Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
From TOS
"Buddy of mine who is an alum from Tennessee as well told me that he and a group of folks saw Tony Elliot in Uptown Charlotte. No idea if Danny White is around or where his travels have taken him, but I can tell you there is no obvious reason for Tony to be in Charlotte unless its a personal matter. The gent who told me this would know and wouldn't be prone to mistaken identity."

Ummm - have you noticed the number of top recruits coming out of Charlotte lately? That’s a fairly obvious reason - particularly with a little more than a week before signing day.

Possibly an intrepid VOL fan caught in a time warp / bubble. He is reading this entire thread, not skipping 2 pages at a time looking for @Atlanta VOL posts like most of us. Right now he exists somewhere near Friday afternoon, still reading every post and liking threads along the way. Perhaps he is leaving us breadcrumbs to follow.

Everyone wants him to safely reach the current end of this thread.
I'm currently only 10 pages back and already skipped a bunch. And about to skip more. I'm not sure I've ever respected someone as much as I respect @Neyland Rising right now.

Finds out they hired Schiano ...

tenor.gif

That's kind of my point/question. The media seemingly gave him a pass about it, which is fine, but the media hasn't afforded passes to people who are in a similar position (i.e., people who are connected in some way with a sex crime but never charged or found guilty or anything). They are inconsistent about who they give passes to.
The media has to be really careful about crucifying someone who has been vindicated by the prosecutor in a case. If they start attacking him saying he was involved, they can be sued for libel. They didn't press the issue because there's no evidence of wrongdoing other than him having said that he lied to his team, saying he'd seen a video he hadn't seen in order to lend gravity to his rebuke of the actions of the players. The media ran that story and it didn't really have legs so it fizzled in the news cycle. To dig it up again and try to manufacture more out of it than that would open these journalists to being sued for libel. They're smarter than that. There's just nothing more to report about it.

Actually looking like Franklin by recent Twitter follows.

How do you figure? Aside from 30 or 40 vols fans that have started following him lately (which is most likely entirely based on pundit speculation), he hasn't recently followed anyone relevant to tennessee except brice, which is pretty random.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back