Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been busy around the house today, but just finished catching up on nearly 100 pages lol. Good lord you guys are freaks.

Anyway, seems like today was a good day to miss. What a depressing 100 pages, IMO. I cannot get behind Fleck or Elliot. No more coordinators. And the thought of Fleck’s Butch Jones Ass mannerisms and catch phrases already has me puking.

Please let the great white whale of Campbell’s chicken noodle soup be the pick.
Fleck isnt a coordinator

White is going to hire a coach that will win games and get the team behind him. I promise you he isn’t concerned with the level of fan excitement in the week following the announcement. “We” (gesturing widely) do not factor into this equation, nor should we.
I understand that. Fleck is an 8 win ceiling guy here. His year 4 Minnesota team was garbage. I don’t see him competing with Alabama, Florida, or Georgia. Sorry. And if I’m wrong and he does get hired, I’ll be pulling for him as hard as anyone else that had put on the Power T. I just want to win and I’m afraid he get us to the citrus bowl on great years and nothing more. I’ll pass

The question that was asked the other day that might be the most important qualification is who is on the list that has big enough stones to deal with this place and has thick enough skin to see this process through and can reasonably do it? Guys we are a handful and have incredibly high expectations (and we should).

Here is my list of guys that fit that bill:

Kiffin
Freeze
Chadwell
Herman

Unsure about: Campbell, Cristobal, Fickell
Well, per Stoerner who has been pretty spot on. Freeze and Chadwell are not options. Kiffin hired a coach today and I'm too lazy to find the post but someone said Kiffin doesn't really want us and we aren't sure we really want him. So your list is Herman

Well, per Stoerner who has been pretty spot on. Freeze and Chadwell are not options. Kiffin hired a coach today and I'm too lazy to find the post but someone said Kiffin doesn't really want us and we aren't sure we really want him. So your list is Herman

If we’re going to settle for someone decent then I’d take Herman.

But goodness, don’t settle for someone like PJ Fleck.

The fan base would get tired of him quick.

David Shaw hates the SEC. He always has a snide remark about the conference about how the SEC has inferior academics than the PAC 12. He’s an elitist.

Yeah and a lot of people on here want Kiffin and he figuratively drug his bare ass all over the program on his way out the door. Shaw is a better coach than him too—-and no I don’t think he’s leaving Stanford but find it funny that so many people are salivating for Lane Kiffin—whom, in totality has won nothing in his career except idiots that hire him. He won’t last at Ole Miss.

Read up on your history before you tell me my take was terrible

harbough was the program builder. He went 12-1 his last year there and left Shaw a great loaded program.

Since then Shaw has done very well but it’s faltered lately.

Shaw has lost more games in the last 3.5 years (this year was only 6 games) than he lost in his first 6 years.

first 6 years
64-17 for a .790 winning %

In his last 3.5 years 2020 is 1/2 year
26-19
.578 winning percent

So yea he’s really slipping. He’s a good coach but with the offensive game changing so much he hasn’t evolved and that’s why you see his program slipping
Whether you know it or not...hell, who knows with you, you moved the goal posts. No matter. I stand by what I said, terrible take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back