Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
By his choice

That has nothing to do with anything.

He’s never had the experience of running a program as the head honcho. He is a part of the culture Dabo built, not one he built.

This job is too big for someone who doesn’t have experience. Hell, it’s too big for most that do have experience. Only way this cat gets hired is if we miss/have missed on others.

Looks like the AD has had TE's name and resume in his back pocket as his ace for whenever the job at UCF came open. He has obviously vetted him for a long time, and had this guy ready to play for a while.

It's not a hire I was excited about, but if this really is it then I trust that this is the AD's best.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Well ain’t nobody talking and we’ve heard the same names Dykes, Fleck Elliot. Usually when the DMs snakes keep being brought up it’s a sign. We’ve struck out with this “whale” if there ever was one to begin with.

None of the names we heard were hired as AD though...

Reactions: SweetasSoda
I don’t know a single Texas fan that was upset about him getting fired. Not one. The message boards absolutely loathed the guy. There wasn’t even a Tennessee Stud type troll speaking up for him.
He made players use a pee color chart. I mean literally was checking their pee color.

Well ain’t nobody talking and we’ve heard the same names Dykes, Fleck Elliot. Usually when the DMs snakes keep being brought up it’s a sign. We’ve struck out with this “whale” of there ever was one to begin with.

AV said current HC, to listen to Chris Lowe. Anyone at UCF will tell you all his hires were kept close to the vest. I get your stance, but there's plenty of evidence people aren't hearing **** and they desperately want news and clicks so they have to say whatever seems "realistic.". Hey maybe it will be Elliot, maybe we tried our damn best to get Campbell and he just wouldn't budge. But I just think it's silly to accept it until it actually happens.

I was thinking what if Danny could lure Chris Petersen back into the game? Crazy big hire. But then I thought, Petersen stepped out because of pressure and anxiety. At Washington. Three years here would kill him.
Before I thought about these very same ones you have, Peterson was a whale to me, and he still is, absolutely; but, yeah...the SEC could chew him up and spit him out...but, thats the only worry, imo. A big one, but...

Still, if we could land Peterson...bona fide, holy sh!t, dancing all night hire.

@White Bread

From TB Basketball overtime tonight:

Roger is pissed about the Basket Ball team!

Tony gave an update as he knows it. 3 Haslams, AD and Cancellor spent significant time together at halftime. No info out there, people who say they know are lying. Don’t think Matt Campbell is happening, but feels like they are kicking tires on him. Throwing money at candidates. Be careful what you are reading. Moving quickly, but not recklessly. Encouraging listeners to let it go......this guy has money and leaving him alone to do his job. Won’t be surprised if they circle back to Elliott. Be careful what you believe until someone is walked across the stage. P J Fleck and Dykes (sounded like puking sounds in background) are just talks, Elliott talk is potentially real (in TB option).

I believe @Atlanta VOL every time he speaks but his silence concerns me.

He literally told us he’s not saying anything...

We will hire a current head coach....that is all I am saying so don’t ask.
Also if you want a mainstream media guy to listen to...its Chris Lowe....he has contact with some of the FU money these days. Where do you think a lot of those guys get their intel from :)

I don’t want to believe it, but how many times has one of the national media guys walked a story back? These guys don’t conjecture. This only plays out one of two ways for us imo:

The story is true and he either accepts or turns us down and once again we are in the public spotlight. I just don’t believe that these guys guess when they talk.

Basilio preaching patience and not to get overwrought about names that surface. Says the boosters are letting DW run the show, and he opens doors that Fulmer never could. Said there might be something to Tony Elliott, but also mentioned they might “circle back” to him, which I took to mean he’s not the primary target.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back