Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts, Springer, Santi & Fulky all three are obviously less than 100%.

I’m glad Barnes isn’t being to tough on em.
Barnes said Springer will be back when he says he's good to go. I'll be hard on them because that's who I am but Id rather him sit now then sit in March

I’ll trust whomever Danny White hires will be a great coach that will be a great hire. I guarantee that whomever he hires probably wouldn’t have picked up the phone if we would have had someone else. He knows what he is doing.
This is what gives me faith.

Just reading Stoerner’s update, it really does seem like we have we have a big fish seriously considering us, and there’s a lot of due dilligence to go over with our job. Campbell is representing himself, I can see him being the guy, and there may be some question about whether he can bring his DC Jon Heacock with him.

We would have a very nice First Lady of Vol football.
p-j-fleck-s-wife-1604599602.jpg

Would you look at the size of the bulbs on that tree?

Barnes said Springer will be back when he says he's good to go. I'll be hard on them because that's who I am but Id rather him sit now then sit in March

Kid has a NBA career, he gets drafted without ever playing another minute here. So I think playing it cautiously is smart for Barnes, it’s gonna help him keep pulling that level of talent too.

Herman would probably be considered a great hire and is a hell of a recruiter but I just can't stand him. I live in Austin and told all my longhorn friends when he was hired that he was gonna get himself run off pretty quickly. And...
I don’t know a single Texas fan that was upset about him getting fired. Not one. The message boards absolutely loathed the guy. There wasn’t even a Tennessee Stud type troll speaking up for him.

Stoerner Fumbles said:

No planes flew anywhere today. No new offers were made. We have the same primary target. I still don’t know who that is, unfortunately. I realize everyone will turn on me soon, if I can’t get a name. Kudos to White for getting everyone to behave. Of the names the media has mentioned, Elliot and Fleck are backup plans. Others mentioned are just air. My friend said that every candidate has been asked to provide a sample staffing plan, recruiting territory plan, and vision for the program. The primary candidate is not a Sexton client, and has asked to be walked through NCAA exposure. If we move down the list, their will be a letdown among the boosters. They’re all very confident that they have a bulletproof plan. If we miss, I’m sure White will find a good fit. It just may not be the big fish they believe we’ve already landed.
Campbell... has to be

Beating GA in our house. Don’t make it to many games, but was fortunate enough to make the long trip with my boys and go to the game with my Dad. That stadium was electric and the excitement is something I haven’t seen in a long time. Not saying he is the only coach that can get us back there, but we need that type of excitement he brought again. We deserve to feel that away again! Close 2nd that SC Halloween game in those black jerseys.
I agree that was a big win but Georgia wasn’t ranked when we played them and finished the season 8-5 4-4 SEC..... it wasn’t like we weren’t beating Georgia back then ..... we beat #12 Georgia at home and 2007 and also beat #10 Georgia in 2006 on the road..... Lane is a tad over hyped due to being an offensive And cocky coach...... his record is not nearly as impressive as people’s love for him.

The op said shaw was a program builder.
You can’t seriously think Buiding a program means taking over a 12-1 team.

you realize that’s the side you are taking here right?
Don't give a sh!t what the op said...I give you absolute fact that it hasn't "gotten worse". Harbaugh won ZERO division or conference championships...combined, Shaw has won 8 in 10 seasons. Harbaugh won 29 games at Stanford, thats 58%...Shaw has won 90, thats 75%...Harbaugh was 1-1 in bowl games, Shaw is 5-3...Harbaugh was 9-7 against Oregon, USC, Washingon, and Cal...Shaw is 24-12, and has a winning record against all four...against Cal, Stanford's biggest rival, Harbaugh was 2-2...Shaw is 8-1.

Now, I have given you even more absolute proof that Stanford's program hasnt "gotten worse". I could go on; but, ill leave you with the L.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
I agree that was a big win but Georgia wasn’t ranked when we played them and finished the season 8-5 4-4 SEC..... it wasn’t like we weren’t beating Georgia back then ..... we beat #12 Georgia at home and 2007 and also beat #10 Georgia in 2006 on the road..... Lane is a tad over hyped due to being an offensive And cocky coach...... his record is not nearly as impressive as people’s love for him.

Wasn’t who was ranked what it was the excitement among the fan base, that feeling of invincibility. I haven’t felt that way since 2009.

I understand that DW isn’t hiring a coach based on fan approval and he shouldn’t. I think it would be a complete lack of awareness to hire Fleck that is so much like Butch, has used the same year zero speech after a disappointing first year like Dooley did and Fleck stating Schiano was “The greatest influence of my entire life” just seems like that’s a guy you can’t hire at Tennessee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back