RecklessPlainBarnacle-max-1mb.gif
No offense taken, Brother. We all just want to win.

I assume there is a reason that Steele has not become a head coach. Some people just aren't cut out for it. This doesn't mean that are a bad coach, but as Pruitt showed us, being a coordinator is not the same as being the main man.
Yeah he's a terrible head coach but you give him a million a year for a couple of years, rag tag it and start a search with a clean slate in 2022

Want to apologize to @Bassmaster_Vol and @drvenner along with the rest of VN for my brash attitude and hateful words last night.

I am not pleased with this hire, but if it's the only one we could have gotten then there's nothing to bitch about.

I was indeed a moran and went full retard.

RecklessPlainBarnacle-max-1mb.gif
You're good. We all have our moments because we are passionate.

I think there is this idea that we are devoid of talent, or that we have had a complete talent drain to the portal. Up to this point, I don't think either is true. We have been recruiting in the top 15 nationally. Certainly, that is not Alabama or Clemson level, but I think a good coach can get a lot more out of these players than we have seen lately.

I may be wrong, but I don't think we are anywhere near as bad as we were after Butch was let go. Not even close.
the problem is the roster attrition, not the past few recruiting rankings.
depth taking a big hit, and some of that top notch talent, it go bye bye............

i don't know if it's as bare as it was when Butch got here or when pruitt got here.....i think some of that's still TBD...

but it's not ideal....especially on defense....offensively, there's going to be some things to work with for this guy.....

for reference, i think about that 2012 Dooley team with bray et al lighting it up.....but having a defense about as good as a wet paper towel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back