Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Herman would probably be considered a great hire and is a hell of a recruiter but I just can't stand him. I live in Austin and told all my longhorn friends when he was hired that he was gonna get himself run off pretty quickly. And...
Eh. "Great" is a stretch.
He was losing too many games to teams he substantially out talented. He could recruit well here and be 4th or 5th in the conference.
At Texas, he was at least even with OU and a lot more talented than everybody else.

I sincerely hope the hire is Campbell or Fickell. They know the game, well established systems of play, great leaders of men, get more out of less consistently. They could put a winning plan in place and execute it instead of the messes we have seen for the past 12+ years. Whoever it is has a great opportunity here. The situation is ripe for revival.
And it better not be the Cincy dude

giphy.gif
AMEN!!

I thought everyone was a Sexton client. Is our strategy to find as many as possible to put on the list so he doesn't get any press except what he throws out?
No so we know who potential candidates are since it's been said we're not after any sexton clients. It's the 2021 plane tracker of coaching searches.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Stoerner Fumbles said:

No planes flew anywhere today. No new offers were made. We have the same primary target. I still don’t know who that is, unfortunately. I realize everyone will turn on me soon, if I can’t get a name. Kudos to White for getting everyone to behave. Of the names the media has mentioned, Elliot and Fleck are backup plans. Others mentioned are just air. My friend said that every candidate has been asked to provide a sample staffing plan, recruiting territory plan, and vision for the program. The primary candidate is not a Sexton client, and has asked to be walked through NCAA exposure. If we move down the list, their will be a letdown among the boosters. They’re all very confident that they have a bulletproof plan. If we miss, I’m sure White will find a good fit. It just may not be the big fish they believe we’ve already landed.

It’s got to be Fickell or Campbell.

That’s the only big fish I can think of unless White pulls Bob Stoops out of his a$$.

I understand that DW isn’t hiring a coach based on fan approval and he shouldn’t. I think it would be a complete lack of awareness to hire Fleck that is so much like Butch, has used the same year zero speech after a disappointing first year like Dooley did and Fleck stating Schiano was “The greatest influence of my entire life” just seems like that’s a guy you can’t hire at Tennessee.

I agree. Fleck also has to be aware of what happened with Schiano here. For his own careers sake he should probably think twice before coming here.

It’s got to be Fickell or Campbell.

That’s the only big fish I can think of unless White pulls Bob Stoops out of his a$$.
Now Josh, I don't think Bob Stoops is hiding in Danny White's ass. It's not that big.

Not that I've been looking.

This is what gives me faith.

Just reading Stoerner’s update, it really does seem like we have we have a big fish seriously considering us, and there’s a lot of due dilligence to go over with our job. Campbell is representing himself, I can see him being the guy, and there may be some question about whether he can bring his DC Jon Heacock with him.
Campbell would be an incredible hire. But I don't think he is the whale that we're after.

This is what gives me faith.

Just reading Stoerner’s update, it really does seem like we have we have a big fish seriously considering us, and there’s a lot of due dilligence to go over with our job. Campbell is representing himself, I can see him being the guy, and there may be some question about whether he can bring his DC Jon Heacock with him.

You let that man bring any coach he wants in America with him

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back